Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

question: Is the debut of the 80th anniversary jersey going to be at the Draft...

PatFischer37

That would be cool, however I think I read somewhere that the 80th anniversary will be released in May.

I could be wrong however.

I read the same thing. I heard its under Fort Knox security. Apparently Orakpo did see it and said its soooo live. During an interview he said the guys had been lobbying for one for a while.

I hope it's a dark, dark, DARK burgundy jersey (almost black), with the old-school 1930's era Chief head's profile on the sleeve (same logo as used to be on the front of Sammy Baugh's jersey)... and then gold pants (true gold, not yellow), with the feather helmet.

If they are going to honor the 80th anniversary then I hope they really do it and try recreate the 1937 uniform. Seems like too much focus is on either the 60's uniform with the spear helmet, why anyone wants the uniform of a loser era is beyond me. Or they want the Lombardi "R" Packer inspired uniform. It was nice to see once but no need to go back to that again.

Personally I would do two retro uniforms for 2012. A 1937 retro unform honoring the first team in DC/first title team and then a 1982 curved feather uniform honoring the 30th anniversary of the Redskins first Super Bowl title season.

But I'm afraid what we will see is again the lame 2002 uniforms.

If they are going to honor the 80th anniversary then I hope they really do it and try recreate the 1937 uniform. Seems like too much focus is on either the 60's uniform with the spear helmet, why anyone wants the uniform of a loser era is beyond me. Or they want the Lombardi "R" Packer inspired uniform. It was nice to see once but no need to go back to that again.

Personally I would do two retro uniforms for 2012. A 1937 retro unform honoring the first team in DC/first title team and then a 1982 curved feather uniform honoring the 30th anniversary of the Redskins first Super Bowl title season.

But I'm afraid what we will see is again the lame 2002 uniforms.

The 37 uniform is cool, the helmet would have to be modified.

Here's a link. http://www.gridironuniforms.com/redskins.html

There really aren't too many choices to choose from that they haven't already done. The only real choices are the solid burgundy jerseys or the 1982 uniforms, but the only real difference would just be the helmet. I have no clue what they are going to dig up, but I thought that the throwbacks in 1994 were terrible looking. We'll have to wait and see!!

Archived