Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES: History shows Redskins have no home-field advantage at FedEx Field

themurf

Homefield advantage, or disadvantage, had nothing to do with that loss.

Piss-poor coaching and horrific defense is what cost us that game.

Between Williams and that "10 man on the field" stunt that gave the Bills a huge 1st play that set the tone....the defense giving up a ****load of plays for that last drive.....and Joe Gibbs calling 2 timeouts in a row.....that's what cost us game.

thats the point. The Redskins have been a bad football team, and bad organization, since Gibbs left in 1992. IT has nothing to do with homefield advantage or disadvantages, and everything to do with an inept franchise that has been at the bottom 3rd of the league for almost 20 years.

Between Williams and that "10 man on the field" stunt that gave the Bills a huge 1st play that set the tone....the defense giving up a ****load of plays for that last drive.....and Joe Gibbs calling 2 timeouts in a row.....that's what cost us game.

I wouldn't blame anyone for any mistakes through the emotion of that day personally.

I know for me, from the moment I cracked up during the pre-game tribute, the game was a complete and utter nonevent. I was like in a daze watching, and the scoreline mattered little. Yes, it would of been fitting to win. But in reality, the game was a side show to the raw emotion of the day. And that was just as a fan. I can't begin to imagine how I'd of felt had I been a coach/ teammate of his knowing him so intimately.

Hail.

It hasn't been that great in FedEx, but i think a large part of that has to do with not winning games. Hard to get excited for games when your team is eliminated from the playoff race by early November each year. Now, with that said, I think this Sunday might be the most electric crowd FedEx has had... maybe ever. The Redskins are about to field perhaps the most exciting player in the NFL for the first time at home coming off of two electrifying performances and I expect the crowd to be raucous. I'd go far as to say If the Skins win the coin toss, I think they should kick to the Bengals because I truely believe the crowd will go crazy wanting the Skins defense to get the Bengals off the field so we can get our first live glimpse of RG3 in person.

If Haslett is calling the defense again I don't want to kick the Bengals. We'll be down 7 when RGIII gets on the field.

---------- Post added September-22nd-2012 at 12:06 PM ----------

I personally feel that home field advantage is an overrated phenomenon except in collegiate sports...

tell that to New Orleans and New England.

That was sort of the point, there's been tons of crushing losses at home and it all come back to the redskins just have been Mediocre at best as a team. I know emotions were high that day but you strap on a helmet and win that game for your fallen defensive captain and overcome crappy coaching. But, it's all in the past. We will get that "home field advantage" back this year.

No, it really isn't. Sell your tickets to fellow Redskins fans if for whatever reason you can't/ don't want to go. With a S/T ticket wait list as long as ours, there's no shortage of takers week-on-week.

Selling tickets to whatever chump from whatever team stumps up the money is both ridiculous and a contributing factor to why there's NO home-filed advantage here.

GHH, the Redskins have ripped over 12000 seats out of the stadium during the past two offseasons. Do you really still believe there's a long season ticket waiting list?

As far as what season ticket holders decide to do with their tickets......well, I'm of the belief that if you purchase season tickets, you should be going to as many games as you possibly can. And for those hopefully rare instances when something comes up and you can't make it? While I appreciate the efforts on the folks on here to create a market where people are able to sell tickets to fellow Skins fans, I also don't expect folks to insist on selling to Skins fans solely.

Indeed, our guys have had no real homefield advantage but that all changes today. RG3 will electrify the crowd. He's made it cool to be Redskins fan again and even if we don't have a playoff team this year (we may or may not) we'll be headed in the right direction and our crowds will get better and therefore we will eventually gain a homefield advantage and start winning at home. It all starts in about 30 minutes! HAIL!

Indeed, our guys have had no real homefield advantage but that all changes today. RG3 will electrify the crowd. He's made it cool to be Redskins fan again and even if we don't have a playoff team this year (we may or may not) we'll be headed in the right direction and our crowds will get better and therefore we will eventually gain a homefield advantage and start winning at home. It all starts in about 30 minutes! HAIL!

Ummmmm no.

GHH, the Redskins have ripped over 12000 seats out of the stadium during the past two offseasons. Do you really still believe there's a long season ticket waiting list?

As far as what season ticket holders decide to do with their tickets......well, I'm of the belief that if you purchase season tickets, you should be going to as many games as you possibly can. And for those hopefully rare instances when something comes up and you can't make it? While I appreciate the efforts on the folks on here to create a market where people are able to sell tickets to fellow Skins fans, I also don't expect folks to insist on selling to Skins fans solely.

Ate tickets before I would sell them to someone else

---------- Post added September-23rd-2012 at 04:53 PM ----------

Ate tickets before I would sell them to someone else

Sad site when a bunch of fans left at the 8 min mark when we were down two TDs. We almost came back before the BS at the end. It's sad our fans have no faith anymore that we can come back. It's like if we're down two TDs in the 4th it's insurmountable. Considering this was b day gift to my dad I wanted to KILL when that crap happened at the end. Better than the miserable feeling when it was 24-7

Crowd noise was a non factor. That sucks. I thought Griffin's first home game would be rowdy. Disappointing

It's probably because Redskins ushers were going around and telling Redskins fans to SIT DOWN when we were standing and clapping on defense.

Yes, you read that right. Telling home fans to sit down because they were blocking the people behind them. In section 118, about 5 rows from the field.

He almost threw a 65 year old man out of the stadium for giving him a hard time about it. I couldn't believe it and neither could anyone around me. Complete joke.

Not only that, the dbag sitting next to me was wearing a Portis jersey and asking his GF (in between leaving and coming back to their seats 12 times during the game), "Who is our QB now?" Almost killed him on the spot.

Pathetic for people to be asked to sit down at home games. I paid $150 for my ticket, I'll do handstands all game if I want to. And pathetic that some idiot out there who doesn't know anything about us would be at the game, especially in seats like those. Left at 38-24 too of course. Sell your tickets if you aren't a fan.

It's probably because Redskins ushers were going around and telling Redskins fans to SIT DOWN when we were standing and clapping on defense.

Yes, you read that right. Telling home fans to sit down because they were blocking the people behind them. In section 118, about 5 rows from the field.

He almost threw a 65 year old man out of the stadium for giving him a hard time about it. I couldn't believe it and neither could anyone around me. Complete joke.

Not only that, the dbag sitting next to me was wearing a Portis jersey and asking his GF (in between leaving and coming back to their seats 12 times during the game), "Who is our QB now?" Almost killed him on the spot.

Pathetic for people to be asked to sit down at home games. I paid $150 for my ticket, I'll do handstands all game if I want to. And pathetic that some idiot out there who doesn't know anything about us would be at the game, especially in seats like those. Left at 38-24 too of course. Sell your tickets if you aren't a fan.

Aren't the usher fans of other teams? I'm pretty sure they are because they didn't want them watching the game while on duty. As far as the "dont know our QB" guy well I'm just gonna guess she's the die hard and he just came along or something. (Note the ones that get up 50 times a game.Not like a few times but like constantly are pretty annoying. Unless it's like a family that has a bunch of kids that might constantly candy, food, drink,etc). Section 432 has a bunch that constantly stand up so you basically stand up whenever and no one cares.

After yesterday's game, the Redskins are 4-13 at FedEx Field since Shanahan took over. I also heard on the radio yesterday that we've lost 7 straight home games, and haven't won at our stadium since the Redskins beat the Cardinals last year on September 18th, 2011. It's really unbelievable that we've haven't won at home in at least a calendar year. That place might really be cursed. Unfortunately, I would say that we have the worst home field advantage in the NFL hands down.

Archived