Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd: RG3 can't hold a candle to Andrew Luck

SanfordJay

If you listen to Cowherd much you quickly realize he is like the kid in school that was in constant need of attention. He will say anything to get a rise out of someone. He will also think of the most contrary position to take on an issue for the same purpose. :giantsuck::dallasuck:eaglesuck

That really was a great game. The fashion in which the Colts win this year is just very exciting football.
Yeah. I love watching all these rookie QBs play. Got to see Wilson's OT TD pass on Sunday, too.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 01:37 PM ----------

If you listen to Cowherd much you quickly realize he is like the kid in school that was in constant need of attention. He will say anything to get a rise out of someone. He will also think of the most contrary position to take on an issue for the same purpose. :giantsuck::dallasuck:eaglesuck
He and Bayless are a lot alike. Although Bayless does occasionally say something intelligent. Like today when he pointed out Griffin only having 2 fumbles, when he's constantly either handing off or faking on the read option on nearly every down.

And loss to the Jaguars

And loss to the Jets (35-9)

Just sayin...

We have lost to some sad teams too.. Not saying the Skins are better than your Colts.. just saying both teams have lost to poor teams and beat some good teams too.

My Colts? Whoa, whoa. I'm a Redskins fan, brother. Not everyone is a homer, though.

Does Cowherd watch the coaches film? If not, then his opinion is irrelevant. You cannot see a quarterbacks progression from a television angle. Period.

Throwing 50 times per game does not justify having that many turnovers. Check how many times Brady throws per game, Rodgers throws per game. Why the hell would we throw 50 times per game if we have the best rushin game in the NFL?

I don't see how these people are paid to write.

He would have to have the ability to understand what he was seeing if he was able to view the coaches film.They are both great young players and are probably the best fit for their particular team. Cowherd is really off the wall alot,probably by design.

I wish RGIII had Luck's easy schedule:

Browns, Chiefs, Lions, Bills, Jags 2x, Titans 2x

God he has played some stinkers. The fact that he has to throw it 50 times a game (per Cowturd) just shows how inefficient he is, ;) The problem is when Griffin proves Turd wrong, he will be long forgotten as a sports whatever the hell he is...

his team is 8-4 and he's had some nice come back wins.

i don't really care if this ass clown thinks RGIII can't hold a candle to Luck

2-14 or whatever didn't matter to me, that team won 10+ games 11 out of 12 years before Luck got there. Reggie Wayne, Colby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery and Vick Ballard is a pretty damn impressive group of talent to work with, especially for a rookie. The fact that media refuses to take the schedule into account when discussing Andrew Luck to me is pretty shocking. It's like they're purposefully ignoring the negatives to continue pimping him. John Clayton actually said he's having the greatest season ever for a rookie QB.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 01:48 PM ----------

He beat the Packers.

And lost to the Jets by 3 scores...

While Luck has more than justified why he was selected as the top pick in the draft, guys like Cowturd and Prisco suck the ***** of teams like the Patriots, Dal@ss, and the Vagiants. They don't give credit where it's due. **** him and who cares what he says. We really shouldn't tune in and repeat his garbage because it just gives him more notoriety.

Here is what Cowherd and others who are stuck in the cookie-cutter NFL perspective seem to give no credence to. Just like the passing game, the zone read option has multiple components that require instant decision making, as well as pre-snap planning. And in it, each player has a specific responsibility, but it is the QB's decision making and reading on the fly that makes sure the player with the best opportunity for yardage gets the ball. Oh, and there's also a passing element involved in order to make it a triple threat option. Not only does RG3 run this aspect very well, he understands how to put the team in the best position on each play, run or pass. How many QB's in the league can do that effectively? He also has a cannon of an arm that when need be he not only can beat you over the top deep, but he can slip the ball in wherever it needs to be in order to get completions. He beat the Eagles and Cowboys in a more traditional way with his arm, and he helped to grind out a win against the Giants using the pistol zone read quite a bit. As he has said in multiple interviews, the Redskins system is designed to take advantage of whatever you're going to give up. That's the beauty of what's possible for this offense, and what makes it more efficient and dangerous than Andrew Luck or whoever who just fling it around.

Archived