Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Current Redskins Would Start for the Giants?

zoony

To those saying Locklear over Polumbus, until yesterday, I would have said he was having a decent season. I can't say the same for Locklear. I have see the Giants play all but maybe two games this year, Locklear is still the same bum that he was when he was here....

So the question is, does this team lack talent or do they lack "heart" or effort?

And does either option help Shanahan any?

I think the answers to all of those questions are clear. If you take the burgundy blinders off, that is

Honestly, I think we have decent talent. I think it is the coaches that are messing up.

Jim Haslett is running a defense that he barely knows how to run

Kyle is getting to cute with the play-calling

But more importantly, I think Mike Shanahan is letting both get away with it., He needs to take over on offense and he needs to bring in a D-Coordinator in who knows how to run a defense and stop hiring D-Coordinators he can control. It didn't work in Denver and it is not working here.

I know fans love him as a person but London fletcher shouldnt even be starting for us let alone giants or boys he is one of worse statistical mlbs this year an if you watch the games he misses way too many tackles and can't cover any TE's....Trent, morris and garcon are the only 3 on O. on D ryan, rak an coefild are the only guys I feel that can start for gmen or boys...

lol, where did I see this before? :pfft:

Alright... I'm not going to count the QB position, but other than that I'd say Fred Davis, Trent Williams, Will Montgomery, Alfred Morris (though he actually is A LOT like Bradshaw), Brian Orakpo at ROLB, Pierre Garcon (yes, I think he's an absolute beast and would start over Cruz on the outside, in reality Cruz would still be a starter since he'd be the guy in the slot), Cofield at DT (he'd probably be the starter there by now had he stayed). I want to say Ryan Kerrigan could probably start over their LOLB but I don't know who he is, lol. And maybe Bowen could take the other DT position.

That's about it as starters. However, we'd have a bunch of guys who'd EASILY make their team as second stringers in Ryan Kerrigan (if he doesn't start), London Fletcher, DHall, Josh Wilson, Hankerson, Robinson, Morgan, Carriker, Bowen, Riley and Chris Chester.

So, overall, I only see them being way better on their Dline, at CB and at Safety. Otherwise, I don't think it's that big of a drop off in talent. Unfortunately, CB and Safety are so far off that it has essentially destroyed any hope we have.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 06:43 PM ----------

So the question is, does this team lack talent or do they lack "heart" or effort?

I think the answers to all of those questions are clear. If you take the burgundy blinders off, that is

I think it really is as simple as lacking talent in the secondary. Not only lacking talent, but being totally awful there. I think if we have Meriweather and Jackson starting we wouldn't even have threads like this right now, but the unfortunate truth is we are so bad in the secondary it has destroyed everything. Teams can just pass at will against us and our offense has, in turn, went into desperation mode from essentially the start of games. That is a recipe for disaster.

All offseason and throughout training camp we were all saying our Secondary is going to be a major weakness. Cedric Griffin was playing incredibly bad (it's funny cuz now he seems like the least targeted guy on the field, lol) and we had no idea who would start at both Safety spots. Well, this time what we thought actually turned out to be true. We thought the front seven would mask a lot of that though, which was wrong, and when we lost Rak who is our best pass rusher, it was really over. And Haslett simply isn't good enough to overcome all of that.

I don't think there is much more to it, right now. I think Shanahan actually has improved this team in a big way. It's just unfortunate we couldn't really upgrade at DB because of the cap penalty. I believe our insiders said we were targeting a guy like Carr or something, right?

Less than 5 ...

RG III

Alfred Morris

Ryan Kerrigan

Brian Orapko

And, that is simply pathetic. How can we call ourselves a talented team, when we have less than half a dozen talented players other teams would want on their roster.

If we flip the question around, how many players from the NY Giants would we want I would say I would take the entire roster on defense, their O-line, and WRs.

Less than 5 ...

RG III

Alfred Morris

Ryan Kerrigan

Brian Orapko

And, that is simply pathetic. How can we call ourselves a talented team, when we have less than half a dozen talented players other teams would want on their roster.

If we flip the question around, how many players from the NY Giants would we want I would say I would take the entire roster on defense, their O-line, and WRs.

I would take all their receivers, their OLine except LT, and their entire defense except for OLB

That's what, 17 out of 22? That's awful

A little of column A, and a little of column B.

I think going into the season we thought we had the talent. Maybe we did. But we never really found out, because we'd lost 4 starters by the end of the 6th quarter of a 64 quarter season. We definitely lack the talent now.

The team played hard for another couple games, but the problem is, sooner or later the realization that we lacked the talent to play effectively crept into everyone's mind. I think that really drained our team spirits. And nothing has really changed over the past 6-7 games, the coaches seem to not have the solution, and the players just keep getting sent out there to get beat.

It might not improve things much, but I think it is definitely worth our while to come out of bye week with either Hall or Griffin at FS, giving Crawford more work, and move Jenkins inside to NT (try to get him to put on a few lbs over the 2 weeks) and Cofield outside. A new look might be just enough to jumpstart us to mediocrity.

On offense, getting Garcon back would be huge, but I'd also try and find a blocking RB out on the market. Heck, find an out of work OL who shed some weight, and bring him in as a blocking RB. Anybody but Royster basically. Not a lot can be done about RT, but giving RGIII another half second to throw with a new RB could make a difference. And as for the rest of the receivers, they should do nothing but catching drills. Start fining them big time for every drop in games. With that, we might be able to throw downfield a little more often.

Trent Williams, Will Montgomery, Fred Davis and Alfred Morris on offense and maybe Josh Wison over Corey Webster on defense. I can't beleive some Redskins fans think Garcon is better than Nicks or Cruz.

what I saw of him with the Colts, I assumed he was going to be the guy who took over for Wayne, like Wayne took over for Harrison

Less than 5 ...

RG III

Alfred Morris

Ryan Kerrigan

Brian Orapko

I would add Trent Williams and Fred Davis to your list. You could make a case for Will Montgomery at centre. 6 or maybe 7 players out of 22 - not good.

How would Orakpo start for the Giants? Why do I keep reading this?

He is incapable of playing LB in the 43 scheme. He has 0 coverage skills. None.

As a down lineman is he an upgrade over what they have? Undersized against the run and not as good as what they have against the pass

I would add Trent Williams and Fred Davis to your list. You could make a case for Will Montgomery at centre. 6 or maybe 7 players out of 22 - not good.

With Sean Locklear as their RT Trent would definitely start. He just might play RT, or he'd shift their LT over.

As for the idea of how talented we are, in the era of free agency it's not that hard to replace people if you just want to replace them.

Easy question for me. 1**

T. Williams

Rak (I think playing DE he could be better than Osi or Tuck)**

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 07:37 AM ----------

As a down lineman is he an upgrade over what they have? Undersized against the run and not as good as what they have against the pass

Rak is no more undersized than Osi or Tuck,

Rak: 6'4" 257#

Osi: 6'3" 255#

Tuck: 6'5" 268#

Rak was a beast in college at DE. Coming out he was almost 265#. He has leaned out to become an OLB. I think put in a position where JPP is getting every double he could put up better numbers than Tuck or Osi. This is obviously based on my opinion but i think most of us forget how good he was at DE in college as well as his rookie season. Putting up 11 sacks his rookie year with no other serious threat on the DL i think was pretty good.

That is an incredible exaggeration and you know it. He's struggled in coverage, but he's steadily gotten better as the season has gone on and was showing flashes of significant improvement before he went down.

I bet he covers better than Mathias Kiawanuka.

Easy question for me. 1**

T. Williams

Rak (I think playing DE he could be better than Osi or Tuck)**

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 07:37 AM ----------

Rak is no more undersized than Osi or Tuck,

Rak: 6'4" 257#

Osi: 6'3" 255#

Tuck: 6'5" 268#

Rak was a beast in college at DE. Coming out he was almost 265#. He has leaned out to become an OLB. I think put in a position where JPP is getting every double he could put up better numbers than Tuck or Osi. This is obviously based on my opinion but i think most of us forget how good he was at DE in college as well as his rookie season. Putting up 11 sacks his rookie year with no other serious threat on the DL i think was pretty good.

Good points I didn't realize they were so close in size

With Sean Locklear as their RT Trent would definitely start. He just might play RT, or he'd shift their LT over.

As for the idea of how talented we are, in the era of free agency it's not that hard to replace people if you just want to replace them.

Agree....we had Locklear and got rid of him, should have kept him...he is better than Polumbus

I kinda look at it from the standpoint of "What players on the Redskins do I trust to perform?"

OFFENSE:

Griffin III

Morris

Williams

Davis (injured)

I didn't add Garcon because while he *looked* like he was going to be a stud for us, he was injured after the 1st quarter of the season. Simply not enough data.

DEFENSE:

Too many injuries to tell if any of our remaining players would be able to start over Giants players. I keep remembering 2006 when our Defense crapped the bed and Sean Taylor had a down year. Sean Taylor was a complete stud, but he looked lost that year because the supporting cast wasn't doing its job, making it near impossible for him to succeed at his.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

Cobra Kai

Rocca

So, those are the only players that I feel are reliable week-in and week-out. I don't know enough about line play on either side of the ball, so I may be overlooking someone. But now out of the above listed players, which are an upgrade, are at least able to COMPETE with a Giants player for the starting position?

I think Griffin would ride the bench behind Eli, Morris would compete, but Williams & Davis would start. While I'm happy with both of our kickers, I don't know if they'd beat out the incumbent Giants at their position.

Archived