Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

skins1206

Played MW2 today, what a different feel than BO2. Man, the tube is abused still. Danger close, One Man Army. Thing is EVERYWHERE. Forget using ACOG on LMGs, the kick sucks for any range. Wasn't getting Commando knifed too much, more annoying were the snipers. Not as blatantly ridiculous as BO2, but still a quickscoping-friendly feel.

The Harrier is insane. Airstrike + hyperactive minigun + shoots **** down + makes stingers whiff a good amount. Whatever man, this game and I never got along. The graphics are awesome, love the style of the points popping up on the screen. The gameplay drives me insane.

Ended the month with a 609 spm in domination. Roughly 2,300 kills and 700 deaths. Ranked in the top 2,000. Pretty good! Switched to the Vector with fast mags, silencer and stock. Fuggin great for HC. Just ADS and strafe around corners. Damn things amazing.

Anyone buy the map pack? Stadium from Black Ops 1 is back...I'm mulling over getting it.

• 2 weeks later...

^^  stroker, you're one sexy SOB.  LOL @ the knife fail from 29 to 34 mark, then win at 35.

i guess nobody else really plans this game much anymore, especially now that GTA dropped.

Had a solid run last night with the PS3 crew, lots of laughs and ownage.  went 29-2 on Cove with 9 caps.  by far my favorite map of the latest pack.  really looking forward to the origins pack.  probably take friday off next week to defecate on the new maps.

Yeah, ill prolly get GTA. Haven't played one all the way through since Vice City. The thing is, I'm a sucker for COD, GTA will only get so much playing time. Is it really all that frickin different from GTA 3? Graphics I know are better, but is the gameplay way better?

As far as Blops2, my xbox broke again and I've been procrastinating on fixing it. Finally worked on it last night. Good ole disc reading problem again. This is the most broken ass xbox that still works. I accidentally cracked the piece that keeps the disc in place. I still tried it and I heard a loud SNAP when the disc started spinning. At that point I thought it was time to get a new Xbox. But even with the piece broken off, I tried it one more time. Now the damn thing works, it reads discs again. I work magic, what can I say?

It's DXP weekend and Cosmicwarrior wants to hit master prestige before Ghosts comes out, so we'll probably get some gaming in.

Finally played a healthy session of HC Dom after a couple weeks of not playing. Got my ass kicked at first, but then went 7 games in a row above 50 kills. Best game was 78-8 on Hijacked, which is definitely one of my favorite maps now. The spawn system on that map was absolutely wack when the game first came out. Literally the worst spawns I've ever seen in any COD. Now it's a blast.

Peacekeeper is about to pass the PDW as my most-used weapon. Funny how I barely remember using the PDW. You'd have to pay me to play core mode in this game. Shotguns and quickscoping rifles are virtually non-existant in HC. It's beautiful, it saved this game for me. The drawback is that rushing in HC gets you blasted by your own teammates quite often. Using lightweight and flying around corners scares the **** outta whoever is there, teammate or enemy. I can sometimes predict a teammate killing me right before I wrap around a corner. I'm like, "watch my own dude's gonna kill me." And BAM, I'm right. I will only get people back if they suck and aren't helping, but first I like to run up in their faces and block their view. After 5 seconds I knife 'em, hopefully making them realize they SUCK and should return their entire XBOX to the store.

LOL stroker bro, that's the only reason i don't like HC.  the team killing.  but i might try it again this weekend.

map pack drops for us PS3 peasants today, so i'm off tomorrow to get some run in.

looking foward to the maps....review coming this weekend.  i'm already tipsy.  ;)

I didn't get the maps, screw it. Now that I'm playing so much HC mode it's pointless cuz the map pack-exclusive lobbies are core-only. TDM core is cool, better than HC, but I'm sick of it right now. Plus, I love playing Firing Range all the time. Map comes up the most, TBH. It's like how often Slums or Standoff pops up, maybe a little more.

When you play HC, Dexterity is an absolute must. It takes 1 shot to kill most the time, a ton of kills come down to reaction time. The UAV is God in HC mode. Even if everyone on their team is using Ghost, at LEAST you can see the positions of your teammates. And since the UAV is so popular in HC, I think Ghost is a must to run as well. Here's my trusty ole HC setup:

Peacekeeper

Silencer

Fast Mags

Ghost

Lightweight

Cold-Blooded

Dexterity

Tact Mask

On hc I run

Peacekeeper

Long barrel

Light weight/hard line

Toughness

Tack mask/marathon

Semtex.

I think I'm not sure if I have enough points for both. Always have tack mask though.

Toughness isn't good at all for HC, it's almost completely ineffective. It minimizes the kick from getting hit by bullets, but you only take 1, maybe 2 shots to die. It could be the most useless perk in HC.

Toughness isn't good at all for HC, it's almost completely ineffective. It minimizes the kick from getting hit by bullets, but you only take 1, maybe 2 shots to die. It could be the most useless perk in HC.

I agree with you on theory but i don't know I play words without toughness. My default class was no tier 3 perk with a combo of 1 and 3 but I don't do as well.

I turned CODcaster volume all the way down in the options menu, and the game is suddenly way less of a mindf***. Everything the radio guy says is gone, ie. "UAV inbound", "Losing B", "We've taken the lead". You gotta have a little more awareness to assess situations on your own, but it's worth not having that voice constantly reeling off updates.

• 2 weeks later...

Played a decent amount a few days ago. 22 days 'til Ghosts comes out, so I want to get a lot of COD in. 618 SPM for the month. In my first 5 games I maintained a 700+ SPM running solo, girlfriend wasn't even playing. In hardcore domination, I never really bust out giant ratios, it's definitely a lot more steady. Getting 1.5 to 3.0 K/Ds like clockwork. My 2.11 overall ratio seems set in stone if I don't play a lot of TDM in the next 3 weeks. I'm totally ready to rank these maps from best to worst, will get on that next time I play.

man....im not proud of it, but i took down my rg3 clan tag and redskins emblem.

was getting hate mail and nasty comments all day about how rg3 sucks. and it hurt my feelings because redskins do suck so theres nothing i could say in return lol. just told everybody to eat **** and die.

Less than 3 weeks, I'm getting some Dom in tonight or tomorrow night. Will miss this game, maps weren't all that bad.

1) Studio

2) Slums

3) Standoff

4) Hijacked (the unpatched version was horrible)

5) Cove

6) Vertigo

7) Plaza

8) Rush

9) Meltdown

10) Detour

11) Yemen

12) Overflow

13) Uplink

14) Grind

15) Express

16) Raid