Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - New Orleans Saints will pound Robert Griffin III

I_Bleed_B&G

Anyone else hear all the spin on ESPN radio this morning? Im listening to good ole Colin Cowherd. Last week its the Skins are going into a hornets nest.. have no chance... Saints were 8-0 at home last year... Brees is one of the top 3 QBs in the league... Skins have no running game...

today...

Saints Defense is no good... they are running a new scheme.... RGIII has the luxury of a strong run game... Shanny is good on opening day... RGIII didn't throw past the line of scrimmage on his first 8 throws...

Im not surprised but just think its so funny how he spins it. Im not saying the Skins are some dominant team now after one win - Im still thinking around 8-8, but why is it so hard for these "experts" to just give the Skins their due? He goes on and on how great the 9ers are for being able to go into GreenBay and come out with a win.. well... I think the Skins went on the road too... into a fairly loud environment.

Anyone else hear all the spin on ESPN radio this morning? Im listening to good ole Colin Cowherd. Last week its the Skins are going into a hornets nest.. have no chance... Saints were 8-0 at home last year... Brees is one of the top 3 QBs in the league... Skins have no running game...

today...

Saints Defense is no good... they are running a new scheme.... RGIII has the luxury of a strong run game... Shanny is good on opening day... RGIII didn't throw past the line of scrimmage on his first 8 throws...

Im not surprised but just think its so funny how he spins it. Im not saying the Skins are some dominant team now after one win - Im still thinking around 8-8, but why is it so hard for these "experts" to just give the Skins their due? He goes on and on how great the 9ers are for being able to go into GreenBay and come out with a win.. well... I think the Skins went on the road too... into a fairly loud environment.

That's why I don't pay attention to any of the "experts". We went into a very hostile environment with a rookie QB and came out with a win in a game we dominated for the most part. Sure it's only one game, but its still very impressive.

Come on guys. NOBODY could have predicted a rookie quarterback to have a game like that. Sure, the article seems to spew hate, but historically speaking, how many rookie QB's lead their teams to victory in their first game in such a hostile environment? Take a look at the performances of the other rookie QB's this week. Schein wasn't going out on limb making that prediction.

It is fun to play the underdog and prove everyone wrong, but history was (and is) working against us.

Why could no one predict it or at least not think it might happen? Yes, it doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough you stay away from making such outrageous statements. The markers of that what happened had a strong possibility to happen were there.

Anyone else hear all the spin on ESPN radio this morning?

Not surprised at all ... that's some serious bull**** huh? amazing.

WHERE WAS ALL THAT DAMN LOGIC BEFORE THE GAME?

He knew shanny was good on opening days, he new the saints were running a new scheme (which is BS), did he think RG3 was going to come out winging 20 yard passes? a rookie? his first game?

If that ******* took that into consideration, he would have not had that "hornet's nest" mentality.

whatever man ...

Tom Jackson was making all kinds of excuses for Luck ...made me sick. They were also, kind of toungue in cheek with their praise for Robert ... basically saying the gameplan was the reason for his success, and the running attempts.

I think there are a few people who need to take their crystal balls and get an engine overhaul. The single biggest takeaway from this game is, WE HAVE FOUND OUR QB!! There is absolutely no question about it!!! Now, it's time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the process of RG3 learning and progressing as an NFL QB.

I think we all need to just admit that it is going to take us making the Superbowl and then a good year after that before we get any respect. The fact is if your not a Cowboy, 49er, Green Bay in the NFC you won't get any respect. Hell look at Atlanta they are pretty good but the media's take is they can't win in the playoffs. Well neither can their golden boy Romo sits to pee, but that isn't hardly ever brought up. Especially on ESPN. They are terrible and actual jokes. Also did you see the hatred Donovan McNabb gave RGIII this morning?? That made me smile. I actually think RGIII listens to all the haters, smiles makes a mental note and then carries that into his planning and game play. I can't wait till someone calls one of the ESPN people out on the air!!! HTTR!!!!

I think we all need to just admit that it is going to take us making the Superbowl and then a good year after that before we get any respect. The fact is if your not a Cowboy, 49er, Green Bay in the NFC you won't get any respect. Hell look at Atlanta they are pretty good but the media's take is they can't win in the playoffs. Well neither can their golden boy Romo sits to pee, but that isn't hardly ever brought up. Especially on ESPN. They are terrible and actual jokes. Also did you see the hatred Donovan McNabb gave RGIII this morning?? That made me smile. I actually think RGIII listens to all the haters, smiles makes a mental note and then carries that into his planning and game play. I can't wait till someone calls one of the ESPN people out on the air!!! HTTR!!!!

Eh, we were getting all kinds of respect from ESPN last year 4 games in when we were 3-1. I think it's one of those situations where the pundits don't want to be wrong again so they're holding their tongue until it's really true, and they know we're a great team. Although anybody with half a football brain could look at that game, given the situation and be able to give props where props are due.

And I have to say when I bumped this thread yesterday I was pissed and wanted to give Adam the bird, but I can appreciate someone who comes out and admits they're wrong when they're wrong. I can't stand when people spin it so our players don't get the credit they deserve.

today...

That's what you get for listening to ESPN and Cowherd.

Anyone else hear all the spin on ESPN radio this morning?
WHERE WAS ALL THAT DAMN LOGIC BEFORE THE GAME?

^This. This, this, this, this, and then a dash more of this.

There are weeks where teams legitimately surprise everyone and come out of nowhere, or alternatively, weeks where amazing teams just deflate terribly. No one can really accurately predict when those are going to happen.

But this outcome was not some impossible to conceive of event. If you took everything into account, sure, you still probably bet on the Saints, but the spread would be something like 3 points, not 7.5. It's not like people were expecting the Saints D to be amazing, so why were the Skins expected to score so little according to some?

Though I will say, most of the media is giving us our due, gushing over RGIII and sort of just drooling rainbow everywhere. Which, of course, is great, because anything that keeps Tebow off the air (so props to Mark Sanchez as well, good work), is a benefit.

I think there are a few people who need to take their crystal balls and get an engine overhaul.

On the Saints message board in the game day thread there were a couple of messages about a "40 burger" I guess they didn't clearly see who was going to put up 40.

Took everything in me not to be a troll after that game lol.

I actually did not hear that. What did McNugget have to say?

On the NFL morning show he was on talking about the 5 starting rookie QB's yesterday. The other host, don't know his name was giving RG3 props and Donovan made it a point to lesson his achievement. It was like the Saints handed us the win..........He is such a tool.....He should go over to ESPN and work there.......

Which Saints board was you on????? Because the one I was snooping on wasn't like that they where blaming the PI penalty for the reason they lost as you said above. They gave no props to the skins at all only excuses on why they lost. I did not see many props to Rg3 or to fletcher. Only crying on why they lost.

Not sure if it's their "official" board or not. Got the link off their home page. I'd supply a link but I'm new to my iPhone so forgive my short comings to date. My pc crashed and Im left with doing everything mobile. My apologizes for for not supplying a link. New to the iPhone and mobile connection. Blackandgold.com I believe was the site. Hope I don't get in trouble for advertising another teams site. But much respect was given.

today...

Yeah, I heard him last week and then I heard him downplaying it this morning. How hard is it to say "you know what? I was wrong." You want people to respect you then admit when you're wrong and don't try to spin out of it. Last week he was saying that losing LaRon was a downgrade. How is losing a part timer a downgrade? No mention of the Saints not having Vilma or Will Smith or a new defenseive coordinator being a downgrade for the Saints from last year.(This was before the suspensions were lifted).

Sal Pal tried to let him know that the Redskins were gonna be tough, but he wasn't having any of it. Jackassery at its finest this morning.

Archived