Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

buffalonews.com: Bills eager to welcome RG3 to the NFL

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/08/bills-want-to-welcome-rg3-to-the-nfl.html

Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins starters will be on the field for about a quarter of Thursday night's exhibition opener in Ralph Wilson Stadium. The main purpose is to get a safe taste of game action while ramping up for the regular season.

But within that brief window, Bills defenders will race to deliver Robert Griffin III's welcome to the NFL moment.

"Maybe so," Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams said with a smile. "But I think the hard thing about giving him that moment is going to be catching him. Maybe that's something for the leaner guys -- unless he's just not looking."

RG3 is one of the NFL's fascinating young quarterbacks, an off-the-charts athlete. The Redskins drafted him third overall out of Baylor, where he won last season's Heisman Trophy.

"I told him I was coming for him," Bills defensive end Mario Williams said. He and Griffin have the same agent, Ben Dogra of CAA. "He knows I'll be looking for him, but it's all fun.

"It's the preseason, so it's actually better for him to get hit earlier than later, so it's not a shock."

Kyle Williams doesn't expect Redskins play-callers to make it easy for Bills pass-rushers to tee off. The Redskins won't feed their star prospect to the drooling wolves.

I don't expect much out of RGIII in this game. It's already been put out 12-20 plays. I think the Shannys already know what they're looking for. I'm thinking first and foremost is OL. How they function as a unit and weak links. I'm hoping to see LeReibus and Gettis get some action.

Archived