Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

Alright guys. Championship week in my keeper, 1/2 PPR league. Trying to decide my two RBs and flex.

I've got DeMarco Murray, Deangelo Williams, Law Firm, David Wilson and Garcon. I also have Shady/Brown, but don't trust either one in the first game of a timeshare, and our rush defense is stingy.

I figure Murray is a must start.

Bradshaw looks to be a gametime decision against Balt's leaky run defense. If he's out, Wilson could be in line for a big day, but I might not know by 1:00. They play at 430 and none of my other options have late games.

Jonathan Stewart still isn't practicing and will probably be out. Which should mean a heavy workload for DWilly against a crappy Oakland team. Juicy matchup.

Law firm with a tough matchup. He's been rolling lately though.

Garcon has obviously been killing it lately. And I expect Griff to have a big day. But hard to start a WR in front of a RB. Philly might bracket him all day and take a strategy of trying to force Griff to hold the ball longer and move on to his 2nd and 3rd reads.

So...

Murray/Williams (assuming Stewart out) and Wilson if Bradshaw has been ruled out? And if Bradshaw's status is still unknown then, I don't know. I'm thinking Garcon over law firm.

I am in the second round of the playoffs after being on a bye last week. I am going against a guy that has A Peterson, P. Manning, R. Wayne, Mike Wallace, and Chris Johnson. I have had injuries that forced me to the waiver wire. My not so ideal options for needing 2 WR (PPR league) this week:

Golden Tate @ SF

Brandon Gibson @ SEA

Moss @ PHL

Jeremy Kerley (w/new QB) @ SD

B. Stokley @ CLE

Also, I have Gronkowski on the shelf, but it appears he is a game time decision this week. Should I start him over B. Myers-OAK @ CAR if he is active?

TIA

Wow man....:ols:...good luck.

I would prob go with Moss and Stokley....but if either guy were to get 50 yards or a score i would be surprised.

I am in the second round of the playoffs after being on a bye last week. I am going against a guy that has A Peterson, P. Manning, R. Wayne, Mike Wallace, and Chris Johnson. I have had injuries that forced me to the waiver wire. My not so ideal options for needing 2 WR (PPR league) this week:

Golden Tate @ SF

Brandon Gibson @ SEA

Moss @ PHL

Jeremy Kerley (w/new QB) @ SD

B. Stokley @ CLE

Also, I have Gronkowski on the shelf, but it appears he is a game time decision this week. Should I start him over B. Myers-OAK @ CAR if he is active?

TIA

Go with Brandon Myers at TE. Oak is likely to be playing catch-up and he should get plenty of targets. With those WR's you could just pick 2 names out of a hat(j/k). But honesly I'd roll with Brandon Gibson(they play the Vikings) and 'Tana. Tough choices to make

Somebody talk me out of benching Roddy White for Pierre Garcon please. I know whatever choice I make will be the wrong one

I'm doing the same thing with Julio Jones in my Championship game. Also going gut and starting RG3 over Brees. Go big or go home. If Griffin to Garcon goes for 2 or 3 TDs I'll be rolling over my opponent. If Garcon doesn't do much I'm screwed.

I'm doing the same thing with Julio Jones in my Championship game. Also going gut and starting RG3 over Brees. Go big or go home. If Griffin to Garcon goes for 2 or 3 TDs I'll be rolling over my opponent. If Garcon doesn't do much I'm screwed.

Thats the thing. I dont think I need a monster game to win. Which makes Roddy the safer play, but I have a hunch that Garcon is going to light it up, and White hasn't really been that good the past 5 weeks. Garcon has been way better.

I hate championship week

Thats the thing. I dont think I need a monster game to win. Which makes Roddy the safer play, but I have a hunch that Garcon is going to light it up, and White hasn't really been that good the past 5 weeks. Garcon has been way better.

I hate championship week

In terms of consistency Garcon is probably safer than White at this point. His "healthy" games this year have been incredibly good, he always leads the team in targets, and he can break off big plays to rack up serious points.

Damnit, this isnt helping. Roddy White's last five

vs NYG- 2 catches, 16 yards- 5 targets

vs Car- 9 for 117, 11 targets and a touchdown

vs NO- 1 for 20, 7 targets

vs tampa- 5 for 57, 7 targets

vs Arizona- 8 for 123, 13 targets

So his five game average is 5 for 66- 8 targets

Now Garcon

Cleveland- 6 for 65, 12 targets

Baltimore- 5 for 83, 9 targets (TD)

Giants- 8 for 106, 11 targets (td)

Dallas- 4 for 86, 6 targets (TD)

Philly- 3 for 5, 3 targets

Garcon's 5 game average is 5 for 68, with 8 targets. Take out the Philly game (which was his first one back) and its 5.75 for 85 with 9 targets. Plus TDs in 3 of 4.

****, Garcon is the move. But at least now I know its not a homer pick and the numbers help back it up.

I am so not comfortable with my receiver situation...having a really hard time.

Crabtree @ Seattle

Colston @ Dallas

Cruz @ Baltimore

Josh Gordon @ Denver

running backs i have:

arian foster vs Vikings

Marshawn Lynch vs 49ers

Morris @ Eagles

Marshawn is averaging 11 YPC the last 3 weeks, and 4 TDs in the last 2 games. but against the 49ers defense, I'm gonna just go Morris and Foster...sit Lynch...which is hard.

Crabtree @ Seattle

Colston @ Dallas

Cruz @ Baltimore

Josh Gordon @ Denver

running backs i have:

arian foster vs Vikings

Marshawn Lynch vs 49ers

Morris @ Eagles

Marshawn is averaging 11 YPC the last 3 weeks, and 4 TDs in the last 2 games. but against the 49ers defense, I'm gonna just go Morris and Foster...sit Lynch...which is hard.

i'd go with colston and cruz for your WR.

the seahawks are going to need to control the clock against the 9ers.... lots of beast mode, imo. do you play with a WR/RB option spot? i'd go with lynch over any of your other two WR options... but that's a no brainer.

running back question:

i have:

foster vs. MIN

murray vs. NO

moreno vs. CLE

leshore vs. ATL

they are currently in order of what i'm thinking... am i off base here? i'll be playing 3 of the 4.

Thats what I would do. Leshore is the weakest of the four.

Crabtree @ Seattle

Colston @ Dallas

Cruz @ Baltimore

Josh Gordon @ Denver

running backs i have:

arian foster vs Vikings

Marshawn Lynch vs 49ers

Morris @ Eagles

It's REALLY hard for me to sit Lynch as well. But it's really hard to sit any of those three.

As for your WR's, is it PPR? If it is, I go Crabtree and Cruz. If it's not, I go Colston and Cruz. You can predict catches better than TD's, and I see that Seattle/SF game being a low scoring affair. But I do know that Kap loves throwing to Crabtree, so he's a must in a PPR.

And for me, I think I'm benching Sproles at flex and playing Roddy and Garcon.

@ DCHogs @ Heid, my leauge is NOT PPR, and there is no flex. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 1 TE, IDP.

20 yards receiving = 1 point

15 yds rushing = 1 point

I feel crazy for benching Lynch, he's the reason I'm in the superbowl. But the 9ers have the #1 rush defense in the NFL...of course watch beast mode go off for 120 and 2 TDs. I like Morris against a defeated eagles team, and I like Arian Foster againt the Vikings (though they're solid against the run too)

Need to choose 2 RBs, 2 WRs and one flex from this group:

0.5 PPR

Currently I have:

WR Jeremy Maclin WAS - crap shoot with the QB and the Skins secondary

WR Greg Jennings TEN - with Nelson out should have a good shot

RB Jamaal Charles IND

RB Darren McFadden @Car

W/R/T Stevan Ridley @Jac

And these guys on the bench. Any changes and why? Gates is my TE with Gronk on the bench.

Anquan Boldin vs NYG - Smith is quaestionable but Boldin is up and down

Josh Gordon @ Den - likely matchup with Champ Bailey

Hakeem Nicks @ Bal - iffy this year and Eli has sucked a fair amount too recently

Mike Thomas vs ATL - doesn't do much even though he's starting opposite Megatron

Need to choose 2 RBs, 2 WRs and one flex from this group:

0.5 PPR

Currently I have:

WR Jeremy Maclin WAS - crap shoot with the QB and the Skins secondary

WR Greg Jennings TEN - with Nelson out should have a good shot

RB Jamaal Charles IND

RB Darren McFadden @Car

W/R/T Stevan Ridley @Jac

And these guys on the bench. Any changes and why? Gates is my TE with Gronk on the bench.

Anquan Boldin vs NYG - Smith is quaestionable but Boldin is up and down

Josh Gordon @ Den - likely matchup with Champ Bailey

Hakeem Nicks @ Bal - iffy this year and Eli has sucked a fair amount too recently

Mike Thomas vs ATL - doesn't do much even though he's starting opposite Megatron

I would say you have the best lineup set...

---------- Post added December-22nd-2012 at 04:56 PM ----------

You are benching Julio? Who are your other WRs?

Ok championship game I would like an opinion on my rb and wr.

WR choose 2 of 3

Colston vs Dallas

Cecil shorts vs Patriots

Amendola vs Bucs

RB choose 2 of 3

Moreno Vs Browns

Steven Jackson vs Bucs

David Wilson vs ravens

Colston and shorfs....moreno and wilson

Ok championship game I would like an opinion on my rb and wr.

WR choose 2 of 3

Colston vs Dallas

Cecil shorts vs Patriots

Amendola vs Bucs

RB choose 2 of 3

Moreno Vs Browns

Steven Jackson vs Bucs

David Wilson vs ravens

Colston and Amendola (if its PPR). I could see Shorts getting some garbage pts though, because they are likely gonna be down big.

The last one is easy. Moreno, easily. And if Bradshaw is back, you gotta go with Jackson. Even though he's facing a good run D.

Archived