Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoff / Palyoff tickets??

MarkB452

Basically, Some tard thought it would be cute to misspell it during the 2005 season when we were trying to make the playoffs (forgot who) and the other tards decided to run with it

Appreciate the info sir; I figured it might be something like that but wasn't sure if my 5th grade teacher was lying to me..lol..

BTW; the word 'tard'; is that short for leotard? :silly:

You are telling me season ticket holders can buy up all 85,000+ tickets?

Okay...

I believe the capacity is around 82,000 or so now... but anyways....

What happened last time is that invoices were sent out, and those STHs that didn't buy left left-over tickets under the team's control, of course. So the team then offered them to the public. I don't remember the fine details, but that's the gist of it...

How they do it now, nobody can be sure..

Okay...

What happened last time is that invoices were sent out, and those STHs that didn't buy left left-over tickets under the team's control, of course. So the team then offered them to the public. I don't remember the fine details, but that's the gist of it...

Okay. Thanks everyone for the info. If the Skins have a home playoff game, I dont care where I sit, I want to be there.

What happened last time is that invoices were sent out, and those STHs that didn't buy left left-over tickets under the team's control, of course. So the team then offered them to the public. I don't remember the fine details, but that's the gist of it...QUOTE]

If gets ins, upper uppers, were running almost $200 for the Ravens game then I'm guessing that 1st round playoff tickets @ Fedex will run around $300. Maybe a little more. Season ticket holders would be smart to exercise their right to purchase playoff tickets, whether they actually go to the game or not.

Mark, I know you usually buy regular season tickets on the aftermarket...do you also have season tickets?

Well yeah, they all have first right to their seats. And all seats are season tickets.

>> Yes, but in 1999 people on the wait list were given first dibs on the tickets that the STHs did not buy. I had put the kids of a friend of mine on the wait list and he was able to buy a pair of playoff tickets for the Lions game in his (at the time - 5 years old) daughter's name. He had to go to the stadium and wait in line to buy them. Not sure if they will do this again, but if you are not on the wait list already, it might be worth getting on.

BTW, my brother and I each bought a pair to the first round game of the playoffs in 1982 vs. the Lions at RFK. We had to wait in line outside the RFK ticket office to buy tickets.

As for pricing, Round 1/2 tickets cost more than the regular season (maybe 10-15%) and the NFC Championship costs another 10%-15%. I wonder why this is since preseason games cost the same as regular season games.

If you are a STH, you have first right of refusal on your seats.

Okay...

From this year's STH policies. "Account holder is obligated to purchase tickets and parking passes for any postseason games played by the Washington Redskins at FedExField in the same number and locations as were purchased for the regular season, at a price to be determined by the NFL."

Rex Grossman will be over to swipe your card or pick up your check.

He'd then drop the check and Ndamukong Suh would recover and return it for a touchdown. You'd end up with Lions tickets.

After looking through my ticket stub collection (more like organized hoarding) the 1999 playoff game ticket was $65. Regular season was $40. (Upper half of Section 418, taxes included.) I found a few teams postseason ticket info sheets on the nfl.com. The Bears' one has the regular season ticket price next to the prices for the divisional round and conference title games. It looks like the cheaper the ticket, the higher the percentage hike between regular season price and playoff game price. They also state due to the league's authorization that price structure is different for divisional round and wild card round, with the WC round being $18 less than the Div round for each pricing level. Bears fans also had to pay for tickets by last Friday, December 7th.

Check it out... the Redskins are required to do this. They have to have these things sold and out in the mail in time to make it work logistically. This is SOP for the league.

Based on what MTH was saying earlier in this thread, the Redskins have improved the process with the "Charge me when we win" payment... where you can reserve your tix, and within 48 hrs of us getting a home playoff game (provided that happens) your account is charged.

You can't get much better than that. I think this is a best case scenario.

I just bought my tickets, as well. Hopefully I will be able to use them.

Archived