Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Today's game plan

mjames

I am really interested in today's game plan. First thought for everyone is probably to run the ball but I expect Cleveland to stack the box, blitz and try to shut down Morris. I love Morris but it is obvious that RGIII opens holes and keeps the defense honest giving our RB some nice holes. So we have got to mix it up but keep him involved. It will not surprise me if we see Cousins follow some of the same scheme as RGIII and do some roll out runs and throws. My concern is will it still work with a 40 around 4.9 and them buying RGIII's brilliant fake hand offs. Either way, I would like to see some screen plays incorporated that may catch the blitz off guard and a deep ball early if they choose to stack. Draw them in with some quick slants to Garcon and Moss Early, then bombs away. Then it is time for Almo to step in and get some half back tosses left and right. If we go vanilla, we will be in trouble. We need to continue to be sensibly aggressive, our offense is what has gotten us to this point. Bombs away Captain Kirk! One thing is for sure for any of this to happen, the o line will have to be good. We will find out today if they are truly improved or it was just RGIII. Skins by 10

The Browns better play Kirk Cousins straight up. This stacking the box nonsense is funny. Kirk has a hose of an arm and is no slouch at reading defenses. He does have a tendency to stare down receivers but if he recognizes one on one down field the ball is getting launched. He's going to give us a chance to win this game and I'm kinda shocked at how many people think the Browns are good on defense. They're not despite popular belief.

If we execute our individual assignments out there, we'll win this game going away. We ARE the better team, plain and simple. The Browns are NOT the Ravens, Giants, Eagles, or even the Cowboys on defense...much less on offense. We must dominate this team and come home victorious.

I think Kyle will come out aggressive as ever. I hope he doesn't abandon the run game but I don't see Kyle dialing down his aggressiveness for Captain Kirk.

Yep, Yep... That's what im thinking. Just when you think they will be predictable, they won't.

Lets go 12! Big game today!

Cleveland said themselves they did not prepare for Cousins, this kid can run and throw very accurate on the run. He will bomb you in a heart beat and his bomb will be right in stride with his receivers. He's had a week to work with the 1st team, get the speed and timing down and today I believe we see another one of our diamonds shine bright!

The game plan is the same...stretch runs and play action. It doesn't matter which qb is playing because those are the staples of this offense not the read option. Yeah, the Redskins gash teams for big plays with it every once in a while with the option, but we usually have a slow and steady dose of traditional plays. These defenses were trying to stop a play that's less than 20 percent of our offense.

The Browns better play Kirk Cousins straight up. This stacking the box nonsense is funny. Kirk has a hose of an arm and is no slouch at reading defenses. He does have a tendency to stare down receivers but if he recognizes one on one down field the ball is getting launched. He's going to give us a chance to win this game and I'm kinda shocked at how many people think the Browns are good on defense. They're not despite popular belief.

If we execute our individual assignments out there, we'll win this game going away. We ARE the better team, plain and simple. The Browns are NOT the Ravens, Giants, Eagles, or even the Cowboys on defense...much less on offense. We must dominate this team and come home victorious.

Bravo and Amen!!! And you are right about him airing it out. When he see's 1 of our receivers open, and he will, that ball will sail 40-50 yards in the air and on target.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Josh Morgan get about 5-10 snaps at QB with a zone read/run pass option. I've been thinking about that for a couple of days.

Other than that, AlMo is going to get some touches and we'll have to take advantage of the deep ball when it's there. Get out of this game quickly.

1) Control the clock, extend drives, field position

2) Limit turnovers

3) attack Weedon until he earns the right not to be attacked

4) don't play scared on either side of the ball

I am hoping stacking the box is a mistake also. If our o line holds up, I agree that he should be able to do well. Is RGIII or Rex the #2 qb today? I can not find anything on that. Some articles say RGIII will not play, others say he won't start. Still say skins by 10 in a close one that they pull away at the end of the game.

This might be a crazy thought, but does anyone know if AM can throw the ball at all? Maybe an early run with a pass option or a flea-flicker to loosen up the D will be in the plans. Santana Moss has trhown the ball in the past off a reverse.....just thinking.

Cousins is a smart player. I'm confident he will play well. This is a game we need our Defense to win. Don't forget, they have a rookie QB, too.

skins by 10 is rediculous. We will be lucky to pull it out with kirk. I dont like the matchup with their 2ndary. Also a chance of rain in cleveland to, which means kirk might struggle even more throwing the ball.
or might mean their secondary slips down after a moves put on them by our receivers.

Actually, NOT having a hose is what had him dropping to the 4th round. He isn't very accurate outside of 15 yards. He is more of a Christian Ponder type QB than anything. I'm very nervous about this game. The defense and special teams will have to step up.

I say stick w/ the season's game plan. Run the rock and force them I crowd the box. That's when we go over their heads w/ the bomb or P/A. Stay on schedule. But if RGIII isn't playing then that means the OL must play w/ their heads. That means bu humbled snaps and Paulsen can't be a false start waiting ro happen.

I hope we can run in a traditional sense. How we run will speak volumes about the importance of RG3 and his read option style. That said, given the circumstances, I wonder what kind of leash Cousins will have. If we are down say 14 points at half-time, will Shanahan put in Rex Grossman AKA The Sex Cannon AKA The Original RG3?

I think Kirk is more than capable of leading this team to a victory today. Up until now, he's had to come in for relief on a moment's notice; however, this time, he's had a whole week to prepare and take first team snaps. I think if Cleveland underestimates him they're going to regret it. I'm not taking Cleveland lightly at all, but I think we are the better team. Just can't beat ourselves today. It goes back to the basics....take care of the ball and keep the penalties to minimum. We do this and we should come out on the winning side today.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!:logo:

:brownsuck

I suspect the gameplan will be similar to the last season's gameplan's with Rex.

I-Form-strech zone, inside zone, stretch toss + PA and bootleg

Single Back ACE-strecht zone, inside zone, stretch toss + PA and bootleg

Single Back Bunch & 3 Wide-3 step/5 step drop passing featuring Square Ins and Crossing/Drag routes

Shotgun 2x2, 3x1- quick passing game featuring Square Ins and Crossing/Drag routes

I think Paulsen and Paul are gonna be critical in the passing game: PA Seam Routes/Crossing routes, TE screens

Kirk is gonna be fine. The OL this year is no worse then the OL last year and that OL was good enough to field a good running game when Kyle chose to run it and a good passing game despite below average WRs. Our WRs are much better then they were last and the running is either just as good or better.

Just think of last years offense and replace Rex with Cousins. I think we will see some Pistol but defense will play it differently and I doubt we'll see true read option plays with Cousin's running the ball....But then again the Browns might not expect it either like the Ravens and the QB draw.

Personally I would start the game in Pistol with a designed QB that looks like zone read but is a designed QB run all the way.

I'm a huge fan of Cousins but to think that the skins will win is a stretch. Lets all focus on what really matters for this game and don't get me wrong, Cousins and the offense is important. But I don't see anyone talking about the Defense. if the skins can't hold the browns to under 16 points there isn't much of a chance. Under 20 for sure. 16 to be safe. The defense is all that matters in this game.

skins by 10 is rediculous. We will be lucky to pull it out with kirk. I dont like the matchup with their 2ndary. Also a chance of rain in cleveland to, which means kirk might struggle even more throwing the ball.

Kirk is from Michigan and has played in horrible weather, he will be fine, just don't expect a masterful performance. I am much more worried about our stout defense

Well, we run the power running game, stretch game and counter game as good as the best of them. Plus our play action off the running game. Cousins can run that with no problem. The only package we are limited in is the option and we wont even run that today probably cause they know Cousins doesn't have the speed to pull it off, so that takes out one option automatically so they play run.

It will probably be a close game, but I could also see us putting up points. It really is going to come down to our defense and if the WRs catch balls and limit drops this week. They have got to help Cousins out.

Archived