Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Browns predictions: To Rob, or not to Rob?

DC9

RG III led team -- Redskins 24 Browns 21

Cousins led team Browns 24 Redskins 17

---------- Post added December-14th-2012 at 09:56 AM ----------

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it'll be an easy go by any means, but some of you are giving the Browns way to much credit. They're not as bad as they've been in years past, but we're farther ahead of them.

I see a 27-14/17 type game going in our favor.

We got IMO a much better QB. But they got a better defense with a pass rush -- ranked 7th in sacks, and one of the best corners in the league. Their skilled players: Richardson, Gordon, Benjamin, Little IMO can keep up with ours. That's why IMO its key for RG III to play. 2 of the three people that picked this game on NFL AM picked the Browns and they all think that RG III is playing.

I expect a dog fight either way (ie: RGIII or Cousins).. It's impossible to ignore the progress this team has made over the last month, but Im still gun shy when it comes to thinking they'll definitely take care of business.. But that's what needs to be done! Show up and play smart and hard for the full 60 minutes and the better team should win the game.. HAIL!! :point2sky

One thing I've noticed on ESPN and NFLN. They are constantly coming up with scenerios for the Giants and Cowboys on how they can win the NFC East. No mention of us and how we can win it. I like it. Keep doubting us.

Yeah, me too. But you know why? imo, deep down they know we will win NFCE, so they didn't mention us :)

Knock on wood....HTTR.

One thing I've noticed on ESPN and NFLN. They are constantly coming up with scenerios for the Giants and Cowboys on how they can win the NFC East. No mention of us and how we can win it. I like it. Keep doubting us.

Haven't been watching ESPN much but have watched a lot of NFLN, I find it mix of Giants and Skins, very little Cowboys

Yeah, me too. But you know why? imo, deep down they know we will win NFCE, so they didn't mention us :)

Knock on wood....HTTR.

Probably b/c they are worried about squeezing the last bit of interest out of the Dallas market. They have to play the Steelers and Saints back-to-back. BRUTAL.

I don't see how you guys have the browns scoring 25+ on the skins.. I just don't see it happening.

2 of the 3 teams in their win streak were the raiders and chiefs for frak's sake.... who just happen to be the 2 most terrible teams in the league.

I see the skins running away with this one , 28-13.

No way in hell weedster and the brownies can keep up scoring with this offense.. their only hope is the o turns in a stinker like the panthers game.

I don't see how you guys have the browns scoring 25+ on the skins.. I just don't see it happening.

2 of the 3 teams in their win streak were the raiders and chiefs for frak's sake.... who just happen to be the 2 most terrible teams in the league.

I see the skins running away with this one , 28-13.

No way in hell weedster and the brownies can keep up scoring with this offense.. their only hope is the o turns in a stinker like the panthers game.

I agree with you. My prediction was that they score 17. I honestly think this team learned a lot from the loss to Carolina and, even if RG3 cant' go, have too much pride to let that happen again. Actually, if RG3 isn't in there they may come out and show the same level of passion the Rams played with against us (but clean, not dirty). This ain't the same old Skins.

I have seen quite a few people giving the browns WAY too much credit for having this "devastating" defense. I must have fallen asleep for a decade and missed that. The Browns ARE NOT a good team. I'm not 100% convinced that the Redskins are either, but I think with or without RG3, they are still better than the Browns. Now, in a year or 2, the Browns may actually be formidable. But make no mistake, our win streak > their win streak, though I'm not sure either are as impressive as the numbers suggest.

I agree with you. My prediction was that they score 17. I honestly think this team learned a lot from the loss to Carolina and, even if RG3 cant' go, have too much pride to let that happen again. Actually, if RG3 isn't in there they may come out and show the same level of passion the Rams played with against us (but clean, not dirty). This ain't the same old Skins.

I was thinking the exact same thing, I think after that carolina game the skins turned a corner, and I don't see them repeating that mistake again.

they came out of that game fired up, and I think we may be in for RG3's best game of the season.. just my opinion :)

I have seen quite a few people giving the browns WAY too much credit for having this "devastating" defense. I must have fallen asleep for a decade and missed that. The Browns ARE NOT a good team. I'm not 100% convinced that the Redskins are either, but I think with or without RG3, they are still better than the Browns. Now, in a year or 2, the Browns may actually be formidable. But make no mistake, our win streak > their win streak, though I'm not sure either are as impressive as the numbers suggest.

I mentioned this before, but I am glad to see it happening to be perfectly honest. This is the way Joe Gibbs wanted our organization to think about every team, every game. Let's hope Shanny is treating it the same way!

browns: win vs, stillerz (7-6) , raiders (3-10) and chiefs. (2-11)

Skins: win vs eagles, (4-10) cowgirls (7-6) , giants (8-5), ravens. (9-4)

Tough call as to which win streak is more impressive :)

browns: win vs, stillerz (7-6) , raiders (3-10) and chiefs. (2-11)

Skins: win vs eagles, (4-10) cowgirls (7-6) , giants (8-5), ravens. (9-4)

Tough call as to which win streak is more impressive :)

Numbers don't tell the full story. But we're saying the same thing. Our streak is more impressive, though if you consider all the facts, the only team on either streak that I think is actually a quality team is the Giants.

This game worried me at the beginning of the year, but now this team is rolling and won't let the Browns do what past Redskins teams have allowed.

This team is confident and will win with or without RG3 this week.

I think he plays anyways.

Skins win 27-17

I was thinking the exact same thing, I think after that carolina game the skins turned a corner, and I don't see them repeating that mistake again.

they came out of that game fired up, and I think we may be in for RG3's best game of the season.. just my opinion :)

ahahaha it would be tough to be better than he was against dallas and philly. those two games he was nearly perfect :)

Numbers don't tell the full story. But we're saying the same thing. Our streak is more impressive, though if you consider all the facts, the only team on either streak that I think is actually a quality team is the Giants.

If by quality you mean on par with the packers, 49ers and patriots of the world, I'd agree with that.

but the others are no slouches, and they are certainly MUCH better competition than the raiders and chiefs of the league... and baltimore is borderline top tier, they didn't get to 9-3 on accident.

we're talking about a w/l differential of teams the browns beat 12-27, vs teams the skins beat 28-25.

pretty significant difference between the quality of the two sets.

If by quality you mean on par with the packers, 49ers and patriots of the world, I'd agree with that.

but the others are no slouches, and they are certainly MUCH better competition than the raiders and chiefs of the league... and baltimore is borderline top tier, they didn't get to 9-3 on accident.

Agreed. And that's the point. The Browns are getting WAY WAY WAY too much credit on here and in the national media for beating some awful teams. The Steelers aren't good this year WITH Ben, let alone without him. And they barely beat them after the Steelers literally giving them the game. And that's their best win of the season. Point is, the Browns are a terrible team this year. They have what looks to be a few core key young players that could make them decent in the future, but this is not the year, and Weeden is awful. If the Skins lose this game, they shouldn't be in the playoffs, point blank.

Archived