Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

IF Shanahan is let go, who do you want as the new head coach and GM next year?

NIKKI8

Shanny needs another year. A lot of this season is put on the young shoulders of RG3, and he's a rookie, so we need to see how Shanny develops RG3 beyond his freshman season.

The defense, on the other hand, needs a complete overhaul in terms of scheme. 3-4 is a joke in the NFC East. Converting to 4-3 gives us one of the best linebacking corps in the conference, which would dedicate our priorities this offseason to the secondary and the defensive line.

Why in the world would be push Bruce Allen out? He's been pretty good from what I can tell. I'd prefer to keep Shanny one more year, but I won't lose sleep if he's shown the door. Allen on the other hand should stay.

He's good at pants and picnics... he's not a real GM.

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 12:58 PM ----------

Make Allen the President. Let him decide. He can even keep Shanahan if wants.

I like him being the President. Basically being a buffer between Snyder and the football operations... but not a GM.

Shanny needs another year. A lot of this season is put on the young shoulders of RG3, and he's a rookie, so we need to see how Shanny develops RG3 beyond his freshman season.

The defense, on the other hand, needs a complete overhaul in terms of scheme. 3-4 is a joke in the NFC East. Converting to 4-3 gives us one of the best linebacking corps in the conference, which would dedicate our priorities this offseason to the secondary and the defensive line.

How would that give us the best linebacking corp in the conference? If anything it would give us a great Defensive End tandem in Orakpo and Kerrigan. They dont play 4-3 linebacker. Keep Cofield at tackle and put in Carriker or Jarvis Jenkins next to him and I think we have a solid D line but linebacker and the secondary is still weak.

How would that give us the best linebacking corp in the conference? If anything it would give us a great Defensive End tandem in Orakpo and Kerrigan. They dont play 4-3 linebacker. Keep Cofield at tackle and put in Carriker or Jarvis Jenkins next to him and I think we have a solid D line but linebacker and the secondary is still weak.

I don't know about Jenkins, but Carriker is horrific as a 4-3 tackle. He'd have to be dealt.

I don't know about Jenkins, but Carriker is horrific as a 4-3 tackle. He'd have to be dealt.

I agree on Carriker. Jenkins however played DT in college, and pretty darn well at that, but it was the brilliance of our defensive coaching staff to move him to DE. He'd probably be much more productive in a 4-3 defense.

As a huge Oregon fan, I know a lot about Chip Kelly, and I know that he wants to try his offense in the Pros. I wish him luck, but I don't want him on the Redskins. We have tried the gimmick college offensive coach route before, and it didn't work out for us. I'd much prefer Chip stay in college and hopefully stay at Oregon and continue to build that program.

I personally think we need to give Shanny and Allen another year. Their drafts have been great. I do feel we need to fire Haz and Smith and get competent replacements for them. The cap situation has been terrible for this regime so far, and I'd love to see what they could do without those issues. This offseason needs to be spent on Secondary and Pass Rush. Maybe another receiving target for RG3, and maybe some more O-line depth, but the Defense needs the majority of the work this offseason.

All that said, if Shanny does go, I'd like to see Russ Grimm come in and have a shot at HC.

So what is the deal with the GM situation right now? Is Bruce Allen just there to negotiate salaries and get us under the cap and Shannahan has full control of which players are selected/acquired?

Yes, Mike is Bruce's boss... and were brought in as a package. So if Mike goes, then the entire FO will need to be re-set. This is why i'm not sure if i want Shanny fired qute yet. But, the structure needs to be altered by taking the personel decisions out of Mike's hands.

Shanahan and crew have corrected many mistakes from the previous regime but 6-10, 5-11 and now a 5/6 win team this season is terrible. Outside of RG3 (and it's yet to be seen fully), we are drafting better but we are not drafting studs. We need better player personnel guys, which includes a GM who knows the football side of it (if Allen is not that guy) and IMO, we need better medical/training staff.

Yes, Mike is Bruce's boss... and were brought in as a package. So if Mike goes, then the entire FO will need to be re-set. This is why i'm not sure if i want Shanny fired qute yet. But, the structure needs to be altered by taking the personel decisions out of Mike's hands.

This is not true. Bruce's first option was Gruden. This was not a package deal.

Insiders confirmed this last week.

Mike Shanahan said that this team was a total rebuild. However, by year three I expected to see progress and not regress. I think Shanahan remains the HC until his contract is over.

I say we give Shannhan an extension. I say stay the damn course! I say we fire him in his second contract extension, but not in his first.

Our organization has been the laughing stock of the NFCE for a while, and to expect this man to change the culture of the players and organization in 3 years is laughable in my opinion.

STAY THE COURSE PEOPLE!!!

Archived