Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Rob Jackson make Orakpo expendable?

authentic

Heck no teams don't gameplan for Rak, Are you serious? The dude is a baller, but he isn't scaring a single person. He isn't very big and he's a speed rusher who is rendered ineffective more plays that not (although a lot of those plays he does get held). People look at his sacks, decent, and think he's elite when he isn't.

What is your definition of being rendered innefective? Not getting a sack? That is every pass rusher in the NFL.

Would you like to comment on the data I've provided in this thread that rankd Orakpo amongst the tops in the league not just in sacks but in hurries and pressures as well? How abouy drawing the most and second most holding penalties over the past two seasons.

That must have been due to his ineffectiveness?

Do you have any real analysis to add to the discussion or are these just vague opinions you've created without any factual basis?

As far as Orakpo not being big enough to scare anyone, he is virtually identical in height and weight to Demarcus Ware. Would you like to try again?

I think the difference Orakpo makes will only now be appreciated whilst he's not out there.

Hail.

He'll be missed at times, but Jackson has played very well so far. Our secondary can't play worth a damn with or without Rak.

I almost miss Carrikar more, with Jenkins basically being a no show so far this year.

What is your definition of being rendered innefective? Not getting a sack? That is every pass rusher in the NFL.

Would you like to comment on the data I've provided in this thread that rankd Orakpo amongst the tops in the league not just in sacks but in hurries and pressures as well? How abouy drawing the most and second most holding penalties over the past two seasons.

That must have been due to his ineffectiveness?

Do you have any real analysis to add to the discussion or are these just vague opinions you've created without any factual basis?

You can analyze any stat you want, make any excuse you want. I watch the games. You want elite, compare D.Ware to Raks first 4 years then talk about elite. Stop looking at only sacks, because I never said Rak sucks...but he doesn't show up in the cluth, in the 4th quarter. He doesn't show up in division games and last year he was a huge liability against the run....stop kidding yourself looking at pretty little stat sheets. Tebow and VY have winning records, so what?

AGAIN Rak is a good player, I think he'd be better served in a rotation playing mostly on passing downs. If we get real value, then we need to look at it. You put Rak on this defense, we're still gonna be 1-2.

Haven't seen enough of him...but if the Texans let Mario walk im sure we would let Rak walk. But idk...

Different situation. Houston was up against the cap to the point they had to release their starting RT and still needes to extend Schaub. In 2013 when Orakpo hits free agency we should be in good space with the cap.

I think he meant part of Sly Stallone's "Expendables" crew.

Total aside and going WAY off topic for a moment, but hang it up already and retire to your mansion in the hills.

There's only one old guy that does bad ass well and still scares the living crap out of you, and that's Clint. Even Willis is like 'yeah, whatever Grandad.'

But I digress, back to the thread at hand .....

Hail.

I don't know Rakpo was looking like he's was going to have a breakout out year this season. I mean He got injuried on a Sack/fumble that he created.Now that Jenkings is clearly the starter over Carriker, We might be able to trade Rak for the right price..If not keep them both. All this means is that we have great depth.Rak and Jax can be here for ever, unless one of them gets there trade value up to a 1st or 2nd round value

Wrong. When someone attacks me instead of giving a football response that's when I go into ******* mode. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me.

I'd say it is only if Orakpo can (help) get us a top tier safety. I think there will be a drop off at OLB but but I think Rob Jackson is good enough if we get high end safety play. A big thing is to get it cloudy in the underneath area while making it chancy to go deep.

You can analyze any stat you want, make any excuse you want. I watch the games. You want elite, compare D.Ware to Raks first 4 years then talk about elite. Stop looking at only sacks, because I never said Rak sucks...but he doesn't show up in the cluth, in the 4th quarter. He doesn't show up in division games and last year he was a huge liability against the run....stop kidding yourself looking at pretty little stat sheets. Tebow and VY have winning records, so what?

Rak is a good player, I think he'd be better served in a rotation playing mostly on passing downs.

Considering this is only Orakpo's fourth season it would be difficult to analyze his first four years against Ware's. However I have provided analysis of his first three seasons and it compares favorably.

I was never looking solely at sacks. That has been stated repeatedly. It seems as if you haven't actually looked at any of the analysis that has been provided and instead are sticking to the fact that you watched some of the games so you must remember every detail.

The division game thing is absolutely true. Orakpo had 3.5 division sacks his first 3 seasons compared to Wares 11.5 He is not however a liability against the run.

You criticize Tebow and VY and their winning records but then go on to say we'd still be 1-2 with Orakpo. We're either analyzing a player in isolation or we're analyzing them as a part of a whole. You can't bounce back and forth.

We all watch the games, don't we? its pretty easy to determine, based on observation that, so far in Rak's career that he hasn't made any game changing or game ending plays... Certainly not at the volume or consistency as the top tier pass rushers.

Yes, what about the holding call that won the Dallas game? And how many times does a sack end a game? Not often. Your logic is completely flawed. The only monkey Orakpo ever had was the division sacks. He got past that last year. Shows progress. this year in 2 games he had a sack and a forced fumble. On his way to another solid start, until the injury.

I just think you have an agenda here. :rolleyes:

I don't know enough to make a determination in this specific case, but I do think this organization should always be looking to flip players for picks, especially where we have good depth. If (we don't know yet, of course) Jackson can adequately replace Orakpo and we could get good enough compensation, we might be able to fill out our roster to rebuild quicker (OL, DB, etc.).

Again, this is more of a general comment from me. I would never get upset with us unloading guys with good backups in an attempt to fill holes. I thought we should have done it with Cooley in 2009.

Orakpo was playing great this year. The reason he wasn't getting as much pressure was that we were dropping him back into coverage a bunch. In fact he was doing way better in coverage than a lot of other 3-4 olbs. Even Kerrigan said that orakpo was the best all round OLB on the team. Do you guys forget that he got injured on a play where he sacked and forced a fumble. This is only his FOURTH year,he's got atleast 6-8 more yets of production, most likely 8 considering his shape. Also with a year off the pec should be completely healed by next season. My god are some fans overreacting.

I've been down on Orakpo for a couple seasons now, as I've been waiting for him to "take over" a game like we've seen other pass rushers. We have to consider that teams gameplan for Orakpo week after week., and target him in areas that put him at a disadvantage. While he is being held and double teamed, Kerrigan sometimes has an easier time breaking through. However, I've seen both get exposed in ways I don't like, but I wouldn't say it's time to move on at the position. Jackson is great DEPTH, but if/when he goes down who is going to step in for him?

I've been down on Orakpo for a couple seasons now, as I've been waiting for him to "take over" a game like we've seen other pass rushers. We have to consider that teams gameplan for Orakpo week after week., and target him in areas that put him at a disadvantage. While he is being held and double teamed, Kerrigan sometimes has an easier time breaking through. However, I've seen both get exposed in ways I don't like, but I wouldn't say it's time to move on at the position. Jackson is great DEPTH, but if/when he goes down who is going to step in for him?

I can see this point as well. If we had a better D-line then Rak/Kerrigan might have a much bigger impact, maybe not but who knows? I'm just amazed at how fast our defense became so bad. Honestly, look at it from the eyes of other teams fans, which I happen to talk to a lot...who on this entire defense is really making anyone worry? We have a few really solid players and then it just becomes a sharp drop off

I don't know Rakpo was looking like he's was going to have a breakout out year this season. I mean He got injuried on a Sack/fumble that he created.Now that Jenkings is clearly the starter over Carriker, We might be able to trade Rak for the right price..If not keep them both. All this means is that we have great depth.Rak and Jax can be here for ever, unless one of them gets there trade value up to a 1st or 2nd round value

Wait, what? Has Jenkins even played?

so you begin attacking?

just re-read the entire thread...i fail to see where you were attacked to solicit calling es "pussified"

I'm not just talking about me. I'm talking in general. I see other posters in this thread being attacked because they have the audacity to suggest that a player might not be as good as others think.

I'm done discussing this because it's getting away from the topic and it was my bad for even bringing it up.

If Jackson is deemed to be a quality player after longer sample size, what would people think of trying to get both he & Orakpo on the field at the same time?

I like this idea. Why is it that the second we might appear to have depth we quickly want to get rid of it? If Jackson impresses the rest of this season we become very flexible on the things we can do if we keep both of them.

I'd have to admit if Jackson keeps this up, I'd listen to the offers. Shanny is getting tired of people getting hurt year in and year out. BTW, how in the world do people get hurt for us but thrive on other teams? Hamstrings and stuff should make the training staff a little liable. I just don't understand how every year we are scrambling to find players by the 5th game. Its embarrassing.

Archived