Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cbssports.com: ESPN, NFL Network tweak draft coverage; won't show draftees in Green Room

I honestly don't like this change. It is pretty neat to see how excited they get when they receive that phone call. Does it really matter that we sometimes know the pick 20 seconds before it is announced?

They'll have a recording of that to show right after the pick is officially announced...

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 01:56 PM ----------

Did the NFL forget about twitter you can't hide anything these days

Viewers can easily limit their exposure to Twitter if they want, while watching the draft. It's not hard to figure out.

I honestly don't like this change. It is pretty neat to see how excited they get when they receive that phone call. Does it really matter that we sometimes know the pick 20 seconds before it is announced?

Agreed, I like seeing their reactions over the phone. You can tell if they really are excited to be going where they're going.

I agree, I wanted to see RG3 on the phone with Shanahan, pick three on, yeah keep it a secret but since everyone knows the first two picks, maybe they will show it

Hopefully with this new-found dedication to the element of surprise, ESPN will tell Chris Berman to stop telegraphing the pick 30 seconds before Gooddell walks out. The guys on the phone are one thing (at least they're emotional and that's interesting to watch). Chris Berman on constant spoiler mode is something else altogether.

I agree, I wanted to see RG3 on the phone with Shanahan, pick three on, yeah keep it a secret but since everyone knows the first two picks, maybe they will show it

I'd bet money that they'll still show all of the phone reactions, right after Goodell announces the picks.

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

Id rather seem them excited

You will. After the pick is officially announced.

I'd bet money that they'll still show all of the phone reactions, right after Goodell announces the picks.

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 02:51 PM ----------

You will. After the pick is officially announced.

I saw the video of Neild's reaction to finding out he had been drafted, and that was like 2 days after his name was called lol...still loved it just the same as if it were live. :yes:

I saw the video of Neild's reaction to finding out he had been drafted, and that was like 2 days after his name was called lol...still loved it just the same as if it were live. :yes:

Exactly! The emotion doesn't change....the fact that you haven't seen it yet doesn't change.

Personally, I think this is silly. If this is the plan, then I don't want to hear the Schefters or Mortensens of the world trying to break the news either. If they are still going to allow that then what's the point.

They could always replay the green room shot after the pick is made.

Archived