Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd: RG3 can't hold a candle to Andrew Luck

SanfordJay

Does it make me a "homer" if I think both RGIII and Wilson are outplaying Luck to this point?

No. It would just make you wrong.:)

You can make a case for both RG3 or Luck winning the ROY. But I'm not gonna put Wilson in that conversation just yet. Wilson has been fantastic. Especially the last month or so. But he's not getting any credit from me for beating the Packers. So when I grade him up against RG3 and Luck, he has one less TD pass, one more INT, one less win.

Does Cowherd watch the coaches film? If not, then his opinion is irrelevant. You cannot see a quarterbacks progression from a television angle. Period.

Throwing 50 times per game does not justify having that many turnovers. Check how many times Brady throws per game, Rodgers throws per game. Why the hell would we throw 50 times per game if we have the best rushin game in the NFL?

I don't see how these people are paid to write.

The problem is, some of the other analysts say the same thing, so he's taking his cues from them. I heard Tedy Bruschi say RG3 only makes one read on Cowherd's show one time. Cowherd thinks it, somebody up there backs him up, he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

I heard him make the argument before that Luck was better because the Colts gave him the entire playbook, implying that RG3 wasn't and I distinctly recall hearing RG3 say that he was given the entire playbook in camp as well. He sees this read option stuff and thinks that RG3 runs it because they're spoon feeding him the playbook.

I emailed his show (I wish I was on Twitter cuz that's all anybody pays attention to nowadays), telling him I'm convinced he doesn't watch the games. He sticks to his incorrect one read analysis and he thinks we have a pretty good defense.

Cowherd is the worst of the worst in sports entertainment.

He likes to create these little **** storms by taking extreme positions, uses borderline inflammatory language to make his case and then laughs all the way to the bank as upset fans drive traffic and generate calls.

It seems like a vast majority of people just listen to it so they can later say "did you hear what Cowherd said about so and so?".

**** that hack, not sure why yo bother to listen to him.

Cowherd is the worst of the worst in sports entertainment.

He likes to create these little **** storms by taking extreme positions, uses borderline inflammatory language to make his case and then laughs all the way to the bank as upset fans drive traffic and generate calls.

It seems like a vast majority of people just listen to it so they can later say "did you hear what Cowherd said about so and so?".

**** that hack, not sure why yo bother to listen to him.

He does that, but he's not stupid though. His philosophy is to never be middle of the road, make them love you or hate you. Personally, I think he's a dope, but he knows what he's doing. He went to the Skip Bayless school of saying crazy stuff cuz it gets people paying attention.

He does that, but he's not stupid though. His philosophy is to never be middle of the road, make them love you or hate you. Personally, I think he's a dope, but he knows what he's doing. He went to the Skip Bayless school of saying crazy stuff cuz it gets people paying attention.

Bayless is at least likable. Cowherd too often decides to make his Skip-isms about how stupid fans are, whereas Skip calls out athletes to get them to come onto his show for an argument. Making the show focus around the athletes themselves makes it equally engaging and less off-putting, wouldn't you say?

As shown by Gruden last night, RGIII goes through reads at the snap of the ball......Luck doesn't do that. Forget that punk.

HTTR 24/7 had the photographic evidence from the coaches tapes showing RG3 goes through his progressions like everyone else. The implication is that he can't do it, rather than he doesn't need to, but if you ask him to, he can and will. I mean, if a one read passing game is unstoppable, what's the problem?

The problem is, some of the other analysts say the same thing, so he's taking his cues from them. I heard Tedy Bruschi say RG3 only makes one read on Cowherd's show one time. Cowherd thinks it, somebody up there backs him up, he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

I heard him make the argument before that Luck was better because the Colts gave him the entire playbook, implying that RG3 wasn't and I distinctly recall hearing RG3 say that he was given the entire playbook in camp as well. He sees this read option stuff and thinks that RG3 runs it because they're spoon feeding him the playbook.

I emailed his show (I wish I was on Twitter cuz that's all anybody pays attention to nowadays), telling him I'm convinced he doesn't watch the games. He sticks to his incorrect one read analysis and he thinks we have a pretty good defense.

It's a stupid argument. As some have said, a lot of the throws RG3 is asked to make don't call for him to make a lot of progressions. The one last night to Garcon over the middle is a perfect example. RG3 is simply asked to fake it to Morris to draw up the LBs to the line of scrimmage and then hit Garcon (or whatever WR) in the spot over the middle they just vacated.

Cowherd and a lot of these guys clearly don't watch many Redskins games, or any games for that matter. That's why I don't really value anything they have to say.

Can anyone tell me why Mr Colin Cowherd flat out won't give the Redskins any credit for anything. I just heard him on NY ESPN.....all he could say was that RG3 can't hold a candle to Andrew Luck.

His reasoning is that RG3 always goes to his first read, while AL has the ability to progress thru all of his reads before making a decision. Supposedly, RG3 can't do that yet.

Also, AL is being asked to take the game onto his shoulders and win....example 50 attempts per game (a good way to justify 21 turnovers 16 ints/5 fumbles).

Just wondering......

The only argument to be made is that RG3 has a running game he can count on, and Luck really doesn't. But RG3 may throw it half as much, but he's also running it. I don't think anybody can make the argument RG3 doesn't take the game on his shoulders. They just do it in different ways.

Bayless is at least likable. Cowherd too often decides to make his Skip-isms about how stupid fans are, whereas Skip calls out athletes to get them to come onto his show for an argument. Making the show focus around the athletes themselves makes it equally engaging and less off-putting, wouldn't you say?

At least Skip Bayless gives us a lot of love as of late.

Skip and Suggs are must-see tv. At first I thought it was all an act. But I seriously think those two really hate each other. And yeah, Skip does often employ that strategy. He did it with Ochocinco, too. He was hardest of all on Owens. But Owens, to my knowledge, would never actually come and face him on tv.

So he only makes one read, so what?

If it were so easy, why isn't every other team doing the same thing? What, do they get bonus points for running a "real NFL offense"?

And who's to say what's real and what isn't? In the 1930s the forward passing game was considered foreign and unconventional too.

I heard Tedy Bruschi say RG3 only makes one read on Cowherd's show one time. Cowherd thinks it, somebody up there backs him up, he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

I'm trying to figure out why it would even matter how many progressions Griffin goes through. Whatever he's doing, he's doing so at a pace that is better than any other rookie QB (possibly ever). He's moving the offense, scoring points, and recently winning games. I believe he's going to second and third options (in fairness, I'm less qualified to make that statement than some of these analysts) but even if he's not, who cares? Isn't that the same as criticizing a great basketball player for not trying to drive and just consistenly drilling three-pointers? If you can do both, God bless you.

At least Skip Bayless gives us a lot of love as of late.

I'm riding high on Skip this football season, what with his love for Notre Dame and the Redskins! That said, I don't mind when he's negative about my teams either, because he's way more jovial and genial than guys like Rome or Cowherd. The silly nicknames and over-the top-gestures soften any criticisms he ever has. What gets annoying about Bayless is how repetitive he is, but that is fixed by only watching him once in a while.

RG3 is getting more attention because he's the amazing talent at the QB position that Washington fans have been starved for for so long and we can clearly see the difference he makes. Indy had ****ing Peyton Manning! Andrew Luck replacing Peyton Manning is a downgrade if anything (for right now; although, of course, we don't know if Andrew Luck in his prime will be better than Peyton in his).

Indy fans need to stop being bitter about the fact that there are other rookie QBs who are just as talented as Luck.

Skip and Suggs are must-see tv. At first I thought it was all an act. But I seriously think those two really hate each other. And yeah, Skip does often employ that strategy. He did it with Ochocinco, too. He was hardest of all on Owens. But Owens, to my knowledge, would never actually come and face him on tv.

I would love to see Skip vs Suggs after the Skins roll the Ravens on Sunday.

Archived