Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

You think they should have HEARINGS and EXPERTS weigh in on a MTP?  All of those things can still happen regarding the future of healthcare.  None of them COULD have happened without a MTP.

EIGHT YEARS @Kilmer17 they had EIGHT YEARS!

God knows they didn't do a damned thing but obstruct that whole time...and that's obvious now.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

10 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

You folks are really this "upset" about the Senate voting to proceed with debate?

Really?

Yup. Do we even know what we're debating? The process was disgraceful. The motivation is disgraceful. Every piece of policy they've put forward has been disgraceful. They are gonna jam this bull**** in there with a crowbar though.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

You think they should have HEARINGS and EXPERTS weigh in on a MTP?  All of those things can still happen regarding the future of healthcare.  None of them COULD have happened without a MTP.

Huh?

The normal process is hearings/expert testimony well before there is a motion to proceed on a bill. Here they are voting to proceed on a bill already constructed and that was constructed without a single hearing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I don't think that's true.  At all.  I hope I'm wrong.  I think a MTP does exactly the opposite - it prevents hearings and experts by putting a "debate" limit of 20 hours and then a final vote.  Typically those hearings and experts happen at the committee level, and McConnell has completely bypassed that process with this MTP.  

I may have the parliamentary process wrong here - I hope so.  

Just now, bcl05 said:

I don't think that's true.  At all.  I hope I'm wrong.  I think a MTP does exactly the opposite - it prevents hearings and experts by putting a "debate" limit of 20 hours and then a final vote.  Typically those hearings and experts happen at the committee level, and McConnell has completely bypassed that process with this MTP.  

I may have the parliamentary process wrong here - I hope so.  

If the GOP can convince 2 of the 4 to change, then this could be the end.  But as of now, all 4 are remaining no votes.

This is just a way to protect the GOP Senators at home.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

WHEN they shove this through with Pence as the de iding vote will you admit you were wrong?

Wrong about what?  Wrong that the left wing here and in this country have gone completely off the rails?  Not until I've seen proof of it.  Every single thing the GOP and Trump does is seen as the end of times here.  

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Cry wolf.

I'm not sure you understand what took place today. They didn't pass the MTP so they can now have hearings. That's the opposite of how it works. Many of us had hoped for a real process to fix problems. 

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

If the GOP can convince 2 of the 4 to change, then this could be the end.  But as of now, all 4 are remaining no votes.

Right, so instead of doing something constructive, they do this nonsense. Some of us want to see improvements in health care. Not what is currently taking place. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

I HOPE you're right.

But nothing so far gives me reason for more than that....hope.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

Wrong about what?  Wrong that the left wing here and in this country have gone completely off the rails?  Not until I've seen proof of it.  Every single thing the GOP and Trump does is seen as the end of times here.  

Wrong about shoving it through. Stop trying to divert the topic.

Just now, Hersh said:

I'm not sure you understand what took place today. They didn't pass the MTP so they can now have hearings. That's the opposite of how it works. Many of us had hoped for a real process to fix problems. 

Right, so instead of doing something constructive, they do this nonsense. Some of us want to see improvements in health care. Not what is currently taking place. 

No, I understand completely.  I just see the political angle that most of you are missing.

There's no way in hell Collins or Paul are going to change.  So both Lee and Moran are going to switch?  AND not lose Johnson or another one?  

5 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

No, I understand completely.  I just see the political angle that most of you are missing.

If you understand completely then you should be aware that it is pretty serious. Playing politics to CYA at this point is silly as they invited this **** on themselves in the first ****ing place. 

The correct answer is, and always has been, to fix Obamacare. Yet because of petty political games, here we are. You are so busy trying to prove some kind of emotional (?) high ground that you arnt getting the entire picture. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If you understand completely then you should be aware that it is pretty serious. Playing politics to CYA at this point is silly as they invited this **** on themselves in the first ****ing place. 

The correct answer is, and always has been, to fix Obamacare. Yet because of petty political games, here we are. You are so busy trying to prove some kind of emotional (?) high ground that you arnt getting the entire picture. 

Good thing it's only the GOP that plays political games right.

If Republicans wanted an actual political win that would help their constituents and the country, they'd start taking up the debate on single payer health coverage. That has a ton of bi-partisan support. Instead, they'd rather dick around and put out two or three dog **** plans with terrible CBO scores, and try to ram it through for some political victory at the expense of the very people they were elected to serve. I don't see how they could possibly look themselves in the mirror and think throwing millions of health coverage is a good idea. It ****ing baffles me.

I really wish Republicans would stop ****ing over the country for political reasons, and do something worthwhile. I mean, for ****'s sake, they could score political points by making positive changes to the current law. Then they could spout off that "hey, Obamacare was dog ****, but we fixed it, lowered premiums. Vote for us during the midterms." This is all besides the point they've had 8 years to come up with a better proposal. What were they doing all that time?

Christ they are all idiots.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Republicans, ladies and gentlemen lol. 

And yall wonder why we are ****ed. 

I agree we're ****ed.  I'm just smart enough to realize one side isnt solely to blame.  Enjoy your glass house.