Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com- golden tates hit on cowboys sean lee

grego

I agree with Jerry on this one...Tate hits him Helmet to chin he didn't have to do that..Tate could have still done a legit crack back block with the same effect.

I also think the hit of Fred Davis was ridiculous and should warrant a fine also.

We'll see if the NFL is really for protecting the players.

I also think the hit of Fred Davis was ridiculous and should warrant a fine also.

i only saw it during the game, but i thought that while dude didnt get davis helmet to helmet (at least i didnt think so, i did hear reporters on the radio refer to the hit as 'helmet to helmet', i believe it would fall under 'defenseless receiver'

What irritates me is Tate's post-hit preening. There's nothing to be proud of. It's easy to blow up a guy who isn't looking. Don't act like Mr. Macho for a hit like that.

true enough.

i remember seeing a youtube video years ago of a few guys standing around talking to a stranger. one guy out of the blue clocks him and the other guys went on for about 10 minutes about how impressive the knockout was.

really?

i love the fact it happened to a dallas cowboy, but still, lets not get too crazy about it. especially when your probably 5'9" and 190 lbs soaking wet in real life.

Twenty years ago, that was a great block. Today, it is a personal foul. He could have accomplished the same thing less violently. I was hoping someone would have ran over and flattened him, but my Cowboys are soft. I would be fine with it if he didn't showboat afterwords, karma will catch up sooner than later. The personal foul on Carter to Wilson on that play hurts worse, he touched him with his little pinky.

What irritates me is Tate's post-hit preening. There's nothing to be proud of. It's easy to blow up a guy who isn't looking. Don't act like Mr. Macho for a hit like that.

Agreed. Doing that kind of thing also tends to put a target on your back - what goes around comes around.

Dude was HYPED after that block (and so were his teammates). I have no issue w/ his reaction afterwards. It was the hit of the year, IMO...and Sean Lee is probably somewhere still in orbit along w/ Kurt Coleman's helmet.

I know people are hyper-sensitive about player safety, but at some point, you just have to admire a good block/hit.

*FWIW, Sean Lee said the hit was clean. Props.

Dude was HYPED after that block (and so were his teammates). I have no issue w/ his reaction afterwards. It was the hit of the year, IMO...and Sean Lee is probably somewhere still in orbit along w/ Kurt Coleman's helmet.

I know people are hyper-sensitive about player safety, but at some point, you just have to admire a good block/hit.

Sean Lee came back to play the same series.

Sean Lee is doing his tough guy bravado. This hit was not clean at all. He clearly led with the crown of his helmet. I hate what the league is becoming safety-wise, however this kind of hit needs to be taken out of the game.

The hit looked clean to me. His helmet didn't hit him under the chin, the facemask or the helmet. Hit him in the left shoulder. He didn't leave his feet. I'm not sure why he would deserve a fine if there was no penalty called.

Then you need to go watch it agian, because he came up with the crown of his helmet and hit him sqaure in the chin. Doesnt matter if there was a penalty flag or not, as in the case of Fred Davis, it's still a foul and he should be fined.

Helmet hits his shoulder IMO.

I saw something very different on the replay. Tate, jumped up into his chin/facemask with the crown of his helmet. The fact that he used the crown of his helmet is a penalty. So it should be a fine. Sheesh.....I cant believe I'm here sticking up for a Cpwboy........ :(

The hit looked clean to me. His helmet didn't hit him under the chin, the facemask or the helmet. Hit him in the left shoulder. He didn't leave his feet. I'm not sure why he would deserve a fine if there was no penalty called.

there have been plenty of fines on plays when penalties were not initially assessed. Also, keep in mind that this game was officiated by REPLACEMENT REFS who have yet to pry their heads out of their collective arses......there was a penalty on this play, assessed against Dallas and it was a joke.

The hit on Lee's chest caused his head to go down and hit the crown of Tate's helmet in kind of a rebound motion. He did not come "up" into his head area. From the looks of that picture, it looks more like a recoil effect. I'm stubborn, aren't I? :evilg:

it's all good. I know where I am....

Archived