Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff / Palyoff tickets??

MarkB452

Any word on how this is going to work this year? In the past, STHs have had to put the money up front for 2 potential home games and the money for any unplayed games would be credited to the STH account the following year (allowing Snyder to use everybody's money for several months interest free). If you wanted to get your money back ASAP, you had to cancel your season tickets.

I am hoping with the advancements in the internet, that it will now be possible to buy games as needed and print the tickets at home. I bought some Nationals tickets for the NLCS and this was how they did it. BTW, they refunded my money about 1 month later minus about $2 in fees.

Mark - that was true pre-Gibbs, but if you remember, the team did not collect money from us after Gibbs got here. They certainly had the opporunity, but Gibbs thought it would bring bad luck. So they kept quiet, and as it turned out, of course, we didn't get a game at home.

But who knows how the team will handle it with Gibbs gone.

Any word on how this is going to work this year? In the past, STHs have had to put the money up front for 2 potential home games and the money for any unplayed games would be credited to the STH account the following year (allowing Snyder to use everybody's money for several months interest free). If you wanted to get your money back ASAP, you had to cancel your season tickets.

I am hoping with the advancements in the internet, that it will now be possible to buy games as needed and print the tickets at home. I bought some Nationals tickets for the NLCS and this was how they did it. BTW, they refunded my money about 1 month later minus about $2 in fees.

In fairness I remember a WaPa Op-Ed about the same paloff ticket policy in the early 90s when Cooke still owned the team. They took full payment for two home games in November but didn't return the money till March or so. (They did the same thing for people who lost the Super Bowl ticket lottery too).

great questions... being the holiday season (and the fact that a lot of us have never been to a home playoff game before/had to pay for the tickets ourselves because they were our parents tix) I think this is an outstanding question to ask.

I have a couple as well, if Mark or any of you have the answer I'd appreciate it.

1) Are paloff tix more expensive than the price of our seat for each game?

2) Would we be able to ask for... say four tix for a home paloff game if we only have 2 seats that we are STH's for?

1) Are paloff tix more expensive than the price of our seat for each game?

2) Would we be able to ask for... say four tix for a home paloff game if we only have 2 seats that we are STH's for?

1. No not for ST holders, but will probably be on the after market

2. No, you will only be allowed to buy the same # of seats you have as a ST holder I believe, thats the way it was in 1999 anyway

Ya know, I've been an ES member for awhile, and evidently I've missed something.

Maybe someone could PM me and let me know what the deal is with' paloffs' and where did this terminology/play on words come from.

Basically, Some tard thought it would be cute to misspell it during the 2005 season when we were trying to make the playoffs (forgot who) and the other tards decided to run with it

Basically, Some tard thought it would be cute to misspell it during the 2005 season when we were trying to make the playoffs (forgot who) and the other tards decided to run with it

Tard? Come on DButz!?!

Thanks for the info on the tix. You probably saved me an hour or so on the phone ; )

1. No not for ST holders, but will probably be on the after market

This is not quite what I remember... on the other hand, I had clubs so maybe it was different.

As some of you veterans might remember, the old club tickets had a price printed on them. The price was something like $60.00 as I remember. Of course, club season tix were a lot more than that, but that was the price printed on the ticket, for whatever reason. It might have had something to do with the county entertainment tax (they tax the entertainment value of the tickets, not the luxury value, and back then, the team paid the tax). When the team sent out playoff invoices in '97 or '98, we in the club were only invoiced for the $70 per ticket for the first game, and $80 per ticket for the second game. So I sent in $350 including parking.

My point is, the price was more that that printed on the ticket, and still more for the second game.

Of course, there were no games that year. But the precedent for pricing had been set.

Next comes '99, and Snyder was in charge. But now, the team wanted one-tenth of my club invoice for each of the games. Instead of paying what had been the printed price, now I had to pay a fifth of my club season ticket invoice, and I had to do this before Christmas.

Really?

I was pretty pissed off. My dislike for Snyder started at that moment.

Wow... thanks MTH.

So simple math-wise... if my overall invoice is $2k, I owe the Redskins $400 before Xmas? And this covers both games (if more than one is possible)?

And then, if we don't make it, we get the money credited to us for next year or we get it back a couple of months down the road?

EDIT: Sorry, I thought I had read one-fifth, I just re-read and you had written one-tenth... so it would be $200 correct?

For my GA upper level seats, I believe I paid the face value plus the tax. But then I'm stretching my memory ..... :-)

For those who are/may complain about Snyder/Skins holding onto the money and crediting it towards next season's tickets, this is very common among all major sports. It's not just a Snyder thing. Despite the internet, crediting the cost back to STHs DOES cost money in terms of interchange access fees with the credit card processing companies and labor costs. It's not as simple as you may believe.

In 1991 my STs were $35 face per regular season game, and $45 face for post season.

THe divisional playoff game against Atl. and then the NFCCG against Detroit were the same price.

I've read on other boards where the teams charged more for the conference championship game than the wild card or division round, which makes sense to me.

You are telling me season ticket holders can buy up all 85,000+ tickets?

You can buy playoff tickets on Stubhub, Ebay, Craiglist. The procedure won't differ from any other NFL game, be it preseason or the Superbowl.

The team will not likely offer individual ticket sales to non STHs the way they do in the regular season.

Edit: HOF clarifies for you ejay.

You can buy playoff tickets on Stubhub, Ebay, Craiglist. The procedure won't differ from any other NFL game, be it preseason or the Superbowl.

Except for the prices. If the Ravens and Cowboys games are any indication a playoff ticket could be an expensive proposition. Now lets just pray we get a home game!

Archived