Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the Redskins ever surpass the overall record they have against the Cowboys?

Smooters

Currently, the Cowboys have an overall record of 62-40-2 against the Redskins. Now, before anyone points out, the Redskins are 2-0 all time against Dallas in the post-season, but I am talking about all games combined, not the ones that matter most such as the 2-0 post-season record.

ANYWAY, the question I have continuously asked myself for the last...15 years? Probably longer, is If the Redskins will ever be able to surpass the overall winning record the Cowboys have over the Redskins? It's a very hard question to answer if not impossible, however, the possibility is there.

What do you think? How long do you think it would take the Redskins to surpass this record if at all? Personally, I have yet to come up with a decision on whether the Skins can or not, but I figured I could share my thoughts with you and get your opinions as I'm hoping I'm not the only Redskins fan that has thought about this more than once. Particularly when the Cowboys fans around here bring the overall record up whenever an Skins-Boys argument ensues and they claim that is the "end of the argument."

Here is to a good season whether we beat the Cowterds or not! :beavisnbutthead: :dallasuck

:)

Forgive me, and I mean no harm :ols:, but I am just curious about two things.

1. Why did you pick the screen name you did when the guy had been off the team for so long when you joined, and was actually a Viking at last sighting?

2. Why this topic now? :)

What really threw the balance off was that horrible streak we went through, where we lost something like 15 out of 16 against the Boys. If somehow we ever do that to the Cowboys, things will even out over the years. It is possible if Griffin continues to develop and the Cowboys find themselves stuck in QB hell after Romo sits to pee is gone. You never know.

Forgive me, and I mean no harm :ols:, but I am just curious about two things.

1. Why did you pick the screen name you did when the guy had been off the team for so long when you joined, and was actually a Viking at last sighting?

2. Why this topic now? :)

troll detector going off?

Yeah, troll. lol

Anyway, I used this screen name for a while on a couple sites in the past and I was a fan of Fred Smoot back in the day. I'm not that good with thinking up screen names and I figured people would know what "Smooters" stands for. It has a nice ring to it. :)

As for picking this topic now: I had ANOTHER argument with a Cowboys fan about how I thought the Skins had a better team than the Cowboys this year. He then proceeded to bring up the overall record of the series and said that it was the nail in the coffin. So that's what brought me to make this thread. :)

What really threw the balance off was that horrible streak we went through, where we lost something like 15 out of 16 against the Boys. If somehow we ever do that to the Cowboys, things will even out over the years. It is possible if Griffin continues to develop and the Cowboys find themselves stuck in QB hell after Romo sits to pee is gone. You never know.

For all the flack Gibbs got in his second tenure, he did at least get that monkey off our back.

As to the OP, I actually kind of like the topic. It will obviously take a long time for the Redskins to close the gap against the Cowboys, because at best it would take ten years of sweeping them to catch up, and that it is highly unlikely. A realistic estimate would have to be twice that long.

Ask me again when we see how the young Griffin measures up to the old Romo sits to pee though, as we may finally be headed in the right direction. How sweet it will be to see our young QB blossoming as Romo sits to pee plays out the twilight of his career.

Somebody remember to bump this thread in ten years.

If we win 66% of our games against them it would take 17 years. Now, this could all be sped up if the cowboys whiff on a lot of qb's after Romo sits to pee, but realistically I doubt the cowboys will ever sink into being a cellar dweller for long.

I'm baffled that we were so bad for so long, but if the cowboys never found Romo sits to pee who knows where they'd be right now. Truth be told we had what, 17 starting qb's in the past 20 years? Something horrendous like that. That's a lot of hard luck for one team to have. I suppose Miami is going through that now and the Colts went through that between Unitas and Manning, etc, so it could happen.

There is only ONE record that counts as regards Dallas.

They have 5. We have 3. .

I always say we have won 5 championships. Sure two are pre Superbowl but that title was a media created name that was actually only "official" several years after the first Super Bowl.

Do extremeskiners not believe we have 5 championships? This suprises me.

Hail

Anyway, I used this screen name for a while on a couple sites in the past and I was a fan of Fred Smoot back in the day. I'm not that good with thinking up screen names and I figured people would know what "Smooters" stands for. It has a nice ring to it. :)

It has a nice ring to it if you're trying to name a new brand of adult diaper. That's what the name sounds like to me.

No, we'll probably never equal out the record. That streak they had against us will be hard to ever overcome. But your co-worker is still an idiot. As if an all-time record has any bearing on how two teams compare in a single season. That's beyond stupid.

I always say we have won 5 championships. Sure two are pre Superbowl but that title was a media created name that was actually only "official" several years after the first Super Bowl.

Do extremeskiners not believe we have 5 championships? This suprises me.

Hail

No, strictly speaking your correct and maybe I am being too generous toward the Cowboys.

An NFL championship is an NFL championship, however you dress it up. And we do indeed hold 5 of them.

My bad there. But it'd still be nice to at the least catch Dallas in Lombardi's as that's all they have over us.

Hail.

As much as people might disagree the "rivalry" between the 'skins and girls has been non-existent for years now. Why? It's called being irrelevant.

I've never liked the notion that we can go 2-14 as long as those two wins were against the girls. The VaGiants lost twice to us last year. Do you think the VaGiants care?

This has nothing to do with trolling. It has to do with a simple fact and question that can easily be understood.

As I said, I have thought about this a lot in the past and figured I could get everyone's opinion on it. Considering this is pretty much one of the only places that would understand. Nothing more. :)

Archived