Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Need To Add Depth At Safety

bulldog

I don't know how to link to it but rotoworld has a great list of available free agents at every position that they just put out today. Lots of big names on the list.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/41331/74/best-available-nfl-free-agents?pg=3

Cornerbacks

1. Aaron Berry

2. Leigh Bodden

3. Chris Carr

4. Alphonso Smith

5. Chris Johnson

6. Zackary Bowman

7. Bryant McFadden

8. Darius Butler

9. Trevard Lindley

10. Andre' Goodman

11. Kelly Jennings

12. Kevin Thomas

13. Jonathan Wade

14. Benny Sapp

15. Lito Sheppard

Safeties

1. Nick Collins

2. Deon Grant

3. O.J. Atogwe

4. Brodney Pool

5. Charlie Peprah

6. Chris Harris

7. Tyrone Culver

8. Sean Jones

9. Melvin Bullitt

10. Chris Crocker

11. Tyrell Johnson

12. Bob Sanders

13. Husain Abdullah

14. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

15. Gerald Alexander

16. Gibril Wilson

17. Reggie Smith

18. Paul Oliver

19. Derrick Martin

20. Aaron Francisco

Call me dirty or old school but I liked the hit Williams put on Graham, seemed to make him not so anxious to go over the middle and burn us like he had been doing. And yes Daryl Johnston, former Cowturd of course, over sold how bad the hit really was, the way he was talking about it you would have thought Williams had a knife in one hand and a hammer in the other. I can tell you this if ST (RIP) was still with us, ole Jimmy wouldve needed a cart to get off the field yesterday.

I normally cringe when I find ouy that Kenny, Moose, and Goose are doing 'Skins games, but I thought they did a decent job yesterday, even on that play. I don't think there was intent necessarily, but I thought it was the right call. I don't think Williams will get suspended this time either, but he needs to watch out going forward. Just because there didn't seem to be intent doesn't mean the Powers-That-Be won't be eagle-eying him in the future. ST played in a different era even though it was only a few years ago. If he didn't change his game with the times, he very well would have been the 'Skins version of James Harrison.

No idea who this Jaiquawn Jarrett is, except that Andy Reid admits it was a mistake drafting him in round 2. I guess he was underwhelming and projected more as a mid-to-late round pick? The positives coming out of college and the combine for him was a non-stop motor, very high character, and extremely smart. He was just lacking size, though he always was in position to make a play.

I know we just signed Pugh, but I wonder if we give him a tryout to get a feel for him. Divisional foes always pick up our trash, maybe we can grab one of theirs?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/12/andy-reid-on-jaiquawn-jarrett-my-responsibility-i-misevaluated/#comments

Archived