Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where Credit is Due: Kyle Shanahan

Redskins Ruckus

*LL reported that Kyle and the Skins are working on a contract extension as we speak and are getting close in agreement*

It's all on Twitter and where is Cp24 (is that his name lol) when you need him?

Awesome. Shoot, I would've done it last year. Our offense was awesome considering the pieces Kyle had to work with. We finished middle of the pack I believe starting Rex Grossman, Jabar Gaffney, and with Evan Royster as our starting RB. Yeah.

The last two and a half years have been maddening for me considering how much defending I, along with quite a few others here, have had to do for Kyle... but I'm glad his coaching talents are finally being maximized by players who can execute. I just couldn't believe how few of our fans here could see how open he would get our wide outs against opposing Defense's even without a solid Oline or RB who was a true threat (other than a couple of stretches from Torain and Helu, team's didn't have to respect our running game that much).

I am a huge KS fan and never understood some of the crap he gets on this board and (moreso) in the local media.

We finished up last year with Rex Grossman, no Trent Williams, no Fred Davis, and Evan Royster in the backfield, and we still had a productive offense.

This year, we're among the elite offenses in the NFL, and we STILL haven't had our #1 wideout or our game-breaking TE for more than half the season.

Rookies and 2nd year guys all over the field, and four of our offensive linemen were basically street free agents (arguable with Chester I suppose).

Lock him in and let him and Griff make magic for years.

That last TD drive against the Giants, Kyle was on fire. The G-Men front seven were either standing their frozen or just running around like headless chickens because they had no idea what was coming.

its been called gimmicky, college etc but it works for us, my question is... with the Offense that Kyle runs, can Kirk Cousins run it the same way with the option reads or do we pursue a more athletic QB as a back-up so we can continue to run same style. I can't see Cousins running this style

Lock him in and let him and Griff make magic for years.

That last TD drive against the Giants, Kyle was on fire. The G-Men front seven were either standing their frozen or just running around like headless chickens because they had no idea what was coming.

Amen, brother. You could see the "what the hell was going on out there" look on Justin Tuck's face after the game when he congratulated RG3. That last TD drive was a thing of beauty, especially the TD play. With Pierre back, we are becoming a well-oiled machine.

---------- Post added December-5th-2012 at 06:48 PM ----------

I have repeatedly pointed out Kyle's age on here (32), as well as Raheem's (36). I think both of these guys are elite level, young coaching talent, and if we play our cards right they could be with our organization for a long time. And yes, I know our DBs suck this year.

Great job Kyle. Danny, do what you do best...write a freakin' check. :)

Oh, and I'd like to bump the "Garcon is soft" thread. Those haters need some crow too. :)

We've had a lot of stupid-herd posts this season...Garcon, Kyle, Mike, Morgan, even Hall to a real extent...and also much of the Luck v. RG3 stuff (where Luck is overly downgraded).

Now those really committed to the stupid will read that comment and want to respond with something about how there actually are accurate critical things to say about some of those targets (wow, really, genius?).

I think I just took care of most of that, though, by spotlighting their impulse, first :evilg: with my normal "preemptive strike" strategy. :ols:

its been called gimmicky, college etc but it works for us, my question is... with the Offense that Kyle runs, can Kirk Cousins run it the same way with the option reads or do we pursue a more athletic QB as a back-up so we can continue to run same style. I can't see Cousins running this style

Well it's not like the playbook is made up entirely of zone-read. Those schemes probably make up a quarter of the total plays.

With Kyle calling plays with his guy under center, once we add a few more pieces to the offense, we will be an absolute nightmare. Also, we've said how much more potent the O wil get once we get Davis back, but I don't think enough has been said about Roy Helu, and his explosiveness. Once we get him going, and maybe if he works on his vision a little, he, along with Morris and Griff would be a sick backfield.

With Kyle calling plays with his guy under center, once we add a few more pieces to the offense, we will be an absolute nightmare. Also, we've said how much more potent the O wil get once we get Davis back, but I don't think enough has been said about Roy Helu, and his explosiveness. Once we get him going, and maybe if he works on his vision a little, he, along with Morris and Griff would be a sick backfield.

We already are a nightmare with everyone healthy on offense. If we add more pieces that's Freddy Kruger status

Kyle has been really good this year. He's been consistent with calling run plays, very creative and formations and plays are feeding off each other. He is doing big things on offense. I can see the Pistol Whip Offense being the next evolution in offensive football for years to come.

Kyle usually has about one brainfart a game where we'll have one series of retarded playcalls, like the one at the end of the 1st half against NY where we got downfield pushing the ball aggressively and then subsequently called a run and a screen pass to kill momentum.

But other then that, he's been pretty on point. Guy is a hell of a playcaller and offense designer.

Archived