Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Ravens overachieving paper tigers?

TheItalianStallion

I think they're a great team at home, where they're 5-1 this season. I think Flacco is really good QB at home too, his rating is over 100 there.

I think they're a little bit overachieving when away though. Flacco rates in the 70s while away, and it shows because they score something like an average of 30+ points at home but only 18 while on the road.

They give up less on the road, but the average offense they've faced on the road was 21st (compared to 15th when at home), but that's including Houston, who is 2nd in the country, and burned them for 43 points. We're a lot closer to Houston than KC or CLE, so we *should* be able to score. They're 4-2 on the road, but I don't think they're that good if you had them playing against average offenses.

If Flacco plays like he does normally while away, we should probably be very small favorites. If the 45 minute trip isn't enough to cause him to play poorly, then we're probably about even.

2) Them hating us for what reason we don't know

3) They gave us Billy Cundiff

LOL @ 3.

And I seriously don't get the "Maryland" rivalry, guys. What's up? Is it just their fanbase? I think the hate was probably initiated by some mediot.

I know us Cowboys fans don't hate the Texans (fans) for the most part. I think they hate us, like in a little brother syndrome sort of way. Probably the same goes for Baltimore? IDK.

LOL @ 3.

And I seriously don't get the "Maryland" rivalry, guys. What's up? Is it just their fanbase? I think the hate was probably initiated by some mediot.

I know us Cowboys fans don't hate the Texans (fans) for the most part. I think they hate us, like in a little brother syndrome sort of way. Probably the same goes for Baltimore? IDK.

It's absolutely their idiot fanbase.

I like how we match up against the Ravens are offensive is going to give the Ravens a fit, and Joe Flacco is no Eli Manning and we should be able to keep the Ravens running game in check although are run defese did not look that great vs New York. I like our chances in this one but you call me crazy I am very worried about the Browns game, Browns have a very good defense

If our pass D were mid-pack then yes, we'd undoubtedly be allowing more rushing yards (sounds silly doesn't it? One aspect of D improving will result in the other one getting statistically WORSE), and my guess is that our rushing yardage allowed would've been around 10th. But while our run D is overrated, I wouldn't call it "pedestrian" either.

I agree, and that's why I was using rushing yards per attempt rather than total yards to rate our defense compared to other teams. Our rush yards allowed per attempt is pedestrian.

Joe Flacco is simply impossible for me to gauge. He's been in the league for 4 years now and I still have absolutely no idea if he's good or not. I get a headache every time I watch a Ravens game because I can't figure it out.

Joe Flacco, to me, has always seemed like he was on the verge of the upper echelon of QBs... then he has a game or two where he reverts to what Skip Bayless calls "Joe Fluke-o". And I think that pretty much sums it up. He plays lights out, much like the first game of the season where he completes 21 of 29 passes 2 TDs and helps blow away the Bengals and you think "this is Flacco's coming out party." Then the next week he comes out, barely completes 50% of his passes, throws a pick and never gets his offense in the rhythm and makes the previous week look like a "fluke". And he pretty much continues this cycle all year long. The next week he completes 70% of his passes and outduels Brady in a great victory against the AFC champs, then the next week, though in a win, has a so-so game against the Browns. Then he gets even worse and has a terrible game against the Chiefs only leading his team to 9 points and you think, there's Fluke-o again. Then he comes out with a great game against Dallas but then gets trampled by Houston. He has a so-so game against Cleveland then completely blows away Oakland, and has since had a so-so game against Pit, a so-so game against SD with a miracle finish and a bad game against Pit. He is highly inconsistent and that's why "Joe Fluke-o" is fitting. He has a great game one week and then the next week or so has a game that makes you think what you saw before was a fluke. I hope we get "Fluke-o" this week.

Ray Rice and Torrey Smith are the 2 players that scare me most. Their defense creates the same amount of pass rush as we do (which is practically none) and they are worse against the run. It's really going to come down to special teams and who can be most efficient to punch it in the endzone. This is the most beatable Ravens team I've seen in years...hopefully we keep the same intensity and efficiency of the past 3 weeks.

Ravens should be 8-4...Rice NEVER got that 1st

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 01:00 AM ----------

Flacco is one of those QBs that can hit a wide open WR with a nice looking throw, which will make for a good highlight, but that in all honesty is something any starting NFL QB should be able to do.

I feel like Flacco is very overrated and more of above average QB

---------- Post added December-6th-2012 at 01:00 AM ----------

Flacco is one of those QBs that can hit a wide open WR with a nice looking throw, which will make for a good highlight, but that in all honesty is something any starting NFL QB should be able to do.

I feel like Flacco is very overrated and more of above average QB

their offense would be so much better if it werent for that idiot Cam Cameron

their defense is past it tho. They dont get much pressure on the QB and they have so many injuries.

Im confident our offense can score on them, but I am also confident their offense can score on us as well.

Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at as well. Hopefully Cameron waits until next week to start feeding Ray Rice more.

The Ravens are a pretty good team that is banged up on defense right now. I've been waiting for Ray Lewis, amazing as he has been, to get the hell out of the league for quite some time now so the Ravens defense could go ahead and not be good for once. With his injury and key injuries to others that time is now. We of course have just the same key injuries and losses to defensive players (though not on the level of losing one of the greatest linebackers of all time...he's still healthy-ish :D ) but if I'm going to pick an offense that is going to go off on Sunday, I wouldn't be inclined to think it would be the Ravens. They're good and anything can happen, especially considering our defense, but Almo and RG3 haven't really let us down yet and I doubt they're about to start. I'd like to see Morris over 100 yards again. I don't want this to be a high scoring affair, I'd rather watch us play ball control this time. As strange as it may seem, I feel this game could be a major defensive letdown week if we allow our secondary to stay out there all game. We need to control the clock, hit for some big gainers in the passing game when they stack the box, and grind out another tough win.

Flacco is wildly inconsistent from week to week, so it's a toss of the coin as to whether we face a high scoring offense or a mediocre one. The Ravens defense improved considerably after the first 6 games once they got Suggs back; without him they don't generate enough pressure up front. If he's not fit then our chances improve considerably.

LOL @ 3.

It goes both ways. When the Colts were here, there wasn't really a rivalry. They loved their team, we loved ours. Then when the Colts moved to Indy, they didn't have a team and though I can't begin to know what they thought, maybe they were bitter that not only did we still have a team in 1984, but we started winning Super Bowls. I'm also an Orioles fan. The Washington Senators left when I was 4 yrs old, but I never saw them play. My Mom was a diehard Senators fan. But DC never got a team back and I picked the next closest. Some DC fans waited until they got a new team and were rewarded for it in 2005. I think it's just a rivalry brought out because of the proximity of the cities and the history of not only the football teams, but the baseball teams as well. You can even throw in the fact that the Washington Bullets/Wizards were once the Baltimore Bullets after they moved from Chicago (Stags). So I root for all DC teams, except baseball. When the Senators left in 1972, and if MLB had have said, "we will get a major league team back to DC within 10 years", I might be a Nationals fan. But there was no timetable for that to happen and I picked a team that happened to be in Baltimore. We have bitter DC fans, just like they have bitter Baltimore fans. In your case, I think Dallass and Houston are too far apart to have that bitterness. DC and Baltimore are in each other's faces looking across the yard.

Archived