Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012 Fantasy Football Thread

MattFancy

I think you should consider playing again next year. The NFL is great on its own merit. But playing fantasy football just makes it all the more better.

You're just burned out, because I think you said you were the commissioner all those years and that you had to use a pencil and paper to add up your scores each week. If I were in your shoes, I'd be burned out, too. You gotta get in a league next year where the scoring is done automatically. You and all your buddies can all join up at free yahoo site, or at a site that pays out cash.

Doing it on paper and pencil (technically on score sheets on the computer) never bothered me. It was 22 years of having to keep up with everything. I'm actually looking forward to "just watching football" and not having to check stats all the time.

We never played for money, just fun, a trophy and bragging rights. I'm think I'd get an ulcer playing for cash. I had so much fun with it over the years. Actually, the draft was my favorite time of the year. I think that's when you show your true muscle and knowledge. I won 9 out of 22 years. So all in all, I didn't do bad. I'm looking forward to relaxing and not having to root for Jason Witten to get me points anymore.

In the league I commission, we just had a tie in the divisional round of the playoffs. The default ESPN tie breaker is higher seeding advances, but I don't really like that. I don't like bench scoring advances either because I feel like you shouldn't get credit for players on your bench. Anyone have any other ideas? I'd like it to be something that's grounded in the playoffs, not season head-to-head or anything.

In the league I commission, we just had a tie in the divisional round of the playoffs. The default ESPN tie breaker is higher seeding advances, but I don't really like that. I don't like bench scoring advances either because I feel like you shouldn't get credit for players on your bench. Anyone have any other ideas? I'd like it to be something that's grounded in the playoffs, not season head-to-head or anything.

I think you gotta go with the default higher seed one. Unless you had something in place before the season, you can't change it now. Especially in the playoffs.

Made the playoffs in my 3 leagues and made the final in 2 of them. I need input/advice on who people would start this week. My opponent has Ridley, so I picked up Woodhead just to mess with him after it seems Ridley got benched for fumbling. Indianapolis D is out there and they face KC. I mostly need help with my flex and D. Keep Seattle in there (they play SF) or go with San Diego against the Jets? At Flex I was thinking about moving Sproles to RB2 and plugging Amendola in. Dwyer?

Evil Robots

QB Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)

WR Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)

WR Steve Smith (Car - WR)

RB Alfred Morris (Was - RB)

RB Bryce Brown (Phi - RB)

TE Jimmy Graham (NO - TE)

W/R/T Darren Sproles (NO - RB)

K Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)

DEF Seattle (Sea - DEF)

BN Jonathan Dwyer (Pit - RB)

BN Denarius Moore (Oak - WR)

BN Danny Amendola (StL - WR)

BN Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)

BN Danny Woodhead (NE - RB)

BN San Diego (SD - DEF)

Do you guys use fractional scoring? We went to that a few years ago when we had a tie in our Superbowl and the default tie breaker was team with the most TDs.

You have to go fractional. We have custom scoring as well, but fractional makes it so there is almost never a tie and you never have to deal with this again.

Fractional worked for me last night. won by .25 points

Sorry to mention it again, I'm cloud 9'ing this morning. :)

WOW! So in my dynasty league i was just offered RGIII and Vincent Jackson for AP.....thinking im gonna do it. My WR's would be Calvin, Juilo Jones and Jackson....my RB's going into next season would be Morris, Bush, Leshore, K. Hunter, R. Hillman...what do you think?

My QB right now is Ryan and Kaepernick...thinking i could trade Kap for another RB...should add i have Ingram, Mendenhall, Dwyer and Ivory also...so i have a lot of backs. I like that Mendenhall, Ivory and Bush are all FA's and have a good chance of catching on with another team next season..

for the superbowl...

Alfred morris @ Eagles

Marshawn Lynch vs 49ers

Arian Foster vs Vikings

I'm thinknig Morris and Foster. after Peterson, Lynch is probably the best back in the NFL right now, and he's been on fire lately. But that 49er defense scares me..

.75 ppr

Both have good match ups (Wayne vs KC, Murray vs. NO)

Wayne has slowed way down the last month.

Yeah Wayne has definitely not been the same since Hilton started playing well. I think I'd lean Murray just because I expect a bunch of points in that one and Murray has looked solid since coming back from injury.

WOW! So in my dynasty league i was just offered RGIII and Vincent Jackson for AP.....thinking im gonna do it. My WR's would be Calvin, Juilo Jones and Jackson....my RB's going into next season would be Morris, Bush, Leshore, K. Hunter, R. Hillman...what do you think?

My QB right now is Ryan and Kaepernick...thinking i could trade Kap for another RB...

FYq7M.gif%20

Dude that is the best trade I think I have ever seen. I think AP is going to have a dramatic drop next year. And you can trade Kap for a RB too? :ols: You will run the league with that roster for at least the next two years....

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

for the superbowl...

Alfred morris @ Eagles

Marshawn Lynch vs 49ers

Arian Foster vs Vikings

I'm thinknig Morris and Foster. after Peterson, Lynch is probably the best back in the NFL right now, and he's been on fire lately. But that 49er defense scares me..

What's wrong with you Chewy. How dare you disrespect AP like that....

But I would go with Morris and Foster as well. I think all three will have a good game, I just think Foster and Morris will be better.

Reggie Wayne or DeMarco Murray?

Demarco is a beast. Gotta start him, he is going to get his.

CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK(s) Opinions Sought

RB- I have Forte and Morris penciled in starting, right now have Ridley at Flex against a weak Jacksonville.

But I also have Moreno who has a decent match up against the Browns. Figure Ridley has a high upside this week but might see if workload limited a bit if he’s still being punished for his fumbles against SF. Looking for thoughts here.

WR- Going with Cobb, debating between Julio Jones and Pierre Garcon. Julio is overdue for a mediocre performance based on historical trends, and I think Garcon should continue to see the lion’s share of targets regardless of whether RG3 or Cousins is QB (I suspect it will be Griffin). Looking for opinions here.

QB- going with Brees @ Dallas regardless of whether RG3 plays. I think.

TE- Hernandez

D/ST- Chargers against the Sanchez/Tebow turnover machine

K- Rolling with Tynes

Yea, i think thats a must take trade....little worried that AP will have like 5 more monster years tho...he's only 27...will have to think about it :ols:

You would think his knee wouldn't be able to hold up that long... But yesterday this reporter said AP might be on PEDs. It's the only way he could comeback that fast. I think it's absurd, but it's a possibility. :D

QB- going with Brees @ Dallas regardless of whether RG3 plays. I think.

I've got a similar problem. I have Brees and Romo sits to pee. Brees going against an injured Dallas defense, and Romo sits to pee going against New orleans' god awful secondary. But my gut is telling me to stick with Brees...

Archived