Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Comprehensive NFL Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I don't like the idea of dipping into FA all the time.

Only in the rare case that a need matches an immediate scheme fit.

I think out type of team, a young building team, should try to make our moves through the draft almost exclusively.

And if they do dabble in FA only target young up and coming FA and avoid paying top dollar for FA like Long/Clady.

I see where you going. But if Mike thinks Clady is a fit you absolutely try and grab him especially if he comes here on a good price. I'm sorry but if we can get Clady that would make the whole team better.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 05:39 PM ----------

Ryan Clady ain't all that. And that would be a stupid amount of money to invest in two tackles.

No its not. Look at it like this. There's teams paying their franchise QBs 15 or more million a year. We only 5 or 6 million. We are getting a discount rightnow. Might as well use that to our advantage.

I agree, and I've got nothing against Ryan Clady I think he's a great player.

But it seems prohibitively expensive to sign Clady to play RT.

I would try to address/solve RT internally or through draft or through up and coming FA.

Not looking at Clady as just a RT. But just as a Tackle. Look we go against Gnats, Cowturds, and Iggles. Gnats have 2 outstanding DEs so does Iggles and Cowturds move Ware to the opposite side too. So to have two Elite tackles can negate those situations. Also it gives you alot of flexibility to have five receivers go out on routes. I see it like this you get Clady it makes our oline top 10 in the NFL.

That wasn't meant to insult, was just trying to clarify. I guess we kind of disagree; I think he looks a lot more natural/comfortable this year at G *shrugs. He seems to have liked the transition as well. I'm anxious to see how he plays against SEC D-lines though.

I've heard the move inside suits him. Heard he was having problems with speed on the edge and playing in close quarters has been good for him.

I know it's foolish to try and boil any position down to one or two attributes, but the one thing that can really make or break a tackle prospect for me is lateral agility relative to size/build.

I haven't seen nearly enough of Thomas to offer much in the way of analysis, but if he doesn't have suitable lateral speed, he won't be that good in the NFL at OT.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

I agree, and I've got nothing against Ryan Clady I think he's a great player.

But it seems prohibitively expensive to sign Clady to play RT.

I would try to address/solve RT internally or through draft or through up and coming FA.

You're probably right. I'd imagine Denver will do everything to keep their powerful LT too given their acquisition of Peyton Manning. You have to think Clady, and the OL as a whole, were one of the deciding factors for Peyton in choosing Denver.

But if an OT of Clady's caliber did hit the market for some reason, I think it could be smart to spend upwards of 8 or 9 million annually for them to play RT.

I think there is some room on the roster to clear off some contracts and get us down into the low 90 M range for next season. Cut Santana, Jammal Brown, Montgomery, and possibly Josh Morgan.

Carriker is on a huge bargain deal. We don't have to negotiate with Orakpo for at least another year. RGIII and Kerrigan are massive bargains. Cofield, Wilson, and Bowen are on good contracts, as is London for next year. Monkey around with Deangelo's contract or cut him and you can have even more room. Trent's contract is still very affordable for his level of play at LT and he's got a little while left on it.

Only Garcon's deal is a bit questionable, and it's only about 8.5 million next year.

Front load the RT's contract a bit and it could work. We'll be coming off our John Mara dictated 18 million dollar cap sanction the year after when we'll negotiate with Orakpo so that's like an 18 million dollar earmark suddenly becoming available. And if the RT's contract is sufficiently front loaded, we'll have money for when we need to be negotiating with Trent, Kerrigan, and RGIII.

If you can sign a top tier OT to play RT while simultaneously retaining our RGIII, Trent, Orakpo, Kerrigan core long term, then I'm for it.

We can go receiver by committee to keep costs down there and we're never going to have to spend much for interior OL and HB. Cycle in youth around the rest of the defense with draft picks and you'll be OK because defenders develop faster than offensive players.

I like the idea of having two impact playmakers on the offensive line, particularly at the tackle positions. I like a guy who is a physical mismatch in the running game by himself, who can also play on an island in pass pro for both our tackle spots. I like the idea of building our offensive and defensive fronts from the edges inward, much like SF did in spending two firsts on their OTs.

I also think it's unlikely we'll get another blue chip caliber tackle in the draft without a first round pick.

All of that said, when's the last time a great OT left in free agency? Teams never let these guys walk for nothing. I expect Jake Long and Clady to extend with their current teams and I imagine Carolina will probably keep Jeff Otah too.

---------- Post added September-12th-2012 at 08:49 PM ----------

Ryan Clady ain't all that. And that would be a stupid amount of money to invest in two tackles.

Trent's deal's only ~ 7 million annually and there is team control for at least two more years I think. That's not bad. You could go 9 million annually on a front loaded deal where the bulk of the cap figure comes in the first two seasons and you'd be ok. Garcon is the biggest contract we have and it's not that bad. If the player is actually elite, it would work.

Bit leery about giving a 300 pounder a front loaded deal though...

Not looking at Clady as just a RT. But just as a Tackle. Look we go against Gnats, Cowturds, and Iggles. Gnats have 2 outstanding DEs so does Iggles and Cowturds move Ware to the opposite side too. So to have two Elite tackles can negate those situations. Also it gives you alot of flexibility to have five receivers go out on routes. I see it like this you get Clady it makes our oline top 10 in the NFL.

You have a solid point, in our division having two great tackles would seem like an ideal strategy, but truthfully no other team in our division has 2 great tackles. They've all been stocking up on defensive backs, which we are a bit behind the game on that. This draft looks like it could be an all-time great one for defensive backs though, but I like the o-line this year as well. I think this draft really could shore up our weak points at safety and tackle, whereas free agency has a ton of good corners becoming FA this year.

LB, Helu doesn't start probably because Shanahan views him as the change of pace guy. I don't think he's got the makeup to be a starter.

The only problem is Helu has been hurt a lot and so our offense hasn't consistently possessed a change of pace weapon. We need him to get healthy for the offense to really start to unlock its potential.

I think he'll get healthy and produce well this season, but I worry about him over the long haul and think he'll get nicked up and miss a lot of time each season.

If he stays hurt most of this year, we'll need to start looking elsewhere for our change of pace guy, possibly consider carrying four HBs. We can't get overly patient and committed to Helu because he's not an elite talent.

Kiper updated his big board today (I know I know, it's Kiper. But just fyi anyway):

Not an insider, so could only see the top-5:

1. Matt Barkley - QB (USC)

2. Jarvis Jones - OLB (Georgia)

3. Barkevious Mingo - DE (LSU)

4. Sam Montgomery - DE (LSU)

5. Justin Hunter - WR (THE University of Tennessee Volunteers :pfft: lol)

You have to be a pretty special talent to be where Tennessee wide receiver Justin Hunter finds himself. Now up to No. 5 on my Big Board, Hunter is in that position despite two years where he really hasn't had the opportunity to show what he's capable of. Hunter was limited to only 33 total catches over his first two years in Knoxville because of injuries, but off to a great start in 2012, he's once again giving us all a glimpse of what he's capable of. While there's plenty left to see, with health certainly a considerable question going forward, Hunter is a gamebreaker when right, and with strong-armed Tyler Bray throwing the ball, his combination of size, speed and pass-catching talent can be on full display.

'Bout time Kiper caught on ;)

Also, if you haven't watched Cordarrelle Patterson yet, you're missing out. I said earlier in the year that I thought we had the best WR trio in the nation. Well, obviously no more DUH'Rick, but I would still take the duo of Hunter/Patterson over anyone (yes, including Woods/Lee).

Apologies for my UT propaganda. I simply can't help myself.

/end homerism

You have a solid point, in our division having two great tackles would seem like an ideal strategy, but truthfully no other team in our division has 2 great tackles. They've all been stocking up on defensive backs, which we are a bit behind the game on that. This draft looks like it could be an all-time great one for defensive backs though, but I like the o-line this year as well. I think this draft really could shore up our weak points at safety and tackle, whereas free agency has a ton of good corners becoming FA this year.

Yeah but remember we can be in the running for Talib really comes to mind.

I'm all for Clady. The way I see it, the Skins are handicapped without a 1st round selection. I don't believe there's another tackle that could compete at the same level as Clady, right out of the gate.

Maybe there's another Veldheer out there in this draft, I don't know yet. But, it would seem to me that the advantage is completely with free agency, specific to Clady, when it comes to offensive tackle.

I don't know where to start upon guessing his contract wants, all I know is that he rejected:

The Broncos had reportedly offered the fifth-year pro $50 million over five years with $28 million guaranteed.

Clady will make $3.5 million this season in the final season of a five-year deal he signed as a rookie out of Boise State in 2008.

In free agency next year, Clady and his agent, Pat Dye, can seek a deal more in line with Cleveland's Joe Thomas, whose deal averages $11.5 million a season. The Broncos could also put the franchise tag on Clady, which would pay him in the neighborhood of $10 million in 2013.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/story/2012-07-30/Broncos-LT-Ryan-Clady-call-off-contract-talks/56598640/1

__

scaled.php?server=811&filename=cladycontract.png&res=landing

I'm all for Clady. The way I see it, the Skins are handicapped without a 1st round selection. I don't believe there's another tackle that could compete at the same level as Clady, right out of the gate.

Maybe there's another Veldheer out there in this draft, I don't know yet. But, it would seem to me that the advantage is completely with free agency, specific to Clady, when it comes to offensive tackle.

I don't know where to start upon guessing his contract wants, all I know is that he rejected:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/broncos/story/2012-07-30/Broncos-LT-Ryan-Clady-call-off-contract-talks/56598640/1

__

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg811/scaled.php?server=811&filename=cladycontract.png&res=landing

That's just way to much only for one player. Especially given our cap penalty situation.

Gotta be smart about this. We have many holes on this team.

That's just way to much only for one player.

Wait, do we actually know anything about the real numbers? I don't.

Without knowing what other moves MS has planned, as Steve alluded to above, I don't think we can claim "too much," right now.

Especially given our cap penalty situation.

Gotta be smart about this. We have many holes on this team.

Whether I'm right or wrong MS will do what he do.

There's also the chance that someone of the current roster takes hold of the position. I'm sure most everyone would like to see that.

__

But indulge me here, because here's my pitch:

Ok, remove money for a second. I know, it's tough, but remove it - right now.

Cool, now we're on the same page.

Let me get to my next and more important point.

Allow me to express my desire for Clady (or someone of his ilk) in another way: The Redskins lack the ability to select an impact player / immediate starter from the 1st round of the NFL draft in 2013 and 2014.

That's something big to consider.

Mike Shanahan, since becoming president/coach/De Facto GM has done what with his 1st round selections?

Yep, selected day 1 - immediate starters, impact players.

1. Trent Williams

2. Ryan Kerrigan

3. Robert Griffin III

So that's two starters that would otherwise be here from 2013 and 2014, that are not.

Without the 1st round selection, how do you still get an impact player immediate starter? - My guess would be free agency.

So far in MS' tenure the only 2nd round selection has been Jarvis Jenkins, correct if I'm wrong.

So do you see the point I'm making? - Immediate starter, impact player.

1st and 2nd round selctions are the life blood of an organization and for MS his track record for the 1st round has been pretty decent so far. Though you can argue that selecting as early in the 1st round has helped.

To offset the "loss" of 1st round selections for the next two drafts, whatever the position of interest be, IF it be offensive tackle OR defensive back (corner or safety) OR something else, in lieu of drafting that position, it would be my desire to fill that void with a starter level free agent at that position.

I can already hear your cries of Vinny coming from from afar. I'm not advocating handing out the largest contract of free agent period. And certainly IF Clady tries to command that, whatever I think of the matter is moot.

MS will do what he do. And he's proven to hand out contracts in-line with league average / going rate. I don't fret too much about him pulling a "vinny."

I think the contracts of Cofield and Bowen were fairly sizable for just your base level NFL starter.

- 36 million & - 27+ million, If I remember right.

... But could you imagine our defense without them right now? Do you honestly think that Kerrigan or Orakpo would be as successful as they are without those two free agent cogs?

What about Garcon? - Does RG3 sit on his tush and point to the sky if MS doesn't hand over 42+ plus million to Pierre?

Who else is streaking 80 yards for a TD on a Seam - Slant?

You see Garcon, immediate starter.

How much is too much for a Pro Bowl offensive tackle to protect or add to the protection of our Franchise? Isn't Griffin III worthy of security investment?

I mean the first round selections have gone to pay the piper just to get him, better make him the most comfortable QB in the land if you want ultimate success.

I believe that free agency is essential the next two years because the Skins are directly impacted by not having a 1st round selection.

That's my point. ... or something like that

I feel like people just put Matt Barkley at #1 by default because he's Matt Barkley.

I agree. USC QB who has been the #1 QB in his class since H.S. and put up big numbers for his team. Bound to get overhyped.

I do like Barkley though. I think he's one of the better senior QB prospects to come along in years. I like that he's a four year starter with a ton of experience leading a high profile program through some rough patches, and (potentially) getting them back to dominant form. I see some similarities with Mark Sanchez in terms of size and intangible makeup, although I think Sanchez was a better athlete, had a stronger arm, and was much more of a big play QB in the passing game.

I think he's got a really good head on his shoulders, from everything I've heard him say and read about him. He seems like he's got most of the intangible qualities you look for in a franchise QB. As a senior, I would love to see him grow as a leader who can rally his teammates and push them to great things.

I'd love to see USC go out and beat Alabama or LSU. I think it would take a terrific performance form him and a lot of leadership for them to do that and it'd be a boon to his stock.

But I have a lot of doubts about Barkley's physical attributes. They certainly don't scream 1st overall to me. Does he have the footspeed and agility and coordination to make big plays outside the pocket. Does he have the arm strength to be a playmaker who can drive the ball downfield and exploit NFL windows?

He's been successful running a high percentage passing game at USC with elite wideouts. I want to see him show off playmaking ability in the passing game. IMO, a QB getting taken first overall should be a playmaker. I'd set Matt Ryan as a sort of minimum baseline for physical attributes for a QB I'd take first overall because I think it's a long shot a lesser physical talent than Ryan becoming a top notch playmaker who can prop a team up by himself.

I think Landry Jones is a bit better as a prospect because he's got some of those playmaking qualities and has a big arm while being similarly efficient. I think Logan Thomas is a superior talent to Barkley, and if he makes strides as a passer, he should be the superior prospect by the end of the year. I think Geno Smith is a superior talent to Barkley, and if he was a cleaner passer and wasn't so lanky, I think he'd be a better prospect than Barkley. And from what I've heard about Tyler Wilson, it sounds like he's better than Barkley too.

But I'm thinking this will be a year where the best couple of prospects will be defenders and receivers and the QBs will be a little behind unless Logan Thomas shows out as a big time passer by the end of the year.

__

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg811/scaled.php?server=811&filename=cladycontract.png&res=landing

Ouch. I didn't realize he was looking for 10+ million annually.

I was thinking the 8 million range, 9 at the most. If he turned down a 10 million annually deal and wants Joe Thomas money, I'd let him walk. I don't think he's worth that kind of scratch for one. I think Trent is better than him and if I'm going to give a highest paid tackle in the league style deal to anyone, it'd be Trent in a couple seasons.

Second, to sign Clady and keep the decks clear for negotiations with Orakpo, Kerrigan, and Trent in successive years, you'd need to heavily front load Clady's contract. I don't like the idea of giving another 320 pound player a heavily front loaded top money deal. There is just too much that can go wrong.

Our biggest long term goal needs to be keeping a core of RGIII, Trent, Orakpo, and Kerrigan together as the foundation of our team. Those three fill the three most important positions on the team with top tier caliber talent. We will eventually win a Superbowl with that core intact. If Clady got in the way of that, we shouldn't make that type of move.

10-11 million annually is too rich for my blood for a second OT. We almost certainly won't get a better player at OT than Clady in the second round or later, but it'd be better to settle for adequate at a fraction of the cost.

I agree on the whole Clady thing he would be a good signing at the 8-9mil/year range. Clady is also in his prime years I think he just turned 26 and those have been the types of FA we have gone after. Though if he wants Joe Thomas money he can go elsewhere. Also would he want to play the less "glamorous" RT position? even if money was the same?

Also would he want to play the less "glamorous" RT position? even if money was the same?

Well somebody's feathers would be ruffled, either Williams or Clady - if they bought into the whole ego thing. And that's more the point for me, concerning why he possibly would not want to sign up here, less so just the money but because of the honor, or as you say glamourous.

Weighing in on the Clady situation, I agree that he's out of our price range. We can't pay a RT like the top LT in the league. Our system really thrives when there's two elite tackles and Shanny knows that. I believe that's why we went after Jammal Brown and even continue to hold out hope that he can fully recover. That said, chances are real slim that he bounces back. While Shanny would probably love to bring Clady into the fold, our FO and Shanny have shown a great ability to find comparable talents for better value.

Based on the track record of Shanny, the Texans, and Bruce Allen, I think that the Skins will elect to draft a RT rather than pay top dollar. Eric Winston was a 3rd rounder, Ryan Harris was a 3rd rounder, and Jeremy Trueblood was picked at the end of the 2nd. I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick a RT in the late second or even go BPA in the 2nd and RT in the 3rd. I think Polumbus is young enough and decent enough to hold that spot through 2012 and part of 2013 as we integrate a rookie into the lineup. That seems to be Shanny's MO.

He integrated Kory and Monty midseason. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mo Hurt or Gettis take that starting LG spot over the course of this season and LeRibeus become the starting center to begin 2013. Then likely have the rookie RT slide into the lineup during the 2013 season. I think Chester stays the starter for the next couple of seasons because he's on a decent deal and been our second best OL.

----------------------

Our biggest long term goal needs to be keeping a core of RGIII, Trent, Orakpo, and Kerrigan together as the foundation of our team. Those three fill the three most important positions on the team with top tier caliber talent. We will eventually win a Superbowl with that core intact. If Clady got in the way of that, we shouldn't make that type of move.

This is a very important point. Our FO is being very responsible with the salary structure of our roster. I can't see them overpaying a RT because that means they'll have to bite the bullet somewhere else down the line. QB, LT, OLBs will get huge contracts because those are our priority positions. Everything else will be handled with smart deal, draft picks and depth.

For our offense, RBs and interior OLs are dime a dozen. On defense, the same kind of goes for the secondary, but having at least one elite talent will make the defense special (think of the Steelers secondary with Polomalu as the only star). While WR, RT, DL, ILB are important, they seem to be second tier positions in our system, especially WR with our incorporation of the spread. I expect our WR corps to be addressed with a combination of draft picks and very good, well paid guys, but not the super elite guys. We're building a group like GB, NE, or NO with guys like Jennings, Colston, and Jordy that will get sizable deals, but we won't be targeting an Andre or Calvin Johnson $100 million WR. I think Garcon's deal fits that mold. Having multiple weapons will keep the salary allocation in check since no one will have the opportunity to get the amount of targets necessary to get the mega deal.

I see DL being approached the same way and we're already doing it. Cofield, Bowen, Carriker all on reasonable deals and the young stud in Jenkins. Hopefully we add another young stud and we can re-up those two youngsters in a couple of years on reasonable deals because a DL rotation has kept their snaps/stats from commanding top dollar. I think we're approaching CB the same way. Hall's deal is inflated, but I see him restructuring next summer and hopefully we can get Talib at a great value (due to Raheem/Bruce Allen ties, his behavior track record). We invest in multiple solid corners rather than biggest deal ever to a Revis type.

Safety and ILB are where it gets tricky because I think they approach that position very economically with solid, undervalued vets and mid round draft picks. But if we get a chance at special players like a Ray Lewis or Ed Reed or Polomalu or even Timmons, then we pull the trigger. Having a special player at those positions in our system can possibly vault a team to historically great.

------------------

On Matt Barkley, I agree that he's not the top prospect in this draft. He's probably not even going to be top 5 in terms of talent. I don't think he's a #1 overall type of prospect, but I'd take him in the top ten. There's something to be said for polish, leadership, accuracy, and intelligence. I really see him very similar to Matt Ryan. He won't be the top QB in the league, but he could very well settle into the top 10 QBs in the league. He's a guy you need to put some real weapons around, but that may be a wiser decision that some of the super talented, but raw alternatives. Many times that raw talent is a player's undoing because he tries to do too much and I think FOs sometimes even neglect to put talent around a guy because he's got so much ability. That leads to the guy playing hero ball and cementing bad habits.

If I'm a team like the Cardinals, he's a great guy to have in that warm weather with big targets like Fitz and Floyd. I just wonder if he doesn't fit with Whiz. His system seems to ask a lot of the QB's arm strength. I do think Kolb is a bum, but many of the complaints I've heard seem to focus around his lack of arm strength (and also panicking in the pocket). Whiz likes guys with guns like Warner and Big Ben. I think that's part of why he prefers Skelton.

---------------------------

Finally, I feel like most of the guys on people's wish lists will be gone by the time the Skins pick. Names like Joeckel, Warmack, Margus Hunt, Dallas Thomas, and some of the safeties that have floating around in this thread are already popping up as 1st round candidates. It's a testament to the eye for talent in this thread, but might be pipe dreams to wear the Burgundy and Gold.

I don't think its wise to chase players or positions when building a team.

You look at the team that you have and use the draft and bpa at positions of need to build your team.

Imo top of the line$ FA shuold only be used to put a team over the top or to solve major mistakes/plug holes that couldn't be addressed via the draft.

I think the bulk of FA should be young middle tier FA that are looking for an opportunity.

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 03:13 PM ----------

You draft as many good players as you can.

Signs as many good FA as you can.

Try to keep costs down.

Develop the players in your system and hope they blossom.

Consider Clady, but we're going to have a tough time signing him. Orakpo needs a new contract, and if he explodes during the rest of this year we'll have to shell out money to keep him. If we didn't have the cap penalty, I doubt we'd be discussing this, since someone would have probably already been brought on board, probably Winston.

I think Polumbus is going to get right of first refusal for the spot, unless he really flops hard later in the season. We just don't have the money to chase down a big FA next year, and we're only going to get a starting RT if we HIT on an OT in the 2nd, which won't be easy. And honestly, unless our safety grouping really steps it up (or Jackson gets to come back and is playing great), I'd prefer our 2nd go to a S prospect.

If we're going after a big FA OT, it'll probably be in 2014 FA. Not really sure who's going to be available at this point, we're quite a ways off.

I don't think its wise to chase players or positions when building a team.

You look at the team that you have and use the draft and bpa at positions of need to build your team.

Imo top of the line$ FA shuold only be used to put a team over the top or to solve major mistakes/plug holes that couldn't be addressed via the draft.

I think the bulk of FA should be young middle tier FA that are looking for an opportunity.

I kind of disagree with this philosophy. I think that's part of what got the old regime in trouble. Sometimes it worked out, but we often overpaid guys like Andre Carter, Adam Archuleta, Randle El, and Brandon Lloyd based on what we thought they could do. Contracts tend to get inflated in the FA market so you end up giving a guy a contract that exceeds the value of what he's already accomplished and then hope that guy can outperform the value of that deal. So even a productive guy like Andre Carter came at a pretty penny that's considered a steal if he turns out to be elite, but is likely always a griping point even if the player does what they've always done.

Now I do have to admit that the current regime is making me reconsider because they are consistently getting good performance from those guys like Garcon (so far), Josh Wilson, Cofield, Bowen, Chester. But overall, I think we've set up our roster where we can mostly focus on the draft going forward. So I'd only really want to spend our money on elite talents. We have enough depth that we don't have to go to FA to fill holes, we should only sign a guy if he's a significant upgrade at the position.

That said, the guys I'm looking at next March are Talib and Reggie Bush. I think they both can come for cheap and be special in our systems on offense and defense.

P.S. Old regime also messed up a lot with trades more than FA signings. Jason Taylor and Pete Kendall and even Jason Campbell would've hurt a lot less if we hadn't lost 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders. Same thing with this regime getting McNabb and Jammal Brown. The key is to stay away from trading picks. Unless its for RGIII :)

I'm sure it has been discussed, but did yall see my boy Jarvis Jones dominate Missouri? Dude is a beast. Top 5 pick it looks like.

I was saying that earlier, best defender maybe even all around player in the draft. I hope he goes to a team I like and not to a division rival. He is a complete monster.

And let me throw in the annual - "Who can we look at at ILB to take over when Fletcher retires?"

I know he's immortal. Are we thinking that ILB from Texas (?) we drafted this past year is the guy? Man I wish Fletcher was 25!

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 04:06 PM ----------

I was saying that earlier, best defender maybe even all around player in the draft. I hope he goes to a team I like and not to a division rival. He is a complete monster.

Being a (somewhat) reasonable UGA fan, I came into this season skeptical of all the praise. I've tended to be REALLY down on my Dawgs the past couple of years, so I wasn't expecting much from him when I kept hearing he was a Top 5 draft pick prospect. But I'll eat crow on this one. He's explosive as hell for sure.

Archived