Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RGIII Is One -Third Headed To Hawaii (6th Overall In Fan Voting)

BleedBNG

How many QBs get in from each conference? I have a hard time believing the coaches and players would vote for Griffin over Rodger, Ryan and Brees at this point.

For the record, three QBs from each conference get in the ProBowl. Both Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III are the no-brainer-picks as they are fighting it out for the best QB rating in the NFL. Matt Ryan is the easy but distant third choice. All three are having a great year, with great stats, as well as carrying their teams to a division title with a playoff birth. Drew Brees is the obvious odd man out here, especially as he has been badly out-dueled by Matt Ryan within his own division in every aspect of the game, ie individual stats, team's win-losses, playoff-wise (it's a clean sweep). In comparison, Brees has been very on&off this year, especially early on in the season when Griffin out-played him in his first game ever as a rookie. I personally would wonder what better case does Drew Brees have to make the ProBowl than either Eli Manning or Tony Romo sits to pee? Who have both had a solid but not exceptional year {{Edit - and have also been very off & on}}. And who have both been clearly out-dueled by Griffin.

A bit off-topic: It's a little sad to me that Foster is ahead of Peterson in overall votes. Don't get me wrong, leading the NFL in touchdowns is great and all but Peterson should be running away with it. I hope it's just because more fans of AFC teams vote, skipping the NFC.

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest as we all know and means little. Which, for us, has meant none of our players get in. But Robert is ridiculously popular, so I'd actually be surprised he doesn't get in.

We'll just have to see how popular he is.

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest as we all know and means little. Which, for us, has meant none of our players get in. But Robert is ridiculously popular, so I'd actually be surprised he doesn't get in.

We'll just have to see how popular he is.

It's not COMPLETELY a popularity contest. It's only 1/3 popularity (fan vote). That being said RG3 is both popular and one of the best at his position so he's prob gunna go.

I think Romo sits to pee has had a better year than Brees. His team still has a good shot at playoffs.

NFC QBs

1) Rodgers

2) Ryan

3) RG3

Roethlisberger has played well when healthy, but he's been out for a while and his team is in danger of missing the playoffs. If they lose to Cincy on Sunday, I think that eliminates them.

AFC QBs

1) Brady

2) Manning

3) Schaub

Schaub doesn't get enough credit. He is quietly on pace for another 4,000 yard season and has 22 TDs vs 10 turnovers en route to possibly the best record in the NFL. From 2008 - today his ypg is 272.

For the record, three QBs from each conference get in the ProBowl. Both Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III are the no-brainer-picks as they are fighting it out for the best QB rating in the NFL. Matt Ryan is the easy but distant third choice. All three are having a great year, with great stats, as well as carrying their teams to a division title with a playoff birth. Drew Brees is the obvious odd man out here, especially as he has been badly out-dueled by Matt Ryan within his own division in every aspect of the game, ie individual stats, team's win-losses, playoff-wise (it's a clean sweep). In comparison, Brees has been very on&off this year, especially early on in the season when Griffin out-played him in his first game ever as a rookie. I personally would wonder what better case does Drew Brees have to make the ProBowl than either Eli Manning or Tony Romo sits to pee? Who have both had a solid but not exceptional year {{Edit - and have also been very off & on}}. And who have both been clearly out-dueled by Griffin.

The stats are closer than you think

QB CMP ATT % YDS Y/A LNG TD INT SACK RATE YD/G

Matt Ryan, 369 539 68.5 4,202 7.80 80 27 14 25 97.5 300

Drew Brees 356 574 62.0 4,335 7.55 80 36 18 24 93.1 310

Tony Romo sits to pee 379 568 66.7 4,269 7.52 85 22 16 32 90.2 305

Eli Manning 294 487 60.4 3,590 7.37 80 20 15 15 84.0 256

In terms of TD passes Brees would be the clear leader (he leads the NFL with 36)

He could very well throw for 5k yards and 40+ TDs, yes his picks are relatively high(18), but thats only two more than Romo sits to pee (16) and 3 more than Eli Manning(15)

Alot of his picks have come because the Saints falls behind and there is more pressure to score.

He did have a few bad games and a horrendous game ( 5 picks) against Atlanta, but so did Ryan but his defense bailed him out.

If Griffin had the game that Brees did against the Skins (340 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs, one of which came at the end of the game when they trailing), and the Saints hung up 40, would you say it was Griffin's fault the Skins lost?

A bit off-topic: It's a little sad to me that Foster is ahead of Peterson in overall votes. Don't get me wrong, leading the NFL in touchdowns is great and all but Peterson should be running away with it. I hope it's just because more fans of AFC teams vote, skipping the NFC.

People just vote for names. For example, Troy Polamalu is leading most safeties in Pro Bowl fan votes even though he's only played 5 games. No way in hell should Foster be leading AP with his 3.something yards per carry. He has those yards and TDs by pure volume of carries, unlike Peterson who has tied the NFL record at the moment with 6.3 YPC.That's what you get with uneducated fans lol

There is no question that Griffin has had a great season and is worthy of going. I just won't be shocked if the players and coaches lean more towards the vets. That's how the Pro Bowl works sometimes. Guys make it a year later than they should and there are others who make it a year longer than they should.

There is no question that Griffin has had a great season and is worthy of going. I just won't be shocked if the players and coaches lean more towards the vets. That's how the Pro Bowl works sometimes. Guys make it a year later than they should and there are others who make it a year longer than they should.

I agree with your choices of Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, but Drew Brees stands out badly as not belonging and simply is not going to the ProBowl this year. And I just can't walk away from that, I think the Drew Brees crowd is 'off their rocker'. If you think it is going to go more "towards the vets" as you say, (and I agree that sometimes happens) then Tony Romo sits to pee & Eli Manning have at least as good of a case, probably better, to make the ProBowl this year as Drew Brees and better records to show for it, and do not lead the league in interceptions (I personally don't think they deserve it this year either though). But Romo sits to pee, Eli, & Brees have all been notoriously spotty, streaky, fluky this year. Whatever you want to call it - but terribly inconsistent.

While I agree many players have benefited in the past from being a vet when things are close or in so-so years, I would point out, that Cam Newton made the ProBowl last year as a rookie and with a losing record (as an alternate). Robert Griffin III has blown Cam Newton's season away, has a winning record, and as of ProBowl voting deadlinge had won the division for his team. That's from last place in the division to division winner, which no other QB in the entire NFL has done. Any vet who did that would get major props and looks, but a rookie doing it, is historical. I would also note that the two other ProBowlers canidates that you & I agree upon, Aaron Rodgers & Matt Ryan, also are division winners. I think this will make it a lot easier for people to justify voting a rookie QB in the ProBowl. Which you are right in that, rookie QBs making the ProBowl is a true rarity and elite distinction. I would point out too, that the ProBowl can favor winning players from winning teams. And Drew Brees' losing season would play hard against him.

But you simply have to do better than the Drew Brees selection in a year like. Robert Griffin III WILL NOT be passed up for Drew Brees. Maybe someone else, but not Drew Brees. That would be a laughingstock.

But I guess we will find out shortly.

I agree with your choices of Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan, but Drew Brees stands out badly as not belonging and simply is not going to the ProBowl this year. And I just can't walk away from that, I think the Drew Brees crowd is 'off their rocker'. If you think it is going to go more "towards the vets" as you say, (and I agree that sometimes happens) then Tony Romo sits to pee & Eli Manning have at least as good of a case, probably better, to make the ProBowl this year as Drew Brees and better records to show for it, and do not lead the league in interceptions (I personally don't think they deserve it this year either though). But Romo sits to pee, Eli, & Brees have all been notoriously spotty, streaky, fluky this year. Whatever you want to call it - but terribly inconsistent.

While I agree many players have benefited in the past from being a vet when things are close or in so-so years, I would point out, that Cam Newton made the ProBowl last year as a rookie and with a losing record (as an alternate). Robert Griffin III has blown Cam Newton's season away, has a winning record, and as of ProBowl voting deadlinge had won the division for his team. That's from last place in the division to division winner, which no other QB in the entire NFL has done. Any vet who did that would get major props and looks, but a rookie doing it, is historical. I would also note that the two other ProBowlers canidates that you & I agree upon, Aaron Rodgers & Matt Ryan, also are division winners. I think this will make it a lot easier for people to justify voting a rookie QB in the ProBowl. Which you are right in that, rookie QBs making the ProBowl is a true rarity and elite distinction. I would point out too, that the ProBowl can favor winning players from winning teams. And Drew Brees' losing season would play hard against him.

But you simply have to do better than the Drew Brees selection in a year like. Robert Griffin III WILL NOT be passed up for Drew Brees. Maybe someone else, but not Drew Brees. That would be a laughingstock.

But I guess we will find out shortly.

check the redskins pro bowl selections thread. somebody posted a post from twtter saying RG3 has made it to pro bowl

check the redskins pro bowl selections thread. somebody posted a post from twtter saying RG3 has made it to pro bowl

I have not seen an official release. But I did anticipate Robert Griffin III making the ProBowl in post #35 on Dec 21.

So that would be awesome to see. I would like to see if Griffin can get the starter/All-Pro designation. I think he deserves it, but it might be a lot to ask in his rookie year. I do believe only Aaron Rodgers can rightly contest him for that, and if they gave it to Rodgers I would have no problem with that, as it is close. I would roll my eyes if Matt Ryan go the starter/All-Pro slot.

For those interested...

QB Rankings (according to ESPN)

Numbers are the QBs ranking 1-32 in the main catagories of QuarterBack Rating, Pass Completion Percentage, Yards per Attempt, and added together and averaged. See key below for more. Note: Griffin, Rodgers, and Ryan are in the top 6 in all three categories.

Example: in QB rating, Rodgers is rated #1, Griffin is rated#2, Ryan is ranked #5.

QBR - % - Y/A - TOT . PLAYER

. 1st . 2nd . 3rd . 4rth . 5th (row # for key reference below)

----------------------------------------------

. 02 - 05 - 01 = 2.6 Robert Griffin

. 01 - 04 - 06 = 3.6 Aaron Rodgers

. 05 - 02 - 05 = 4.0 Matt Ryan

. 07 - 09 - 07 = 7.6 Russell Wilson

. 10 - 06 - 07 = 7.6 Tony Romo sits to pee

. 09 - 12 - 09 = 10. Drew Brees

. 17 - 21 - 14l= 17. Eli Manning

Worth noting is that, this is not just for the NFC, this is for the entire NFL. And it should be noted that Robert Griffin has a better QB rating than both Peyton Manning & Tom Brady. Who are locks to make the ProBowl this year.

. . . Key. . .

=======================================

1rst row = QBR= QuarterBack Rating

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

2nd row = % = Completion Percentage

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

3rd row = Y/A = Yards per pass attempt

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/yardsPerPassAttempt

4rth row = TOT = Total, an average of all three (added together & divided by three, lower is better)

5th row = PLAYER = name of player

Archived