Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Robert Griffin III needs dose of reality mixed with adulation

SpacePenguin.com: NFL.com reporter needs to work on writing skills

See, I made a valid point...something this article is missing. It only took one sentence.

This article reads like a senior citizen scrapbooked some quotes from the press conference, then just rambled on. It's almost comedic, even the title is contradictory lol...

The article reminds me of this:

Did she even touch on the "dose of reality" thing she mentioned in the title of the article? If she did, I completely missed it. This article and what the writer was trying to convey to her audience was incongruously written and thoroughly enigmatic. WTF.

Don Banks suggested the same sort of thing in a recent article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/05/21/robert-griffin-redskins/index.html

Is this an inside meme that's going around among reporters or something? It literally takes 5 seconds to do a google image search for Griffin and see pictures of him wearing a glove when playing at Baylor.

The profession that has the lowest average SAT scores is.... Journalism

---------- Post added May-23rd-2012 at 11:16 AM ----------

Did she even touch on the "dose of reality" thing she mentioned in the title of the article? If she did, I completely missed it. This article and what the writer was trying to convey to her audience was incongruously written and thoroughly enigmatic. WTF.

I agree. Great point. BTW... love the gif in your signature!!

I think she's in love with him and wants to have his babies.

Yes...but who doesn't!

If a guy has sex with RGIII it doesn't make him gay (not that there's anything wrong with that), it makes him more of a MAN! Like in Ancient Greece.

:ols: @ all the responses lol...

For what it's worth, I'm assuming that:

- The "dose of reality" was probably supposed to be hazing of some sort or another...

And typically, writers do not create their own titles, so it may not have been her choice.

I agree. Great point. BTW... love the gif in your signature!!

HAHA. Thanks! :)

---------- Post added May-23rd-2012 at 06:28 PM ----------

I think she's in love with him and wants to have his babies.

She did appear to be incredibly enamored of him. She just couldn't get around to saying anything negative, given the fact that she was writing about the Redskins. ;)

And typically, writers do not create their own titles, so it may not have been her choice.

If that were the case, given how all over the place the article is, I would honestly be curious to know what she would have used as a title. "Robert Griffin III over with window pancakes and unlucky without rocktime. So what." By Aditi Kinkhabwala.

HAHA. Thanks! :)

---------- Post added May-23rd-2012 at 06:28 PM ----------

She did appear to be incredibly enamored of him. She just couldn't get around to saying anything negative, given the fact that she was writing about the Redskins. ;)

It says authentic made that compliment on your sig... but it was actually me... that was weird... (I know, off topic, but wonder why?)

She makes a slick comment about how he's really wearing the glove to help his grip as he transitions to under the center snaps, but he wore the same glove in college. It wouldn't have been hard to research that. Weak article.

He idolized Michael Jackson growing up and that is why he said he wears the glove on his left hand.

From the picture of the writer it looks like she might be just some beauty over brain. :ols:

Archived