Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Grade the Redskins 2012 Draft

E-Dog Night

Draft gets a total F ...

We didn't address the following positions: TE, C, DE, NT, OLB, WR, S

Compare that to the positions we addressed: QB, RB, OT, OG, CB, ILB

and you see clearly we addressed less positions than there are positions.

Therefore, we failed.

uhhh i think we're pretty good for the TE position with Fred Davis and Chris Cooley, atleast for next season. same with WR. Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, Leonard Hankerson, Brandon Banks. And hey, we got some offensive linemen that fit our scheme. are you seriously giving the draft an F, even after getting RG3..?

uhhh i think we're pretty good for the TE position with Fred Davis and Chris Cooley, atleast for next season. same with WR. Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan, Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, Leonard Hankerson, Brandon Banks. And hey, we got some offensive linemen that fit our scheme. are you seriously giving the draft an F, even after getting RG3..?

I kinda feel bad for you right now. :(

Getting three first round guys and a second rounder, instead of getting RG3 with the pick we traded for...... hard to measure up to.

Any one of those 1st rounders, including this year's, might have given us a franchise QB, if we're talking just potential.

My point is, the RG3 pick hurt this year losing the #2. But losing the next two #1 picks will hurt more.

That's the price you pay for being able to get a great QB prospect. Would you rather have Grossman and Tannehill? I sure wouldn't.

sarcasmmeter.jpg

B- for me

didn't like the 3rd round pick only because we could have gotten him later, other than that solid, but not great for the time being

no, we couldn't have. reports were KC was taking him if we hadn't.

RG3 makes the draft an automatic A, 3 OL who all fit ZBS reinforces that

Trade implies we give up something to get there.

Backup QBs almost never get #1s in trade. People went ga-ga for Flynn and Kolb, and neither one of them was traded for a #1.

Flynn was a former 7th rounder and was a free agent. Obviously the Packers won't get something for him.

Kolb threw for more INTs than TDs and got a 2nd rounder and DRC.

Cousins if he shows enough can pull in a first rounder the way this league is going.

Okay - so on a case by case basis who would have drafted instead that would have made your draft grade an "A"? Only RG3 seems to be a concensus "A" pick. Everyone else is graded by you all ES experts as "B" or lower. What would have made it a perfect "A" at each pick.

I'm not entirely sure why anyone would feel threatened by the Cousins pick. Yes, it was a pick that was very unexpected but I don't see how this has anything to do with a possible QB controversy. Everyone knows that RG3 is the guy and the thought of developing another QB to be his backup gives me a better feeling than having Grossman still in the fold long term.

It's funny how most of the players people are complaining that we didn't take and were "better players" than LeRib, or than Cousins...pretty much all, universally, fell in the draft.

Boykin fell to the middle of the fourth. Minnifield wasn't drafted at all. Dennard fell, Antonio Allen didn't get touched, Zerbie fell, Massie fell, Miller fell. All this so-called talent that we just couldn't pass up when we "reached" for our guys, and pretty much all of them fell into the round AFTER we picked up our guys.

So what people are essentially saying is, not only are the Redskins stupid for not drafting certain people where they were "supposed to be drafted", but pretty much every general manager and scouting department in the NFL are ALSO stupid for not drafting certain guys.

Funny how that turned out...

Eh. People been complaining that we haven't drafted OL for over a decade.

We draft 3 OL, they complain that we should have drafted DBs.

Our last two picks are DBs , and they're still mad.

Because it isn't about not drafting a certain position; it's about not drafting who they want, where they want.

That's the price you pay for being able to get a great QB prospect. Would you rather have Grossman and Tannehill? I sure wouldn't.
It would be Tannehill, whoever we got in the second round (someone like Janoris Jenkins or a really good OL or LB). And a blue-chip player expected to start next draft, and another blue-chip player expected to start the year after that that, possibly a QB if Tannehill busts.

I really hope RG3 works out, but if this was another team last in it's division that made this trade, (Oakland, Bucs, Jaguars) I wouldn't call it an automatic "A".

Belichick drafted Ryan Mallett. He was a guy projected to be a 1st round pick and the ESPN talking heads didn't question it at all when the Pats drafted him. It was immediately thought of as a "trade bait" pick, development, etc.

The Skins immediately get questioned and attacked for the Cousins pick. ESPN & the NFLN couldn't wait to rip into the Skins. Mayock is the one that didn't have a problem with the pick.

Cousins is insurance, is a leader, will develop here, and he will most likely be dealt down the road for picks.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/57913/competition-already-for-robert-griffin-iii

:ols:

RG3 alone makes it an A.

Seriously though....I would give this draft an A simply because of our top pick. Highest franchise quarterback we have ever drafted, it's going to be fun. I didn't really dig the Cousins pick but If we get a third round pick or better back for him in a few years I guess it could be a success. I like the other guys we drafted, especially getting three offensive linemen but I won't pretend to really know much about any of them myself.

Eh. People been complaining that we haven't drafted OL for over a decade.

We draft 3 OL, they complain that we should have drafted DBs.

Our last two picks are DBs , and they're still mad.

Sad but true. We draft a Tackle and people want a Guard. Draft a Center? Then we should have drafted a CB. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It would be Tannehill, whoever we got in the second round (someone like Janoris Jenkins or a really good OL or LB). And a blue-chip player expected to start next draft, and another blue-chip player expected to start the year after that that, possibly a QB if Tannehill busts.

I really hope RG3 works out, but if this was another team last in it's division that made this trade, (Oakland, Bucs, Jaguars) I wouldn't call it an automatic "A".

We still came out of this draft with, what...9 players? Those guys can't be really good players?

Complaining about the RG3 trade at this point is dead and buried. He's already our player. We can't project the "shoulda, coulda, wouldas" and what-ifs. We can't retroactively go back and change it, nor can we know for sure that whatever theoretical players we would get with those picks, nor can we know whether or not they'd be more or less likely to make us better or worse. It's all sunk cost now. Only way to go is to move ward.

And Mike wouldn't have touched Jenkins with a ten foot pole attached to a twenty foot pole attached to the the Seattle Space Needle laying out it's side.

There are various reports out there that the Chiefs were targeting him so that's why we pulled the trigger.

I've seen a couple people mention this. But how do we know? And more importantly how did the Redskins know? This implies that the Chiefs' draft room was bugged or there is a psychic on the Redskins staff.

Archived