Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Few would have. Wilson has been immediately impressive.

Five rookie starters is crazy. Piling on, we're at ten rookie and sophomore starters now. That's pretty amazing.

The thing is, about half the teams in the league now have QBs they will not be looking to replace any time soon. Starting opportunities will become limited. It's going to be hard for those of the rookies and sophomores that need some time to develop to get a fair shake at it. Especially if strong draft classes keep cycling in.

The flip side, which could be annoying, is that in the near future, teams looking for fresh QBs will have an easy time finding one. Normally that'd be great news, but we got ours. Meanwhile, Vick, Eli, and Romo sits to pee will all be on their way out within 5 years most likely (Vick within a couple), so our opponents will get to avoid the obnoxious hell we've gone through trying to find a guy.

But I'm not sure many organizations have the will and patience to properly develop their QBs. What's the incentive to stick with a QB that you could develop into a high caliber passer in three or four more seasons if you have access to a superior raw talent in the draft that year?
Oh, I agree there are some teams that will botch things and fail to develop/build a team around their QB.

Then scape goat that QB and draft their new QB and ostensibly more talented QB and sell them to their fanbase.

And behind the scenes the FO will try to build a better team then they did with the former QB.

After the draft is over and all the 'value' is gone all that is left is the actual prospect.

And I don't believe the talent gap between the prospects is as large as we often make them out to be.

I think the smart teams will find their QBs and develop them without having to pay a ransom to get them.

But, I guess you could argue that's always been the case.

Weeden's job will be tough because of his age. He'll have to be ahead of schedule just to hold par. He also doesn't have much receiving talent to work with and he's in a hard division but I think he's got a couple of things working in his favor. I think Trent Richardson will be immediately successful and be helpful for reducing the pressure on Weeden. I think the offensive line should at least be decent. Hopefully. And the defense is actually pretty solid. Plus Holmgren has some track record for developing the position. But seeing the raw deal Colt got, you can only be but so optimistic.

Tannehill's situation is really crappy. It's not just Ireland, it's the ownership. That's a circus IMO. That receiving core is horrid. It's about as bad as Jacksonville's was last season, and he doesn't have MJD to move the offense. I could see him struggling to get comfortable and get completions like Gabbert did. But hopefully his coaching situation will be better than Gabbert's was last year. Maybe the OL will at least be decent.

I think the Browns would have had success sooner if Holmgren was coaching instead of whatever he's doing in Cleveland. (I'm assuming he's gonna be gone soon barring a winning record)

I think Pat Shurmur is a very rigid and static in his WCO style and it shows in the YPA (w/ both McCoy and Bradford 6.5ish)

But, if Richardson is the back we think he can be then its gonna be the best thing that every happened to Shurmur/Weeden because they're probably gonna give him 330+ carries.

I think Tannehill is such a talented prospect that if they just give him 1 solid NFL WR that he would be in the conversation of top rookie QB w/ Griff, Luck and now Wilson.

Tannehill's ass should be planted firmly on the bench imo. Terrible situation + raw young QB + no WRs (AAA is his best WR? A pure deep threat with a guy who's not going to be a great deep ball passer for a few seasons if ever?) is a bad mix. At least they have Reggie Bush and a good stable of RBs and a decent OL if Jake Long gets back to form and Jonathan Martin gets good quick. And they could have a pretty good defense. Still, this is a pretty bad situation to bring a young QB into as anything, and probably negates the development advantage gained from having Philbin and Sherman as your HC and OC and then some.

I hope they run 55:45 and go with a very conservative WCO, and hope they can grind games out

I hope they run 55:45 and go with a very conservative WCO, and hope they can grind games out

Just going by preseason? It really seems like they want to run the ball. They want to run that Packers "Sugar Huddle" type of...thing, without having any of the horses to pull the cart. Armstrong, Hartline and Bess are the best they have. Even Fasano has looked mediocre and has never really developed into what people thought he would. Plus

Plus, you can't pile on those carries on Bush. Or Daniel Thomas. Or any of those running backs.

Watching the OU/ UTEP game, and the Miners are featuring a sophomore RB Nathan Jeffery, who only had 26 carries last year (12 carries already tonight), and man is he explosive. Great footwork, fantastic vision. One cut, sees the hole, and go's with explosion. ( 9 minutes or so to the half, and he's averaging over 5 yards a carry on the Sooners D.).

This kid could be explosive the next few years.

Hail.

It would be nice to raid some the Oregon speed, skilled positions on the offense and secondary.

And not just the skilled positions but maybe also in the Lines. Looks like Boyett got himself a pick.

__

I decided to read up on Kyle Long after seeing his name on the screen during the 1st quarter.

Article on Kyle Long's past:

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2012/01/oregon_ducks_recruit_kyle_long.html

__

His roster profile:

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3378&SPID=233&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=205504199&Q_SEASON=2012

__

Seems like everyone is adequately drooling all over Thomas right about now.

Its not a concern for us at all, but as a true sophomore Teddy Bridgewater is way beyond his years as a QB

It's the head coach man, he's a south florida guy - miami area I believe and he's just snatched up solid recruits from Florida, especially the miami area with Bridgewater and Miller and pipelined them into Louisville, love that teams energy.

I think he coached at Florida. His name is Strong, Charlie Strong ... ha.

Also with Bridgewater is offensive lineman John Miller, started last year as a true freshman, athletic for his size #70.

It's the head coach man, he's a south florida guy - miami area I believe and he's just snatched up solid recruits from Florida, especially the miami area with Bridgewater and Miller and pipelined them into Louisville, love that teams energy.

I think he coached at Florida. His name is Strong, Charlie Strong ... ha.

Also with Bridgewater is offensive lineman John Miller, started last year as a true freshman, athletic for his size #70.

Oh yeah Charlie Strong is a heck of a coach and has made Louisville into a team that will be damn good this year. Just find it awesome to watch a true sophomore be able to dictate the plays on his own and make those decisions that even seniors wont make

Archived