Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII Is One -Third Headed To Hawaii (6th Overall In Fan Voting)

BleedBNG

Not yet...from the article you linked:

Fan voting — which ended Monday — is only one-third of the process of determining the AFC and NFC Pro Bowl teams. The league’s coaches and players cast their votes today and tomorrow, and the announcement of the 2013 Pro Bowl teams, including starters, will be made Wednesday, Dec. 26, in prime time (7 p.m. ET) on NFL Network’s “NFL Total Access Pro Bowl Selection Show.”

Not yet...from the article you linked:
Fan voting only counts for 1/3 of the vote.

Not that I don't think he'll win the player and/or coach vote, just that it isn't set in stone yet.

Oh, sorry... didn't know there was more. Mind went blank on me reading the third paragraph. Thanks!

In the NFC, the QBs who are deserving of consideration are:

Rogers (Lock, should be starting the pro-bowl)

Robert

Ryan

Wilson

Romo sits to pee

Brees

Personally, I think that the first four on my list should go, and I'd be willing to bet that one of the those 4 would not be able to go because they will be representing the NFC in the SB. Romo sits to pee has actually had a heck of a good season, and Brees should get consideration because he's basically had to be the QB, HC, OC all at the same time. I really can't see any reasonable argument that Robert would NOT be in the pro-bowl. I think this year, it's hard to put either Romo sits to pee or Brees over Robert.

In the AFC, you have:

Peyton (lock)

Brady (lock)

Shaub (really should be a lock)

Dalton

Rothlisburger

Luck

Apart from the Colts playing the damn easiest schedule ever, and him being the #1 pick, I can't find a way to elevate Luck over Dalton or Rothlisburger, both of whom have statistically had better seasons. Luck's team has more wins. For what it's worth. But he shouldn't be higher than the 6th QB you'd pick in the AFC.

My 2 cents.

you could say that about a lot of players. i dont think it means as much when you get in as a replacement

I see what you are saying, but I feel it's still an honor making it as an alternate. I think ST21 was an alternate in the Pro Bowl where he laid out that AFC kicker.

I see what you are saying, but I feel it's still an honor making it as an alternate. I think ST21 was an alternate in the Pro Bowl where he laid out that AFC kicker.

Yeah it's still an honor. I believe all of Fletcher's pro bowls have been as an alternate. Although Vince Young as a rookie was a bit of a stretch...

Archived