Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the Redskins ever surpass the overall record they have against the Cowboys?

Smooters

If we win 66% of our games against them it would take 17 years. Now, this could all be sped up if the cowboys whiff on a lot of qb's after Romo sits to pee, but realistically I doubt the cowboys will ever sink into being a cellar dweller for long.

I'm baffled that we were so bad for so long, but if the cowboys never found Romo sits to pee who knows where they'd be right now. Truth be told we had what, 17 starting qb's in the past 20 years? Something horrendous like that. That's a lot of hard luck for one team to have. I suppose Miami is going through that now and the Colts went through that between Unitas and Manning, etc, so it could happen.

Its going to take a lot longer than that. In 20 years, it would require a 31-9 record, or a 77.5% win rate. At a 66% win rate, it would take 34 years, assuming that they have 2 games a year. And maintaining a 66% win rate is pretty hard - the only teams that the Skins have double digit wins against (i.e., I'm taking out the teams for which there is insignificant data) and a 66% win rate are Arizona, Detroit and St. Louis (per mcubed.net).

Archived