Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RantSports.com "Kyle Shanahan will Visit Robert Griffin III Several Times Before the 2012 NFL Draft"

authentic

I believe RG III would be more shocked than anyone if he hears his named called first, considering he's not doing any visits with the Colts. Although I don't think surprises will be on the table. Doesn't everyone think a contract will already be installed with the first pick by the time the draft is here? Usually it happens

Correct me if I'm wrong - RG3 isn't doing "visits" with the Redskins either. Sure, he came by and signed autographs at a nearby location and we evaluated him on HIS turf. Unless I missed something I don't recall RG3 giving us a personal workout at all, I don't think we asked him too. And I think the overall point is he is not doing a personal workout for anyone. He has our playbook or a sample of it, he probably has more then anyone else in the history of our drafts do to be honest, but I don't see why the Colts haven't "met" with him on his turf, if they were so interested in a personal workout.

---------- Post added April-8th-2012 at 05:19 AM ----------

Correct me if I'm wrong - RG3 isn't doing "visits" with the Redskins either. Sure, he came by and signed autographs at a nearby location and we evaluated him on HIS turf. Unless I missed something I don't recall RG3 giving us a personal workout at all, I don't think we asked him too. And I think the overall point is he is not doing a personal workout for anyone. He has our playbook or a sample of it, he probably has more then anyone else in the history of our drafts do to be honest, but I don't see why the Colts haven't "met" with him on his turf, if they were so interested in a personal workout.

If something happened to Luck by the draft, the Colts need to be prepared with their backup plan, it's almost moronic to not do something like that. They wasted an entire year and threw away their franchise QB to land LUCK. If things go fine, Luck is a Colt. It's their guy from the get go.

I'm saying it would be equally beneficial to BOTH teams, so as neither will have to waste the time or energy visiting the other guy that they aren't going to be drafting. But again that makes too much sense, so I'll leave it alone. Forget it. I'll stop being intelligent, my apologies guys.

How does it benefit the Colts to tell us who they are picking?? Our plans have ZERO influence on theirs. They couldn't care less what we are going to do with the second pick. It's not mutually beneficial for them to tell us anything about their plans. If they don't want to waste time visiting a guy they have no intention of drafting then it doesn't matter if they tell us anything or not. They hold all the cards in this scenario. The only incentive they would have to tell us their plan is if they just wanted to be nice... and nobody is going to be nice to the Redskins and Dan Snyder.

Personally, i think that the Skins do have a very good idea of who the colts will take first. I mean, if the gm's or chaches (or even owners) decided to chat together, and the question was asked concerning the first pick, i would see no reason why the colts would hedge on an answer. Now, maybe they really do not know who they will take....but i think it is all a smoke screen, and luck has been their man all along.

As for kyle meeting with the qb's......as another poster mentioned just hope mara, goodell, or someone else does not decide that we somehow were violating the spirit of some unwritten rule, finding a loophole......then end up losing something else.

Btw, that pic of RGIII on the Redskin flag in great......should make that into a shirt if we do get him.....

Can hardly wait for the draft to begin.

I am hoping in addition to getting RGIII we get some additional impact players. It would be great if we can become competitive again, and kick the snot of the Cowturds, Giants and Eagles.

An improved O-Line, better WRs, a healthy Chris Cooley, and a FRANCHISE QB should go a long way in making the afore-mentioned teams uncomfortable, and taking us for granted.

Hail Skins! And, it's time to see the glory days again ...

Cheers!

We will be happy with either but don't fool yourself. Luck is the top QB and if the Colts get cute and take RGIII then we win by getting Luck.

I'm not so sure. While I have no doubt that Luck is the more "pro ready" and "safe" pick, and I'm sure he really will be a great QB. I think RG3 has the potential to be a once in a generation superstar. The perfect storm of almost freakish athleticism, accurate arm - in and out of the pocket, intelligence, work ethic, and character. Luck would be one hell of a consolation prize, but in the long run, I think RG3 may just be the better QB.

We will be happy with either but don't fool yourself. Luck is the top QB and if the Colts get cute and take RGIII then we win by getting Luck.

Yes, we would benefit greatly from getting Luck. However, it has been alluded to multiple times by LL56 that the Redskins draft board is 1. RG3 2. Luck.

While I'm not ready to say RG3 is better than Luck, our front office seems to think he is a better fit.

You guys are driving yourself crazy lol Colts are taking Luck 100% so all this "what If" talk is foolish at this point. The skins would select Rg3 #1 over Luck if we were faced with that decision to answer those questions as well.

Thanks for keeping us informed & the tweets!

Any time table for London Fletcher?

Has anyone thought what would have happened if the Colts won the last game. The Rams would have been picking first. Do you think we would have the #1 pick then? Obviously it's not happening, but I was curious none of the less.

Many times before the trade. I was rooting for the Rams to lose and the Colts to win.

Many times before the trade. I was rooting for the Rams to lose and the Colts to win.

Other than the benefit of 100% certainty as to getting whomever you want, I dont' think the Rams getting the #1 pick would have been a good thing for us.... A) would have jacked up the price for our trade up even higher (4 #1s?) B) would have thrown a lot more suitors into the mix (teams that wanted Luck).

I'm glad it turned out the way it did -- assuming we do indeed get our man RG3!!

Other than the benefit of 100% certainty as to getting whomever you want, I dont' think the Rams getting the #1 pick would have been a good thing for us.... A) would have jacked up the price for our trade up even higher (4 #1s?) B) would have thrown a lot more suitors into the mix (teams that wanted Luck).

I'm glad it turned out the way it did -- assuming we do indeed get our man RG3!!

Sure, I concur the price would have been higher, but yes, in hindsight, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

You guys are driving yourself crazy lol Colts are taking Luck 100% so all this "what If" talk is foolish at this point. The skins would select Rg3 #1 over Luck if we were faced with that decision to answer those questions as well.

So LL, why is Luck coming in for a visit ??

Are we trading away the rest of our draft picks to the Colts so we can draft Luck as the QB,

and then draft RGIII as a wide reciever ???

Jim Irsay ‏ @JimIrsay Met with A Luck#12 n Indy 2day for 3 hrs;it's easy 2c why the #1 pick n this Stanford phenom has been synonymous with each other 4over 2 yrs

its OVER!!

Wow, the owner of the Colts no speakie engrish? Or whats the deal?

Wow, the owner of the Colts no speakie engrish? Or whats the deal?

You haven't seen his tweets all offseason? He literally tweets like a 14-year old girl. Its embarrassing. That tweet is actually one of his better ones.....:doh:

Archived