Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: NY Giants should realize Robert Griffin III and Washington now their top rival in NFC East, not Philadelphia Eagles or Dallas Cowboys

SkinsHokieFan

I know he's making a silly joke.

I assume it was intentional.

:)

LOL. Yeah. All these conspiracy theories got me thinking. Maybe I'll write a book...

Anyone going to watch the turd bowl tonight? I really hope the Eagles lose again and again and ..

I've heard various takes on this, some stating that the white settlers were the first to do it, others that the indiginous Americans did it first; frankly I'm not sure what to believe. What's your take?

It first started in Eurasia around 500 B.C.Native Americans didn't get the idea from Europeans, but the practice did increase since their arrival.

Since both sides were doing it, the white settlers would also be considered red skins... if that were the reason, beginning, or perceived insult for the word redskin.

If your referring to 'scalping', then you've done zero research.

It was terrible to watch Plaschke parrot that garbage "research" (with not a shred of evidence anywhere) about the origin of the term. It's quite clear that it arose from a self-description that was then adopted by whites and others to describe the "race" of the various peoples here in the Americas. When I corrected him both via email and on the show's FB page, I basically saw no response from the man AND they deleted my post on the FB page. Goes to show you that a certain "narrative" is far more important than the facts.

Archived