Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Feelings . . .

Tomel

I don't know if "Feelings" is the best subject line, but somehow it seems appropriate.

I'm 66 and grew up in Northern Virginia. I've been a skins fan as long as I can remember.

At the beginning of this season, if someone said I could have a 9-7 season or take my chances, I would have taken the 9-7 in a heartbeat. At the Bye, I'd have been happy with a 6-10. Well, now we've got a lock on the 9-7 and you know what? My initial reaction is that it will feel like a major disappointment if we don't win just one more. I'm sure most of you "feel" the same. I won't feel disappointed just for myself, but for the team as well. I sense something special surrounding this team and this year. I believe they deserve that final regular season win vs. Dallas and the chance to experience a playoff game at FedEx.

However, regardless of what happens next Sunday, I want the team to know the fans recognize their efforts, applaud their accomplishments, and thank them for an exciting season

I don't know if "Feelings" is the best subject line, but somehow it seems appropriate.

I'm 66 and grew up in Northern Virginia. I've been a skins fan as long as I can remember.

At the beginning of this season, if someone said I could have a 9-7 season or take my chances, I would have taken the 9-7 in a heartbeat. At the Bye, I'd have been happy with a 6-10. Well, now we've got a lock on the 9-7 and you know what? My initial reaction is that it will feel like a major disappointment if we don't win just one more. I'm sure most of you "feel" the same. I won't feel disappointed just for myself, but for the team as well. I sense something special surrounding this team and this year. I believe they deserve that final regular season win vs. Dallas and the chance to experience a playoff game at FedEx.

However, regardless of what happens next Sunday, I want the team to know the fans recognize their efforts, applaud their accomplishments, and thank them for an exciting season

I think projecting is something we can't help but do. Given what we've seen out of the Redskins, you can't help but feel prior to the year that this team wouldn't win the NFC East but maybe they'd do a little better. People said things like given that he's a rookie, we're a young team, we'll contend later on in the decade. And all of these things are very irrelevant. It's all bull**** talk.

In sports you need to deal with what's IN FRONT OF YOU. This team is winning. They're winning in a multitude of ways. Odds are, they hit the playoffs. They're playing like it. Regardless you got to play ball. Throw your expectations out the window because they have no baring on reality, and you know that.

Hail to the Redskins, it's going to be a big week. Given where we've come from and how long this has taken, this is the biggest game the Redskins have played at FedEx field.

We don't have much to complain about. I will be dissappointed if we lose next week though. It's too hard not to be, the team played its way into this position. London, Santatna, and Reed know what it means to be in this position plus Shanahan is the coach to put this drive over the top. There will be much disappointment on the team if Dallass wins, like a thread once said, "Paloffs is now."

+1 on this, words of wisdom for an old school

I appreciate the effort this year. Dallas sucks. Their defense is leaking like a sieve. I feel if we lose this game, we'll have beaten ourselves. That in and of itself will be disappointing. That said, I don't see us losing against Dallas at home especially given how electric it will be at Fed Ex Field next Sunday. We ARE the better team.

At the beginning of this season, if someone said I could have a 9-7 season or take my chances, I would have taken the 9-7 in a heartbeat.

I'm 60 umph and I agree with you, but I'm glad my grandkids will get to experience a Redskins/Dallas game that is meaningful and for the championship of the NFCE. I can remember some royal battles and I want them to enjoy Redskins football the way it should be. :)

No matter what happens, I'm extremely proud of this team and where we're headed. The future is bright for this organization. HTTR!!!

I have often read that to learn Shannahan's system it takes at least 2 years of playing in it, can you imagine what we will have next year and in the future once RGIII learns it?????????

I have often read that to learn Shannahan's system it takes at least 2 years of playing in it, can you imagine what we will have next year and in the future once RGIII learns it?????????

I can't wait to see what it looks like, RGIII is already playing at a very high level. If we can tighten up the secondary, this team is going to be in great shape.

Amen. Even if we lose this week we still improved by four games this year despite a rookie QB, a rookie RB, the most injured/suspended team in football, and 18 million in cap space STOLEN (yes stolen Mara/ Goodell). Proud of my team win or lose next week.

---------- Post added December-24th-2012 at 04:17 AM ----------

Forgot, also the most penalized team (no coincidence) in football

I really want them to win b/c it has been so long to see our team end on a high note,win the division and make it to the playoffs.If we don't win then people just remember we have something getting ready to be very special each and every year.I see the skins making some big time noise and causing major headaches for the rest of the NFL.

hail to the skins!!!!!

Archived