Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moral Quandary about Scummy Ticket Seller, Advice Needed

E33Green

Update:

After I emailed him saying I would report him, he sent back a response begging me not to do so. Literally crawling on his knees, made up some sob story about needing the cash (checked out his lawyer bio online, believe me he does not need the extra cash unless he has a serious gambling problem or something) and promising me he would be at the game on Sunday cheering his lungs out. He also asked me "does this mean my tickets won't work if I try to use them on Sunday?" :ols:

My work here is done; I am not going to report him. He sounded genuinely contrite and embarrassed, and I think he got the message loud and clear: NEVER SELL YOUR SEASON TICKETS TO DALLAS FANS!!!!!

I don't get it. Where you going to report him because of the qualifier on a non-protected class or the outrageous price? I read your original post as if it was the former, but this last one indicates the latter. If the latter, you're the customer and no one is forcing you to go to the game let alone buy those particular tickets. That's the nature of the resale market...pure supply and demand. If they guy can get $3K, so be it...

Yeah god forbid a season ticket holder try to make any money off the only game that's mattered in the last 20 years.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not selling my tickets because I want to be at the game. But if someone else wants to who gives a ****.

I would never buy or sell anything on Craigslist! But, that's just me.

As to the seller .. I think it's ridiculous to report him. If he wants to sell his tickets to the biggest game in perhaps 20 years for this team, then more power to him. If someone wants to go bad enough to pay 3000 clams, then what's the harm? He may not sell the tickets at all at that price. Aside from violating any terms of his ticket contract, it is possible that the poor schmuck might be a long term ticket holder who has paid BIG annually to watch the crap that Snyderratto put out for more than a decade! Cut him some slack.

Agreed. I know a guy who paid $900/ticket for lower level endzone tickets AT THE SUPER BOWL. These prices are unreal.

Ya don't get me wrong. I like to go to skins games but I'd prefer going to the Vikings game and only pay 90 a piece.

its like a 30000000% increase hahaha

---------- Post added December-28th-2012 at 06:14 PM ----------

Ya don't get me wrong. I like to go to skins games but I'd prefer going to the Vikings game and only pay 90 a piece.

its like a 30000000% increase hahaha

LOL, I went to the Ravens-Giants game last weekend and it was the first time I'd seen any of our division rivals play. I've probably been to ~10 Redskins games in my life.

I'll be the first one to day I put my tix up for sale. I priced them high enough only a fool would buy them and then my whole next year would be covered. They didn't sell and we're gonna have our butts in our seats and tailgating like usual. Who wouldn't try any pay their entire season off with one game. My buddy who has Caps season tix does it every year for a game or two of the playoffs.

Plus I'm not a fan of night games because all it does it bring out more drunk badasses starting fights over a game played by millionaires. Then after the game they get in a car and risk everyone's life with their bad choices.

Update:

After I emailed him saying I would report him, he sent back a response begging me not to do so. Literally crawling on his knees, made up some sob story about needing the cash (checked out his lawyer bio online, believe me he does not need the extra cash unless he has a serious gambling problem or something) and promising me he would be at the game on Sunday cheering his lungs out. He also asked me "does this mean my tickets won't work if I try to use them on Sunday?" :ols:

My work here is done; I am not going to report him. He sounded genuinely contrite and embarrassed, and I think he got the message loud and clear: NEVER SELL YOUR SEASON TICKETS TO DALLAS FANS!!!!!

To be honest, this almost sounds a little sadistic. The guy was selling for $3,000 because he could actually get it. You seem to really, really be blowing off how much money that is. The fact that he was willing to sell to a guy who he thought was a Dallas fan could actually be seen as a Redskins fan taking advantage of circumstances to completely hose said Dallas fan because ticket demand has pushed prices into the stratosphere. Ever think that even though he put the disclaimer in the ad, once the rubber met the road and he actually had a "Dallas" fan offering to pony up three thousand dollars for his tickets, he started thinking about the exchange that way instead? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of lifelong Redskins fans who would decide that $3,000 would be so significant to them that they'd sell tickets to this game for that price.

Nobody wants "foreign" fans in their stadium, but this is a bit much.

What an ass. If somebody offered me 3,000 dollars for my tickets I wouldn't sell them. I've never been to a meaningful game like this.

Gotta love somebody trying to take advantage of something like this. It's like something from an old college class of mine where a bus breaks down in the middle of the desert and one guy has a backpack full of water bottles. Should he be a good capitalist and sell them for the most profit he can?

You wouldnt sell your tickets for $3000?!?! I definitely would! Flip your tickets then go buy cheaper ones! Profit!!

Interesting angle...what if you reported the guy and he did lose his tickets. The Redskins would certainly find someone else to buy them next year, but what if that "somebody" was Stub Hub? That would all but guarantee that visiting fans would be in those seats during most games. I do agree that the guy was a bit inaccurate about who he was willing to sell to, but it's not worth getting overly petty about it.

Here's the other thing...you mentioned the guy claims to be a lawyer. I'm certainly not in the law profession, but the fact is that it can be unpredictable. Let's say your scenario about the tickets belonging to his boss was in fact true, and he lost his job. If he happened upon this thread, in a court of law a judge might consider it evidence enough of intent to harm someone to find in favor of the guy in a lawsuit. That's a very extreme circumstance with a lot of "what if's," but you get my point I'm sure. I suspect that you have no urge to end up as a co-defendant in a wrongful termination suit or something along those lines.

If it was row 2, then they may have been dream seats. Those are pretty expensive.

I was on Stubhub a few days ago and checked to see what tix in my section (142) were going for. The row behind me (row 9) had 4 seats together for 2k a piece. They sold. I just hope that tey arent directly behind me, because I am not sitting down the entire game. LOL

If it was row 2, then they may have been dream seats. Those are pretty expensive.

I was on Stubhub a few days ago and checked to see what tix in my section (142) were going for. The row behind me (row 9) had 4 seats together for 2k a piece. They sold. I just hope that tey arent directly behind me, because I am not sitting down the entire game. LOL

so 8k for 4 tickets? people around here have too much money

Nobody wants "foreign" fans in their stadium, but this is a bit much.

As usual, very well reasoned and well said. I agree with your post

---------- Post added December-28th-2012 at 06:49 PM ----------

You wouldnt sell your tickets for $3000?!?! I definitely would! Flip your tickets then go buy cheaper ones! Profit!!

Yep. I don't understand a lot of the feelings in this thread.

Update:

Hahaha, that is awesome!!!

I have tickets I can't use because of an injury. I probably could have gotten up to $1,500 for them in a secondary market but sold them to Redskins guys I know for 200 bucks instead. I understand this is just me and my situation though. If I really needed $1,500 at a certain time so badly I probably should have $2,500 season tickets to begin with.

Outside of the Masters or the Super Bowl I just don't see paying over $1k a ticket for anything. If someone offered me that much for my tickets to anything, I'd have to bite (and possibly buy cheaper tickets elsewhere).

There are always still scalpers holding tickets to everything at the start of every event.

Lol, I hate to tell you this but if you're sitting in front of someone that paid that much for his seats not only will you be sitting down the entire game but if you get up to use the restroom you'll hear "down in front."

OP, I agree we should try and get the seats filled with loyal fans. However I have to say that the seller should be able to charge all the market will bear. Also your behavior in this matter has been somewhat shady. It seems to me that you posing as a Cowboys fan is as disingenuous as the greedy seller.

I tried to get Falcons playoff tix for an hour yesterday morning, knowing I could sell 'em if the Skins don't win the first round. Only time I've ever seen the Skins live was a preseason Falcons game (in '98, I think). My husband knows how important this is to me, and said,"Here's the card, get the best seats you can, I'm in."

I've never loved him more. He loves watching RGIII, and I'm determined to have him in burgundy and gold before I die.

Hail!!

I have never understood the mindset by some on this board that they have a right to tell other sellers what they should charge for their tickets. If i go on the classifieds or craigslist or anywhere else and the ticket price being charged is over what I want to pay, I move on and look for a better deal. I love when fans choose to sell their tickets at face value on here to other skins fans and I have done so myself. But I don't feel it is my place or anyone elses to tell other people what they can charge for their tickets.

Archived