Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ahh if we still had Champ

bonesbr549

It's been a long time, and while I liked Portis, I still feel today as good as he was, it was a mistake to trade Champ. I can still remember my sister calling me and rubbing it in. Can you imagine him still back there. I know you can't play coulda,shoulda, woulda, but I'm just sayin.......

Nope, don't miss him a bit. I feel one of reasons for our turnaround this year is that we have character in the locker room. Chump was solid on the field, but if he didn't want to be here, that is bad for the locker room. Good riddance chump, don't miss you a bit.

Well, if Champ WOULDA wanted to stay, we probably COULDA signed him.

But since he didn't, it's not really even worth musing over.

the fact we managed to take a player who had publicly stated he was not coming back and was going to leave as a free agent... and do a sign-and-trade to pick up Portis is one of the better moves this organization made in the 00 decade.

~Bang

...we wouldn't be in this position today.

We can go over all the bad moves over the past decade, but if the Skins make the right move on even just 1 of them, maybe we don't end up with RG3. Maybe we win a couple more games each year and get worse picks. Maybe we don't have the picks to trade for RG3. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Do you see how this works? Everything the Redskins have done, good and bad, led us to this exact point. I hate that we have sucked for so long, but I'm happy where we are right now.

...we wouldn't be in this position today.

We can go over all the bad moves over the past decade, but if the Skins make the right move on even just 1 of them, maybe we don't end up with RG3. Maybe we win a couple more games each year and get worse picks. Maybe we don't have the picks to trade for RG3. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Do you see how this works? Everything the Redskins have done, good and bad, led us to this exact point. I hate that we have sucked for so long, but I'm happy where we are right now.

I think it's called the Butterfly Effect. I also think it's garbage.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 10:59 PM ----------

If only we didn't switch from brad Johnson to Jeff George....

Now this one has some merit. Or to paraphrase: If only Marty had stayed.

---------- Post added January-3rd-2013 at 10:59 PM ----------

If only we didn't switch from brad Johnson to Jeff George....

Now this one has some merit. Or to paraphrase: If only Marty had stayed.

I dont miss Champ at all, I wish we had Sean back. Imagine how pumped he would have been for that game last Sunday?

Oh yeah, put me down for this one. Seriously, I don't care for any player that doesn't want to be here. Let them go, good riddance.

What don't people get about the fact that Champ was leaving, whether it was via that trade, or once his contract was up? If that trade wasn't made, Champ leaves in free agency and the team gets nothing for him.

Instead we ended up with a Clinton Portis who twice put the team on his back late in the season to the playoffs.

Archived