Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: NY Giants should realize Robert Griffin III and Washington now their top rival in NFC East, not Philadelphia Eagles or Dallas Cowboys

SkinsHokieFan

I used to respect the Giants as a hard nosed, blue colar team. They have sunk to the bottom of the sports world in my eyes. They are amongst the worst actors in sports.

And I guarantee you that if someone had faked an injury against the Giants to slow down a drive, Mara would have created a rule to penalize it.

Filip Bondy:

http://doingadvancework.blogspot.com/2010/01/media-still-eager-to-invent-racism.html

and why let the OBVIOUS (and still clueless about why we hate his teams owner) muss up a good cheap shot?

Awesome find there. I love when the internet sniffs out the truth like this.

---------- Post added November-30th-2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

Are you sure you are not confusing ****iness to confidence?

When a defensive lineman calls a player Bob instead of his given name, yeah I call it ****iness, and how did that pay out?

I agree, the thought police want to control everything.
Redskins isnt a "nickname". Its our team's NAME. Jackhole PC columnists.

I believe the Supreme Court threw the case out not because of a decision on the merits of whether the team's epithet is disparaging to Native Americans, but because they waited too long (25 years later) to bring the case to light. While I've been a Redskins fan for many years, the research I've done about our team's name makes me wonder if at some point in the 21st Century we shouldn't be asking ourselves whether we are indeed disrepectful of Native Americans by using the term "Redskins."

Yeah.... whatever. :rolleyes:

You aren't here to talk about the game. You are here to troll.

I don't think that's fair. He's been a pretty good poster, but he's up against a wall. He really has no way to justify what was done and so he prefers to minimize it.

Most of what he's written has been cool. It's just this issue that he has no ground to stand on and so he doesn't want to talk about it. For us, it's still a fresh wound. For us, it's a reason to villify the team he loves.

On the field, his team has been good, but inconsistent. Off the field, they are the lowest of cheating scum.

"resides instead near the Capital Beltway and bears a racist nickname that no respectful columnist should ever type"

Is this the type of crap we're going to have to put with up once this team becomes a force? I hate political correctness. Go REDSKINS!!!!

'White Guilt' at its finest. From more than 1 poll taken in regards to this subject, Native Americans OVERWHELMINGLY have no problem with the name "Redskins". Heck, many of them are fans specifically because we have a Native American mascot...

*EDIT* - I remember seeing 2 different polls taken of Native American thoughts of our teams name. While there were some Native Americans who disapproved (a couple of them vehemently), I seem to recall the overwhelming majority had no problem with it at all, and quite a few were PROUD of our team using that name.

You guys are the only ones that care about the cap thing... for right or wrong. Most don't see your owner as innocent either. As I said before penalty too excessive.

How would you feel if you couldn't afford to re-sign Kwantrell Bishop? That's how we feel... only $18 mil is about 3 pro bowl caliber players or 5 quality starters... imagine that?

I believe the Supreme Court threw the case out not because of a decision on the merits of whether the team's epithet is disparaging to Native Americans, but because they waited too long (25 years later) to bring the case to light. While I've been a Redskins fan for many years, the research I've done about our team's name makes me wonder if at some point in the 21st Century we shouldn't be asking ourselves whether we are indeed disrepectful of Native Americans by using the term "Redskins."

We aren't. You need to educate yourself, not about the team's name, but about the people that the name supposedly offends.

They couldn't care less about the team's name. You go to areas with a heavy population of Native Americans, and you see PLENTY of Redskins gear.

Sports Illustrated did a poll once of Native Americans, and they overwhelmingly said the name "Redskins" doesn't bother them. In fact, many have said they love the team's logo (the face of a proud, noble warrior (here ====> :logo: ).

The whining about this isn't coming from Native Americans. This is just a bunch of guilty white liberal PC bull****.

The Redskins should always be the Redskins. There is nothing wrong with the name.

"resides instead near the Capital Beltway and bears a racist nickname that no respectful columnist should ever type"

Is this the type of crap we're going to have to put with up once this team becomes a force? I hate political correctness. Go REDSKINS!!!!

Clearly New York has become more interested in what they can do to us off the field than on it. Says more about them than us.

You guys are the only ones that care about the cap thing... for right or wrong. Most don't see your owner as innocent either. As I said before penalty too excessive.

I'm curious. Why don't you see the Redskins owner as innocent?

Clearly New York has become more interested in what they can do to us off the field than on it.

I'm curious. Why don't you see the Redskins owner as innocent?

He knowingly played the rules in his favor even though the owners had agreed to do things a "CERTAIN" way. Now the collusion thing may bite Mara in the ass anyway so you guys may get your justice.

He knowingly played the rules in his favor even though the owners had agreed to do things a "CERTAIN" way. Now the collusion thing may bite Mara in the ass anyway so you guys may get your justice.
Your example about shooting 3's is invalid the NFL is a business and has to run legally. And COLLUSION is against the law shooting 3's in a basketball game even though you promised not too isn't against the law.

I love the name "Redskins" most likely because Im a die hard fan. But even if I wasnt, can we (America) please stop the whiney baby cries of "Its racist!" I mean, why is everyone so sensitive? who cares? Im Italian and if someone had their team named the Washington (insert Italian Slur here) it would not offend me at all. I just think so many people are sensitive in america now. This columnist cracks me up. Its a team name dude, seriously.

the National Football League approved all of those contracts. Same as they approved Kwantrell Bishop's contract. We did everything the "CORRECT" way.

sigh....what do you want me to say?

I think that right there is an admission from an honest yet pained fan. The Redskins did nothing against the rules. Had everything approved by the league. Afterwards, they invented a rule they couldn't even explain themselves to screw over two of their teams. Surprisingly, none of the teams... like the Bucs who are doing better than expected because they cleared off tons of cap room by going under the spirit of the salary floor were penalized. Really, only the Giant's main adversaries.

Slimey.

sigh....what do you want me to say?

It's a real simple question. Or at least it should be, considering the severity of the 'punishment'.

Shouldn't it?

I mean, you seem like a decent guy and you are clearly doing your best to temper your criticism of the Redskins, but even so, if you are going to come here and accuse the Redskins of wrongdoing, the LEAST you could do is provide just one decent reason for it.

Archived