Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RantSports.com "Kyle Shanahan will Visit Robert Griffin III Several Times Before the 2012 NFL Draft"

authentic

BTW, please tell me there's nothing against league rules about an OC working with a potential draft pick BEFORE the draft? I really don't want to ready any more Redskins articles containing the words "Robert" and "Goodell".

I don't think the "rules" as they are written even matter anymore considering how the current debacle got started because we apparently violated "the spirit" of something that wasn't written.

Has anyone thought what would have happened if the Colts won the last game. The Rams would have been picking first. Do you think we would have the #1 pick then? Obviously it's not happening, but I was curious none of the less.

Yeah there was a scenario where if the Colts won and the Rams lost the Rams would get the #1 pick. I was actually praying for that scenario so we would have a shot at Luck. I liked Griffin at the time but didn't think he was worth a top 2 pick. My perception of him has changed over that time because of various factors. I would still take Luck if I had to choose, but I think they are both tremendous prospects and will be delighted with Griffin.

Has anyone thought what would have happened if the Colts won the last game. The Rams would have been picking first. Do you think we would have the #1 pick then? Obviously it's not happening, but I was curious none of the less.
Well I think the Rams definitely would have still traded away the pick. The bidding war for the pick may have gone down differently though.

Well I think the Rams definitely would have still traded away the pick. The bidding war for the pick may have gone down differently though.

If the Colts were still absolutely zeroed in on Luck and were willing to work a deal with the Rams for the #1 spot the Rams would have made out like even bigger bandits than they did this time. Colts and Rams swap picks. Colts give Rams their 2013 1st and 3rd. Rams then trade with Skins for the rights to the #2 pick and it goes down the same. The Rams would then have the #6 pick in 2012 along with 2 2nd rounders, 3 1sts in 2013 along with an extra 3rd, and 2 1sts in 2014. Holy living rebuild, Batman.

Kyle is just going down there to tell him the playbook is set in stone and Griffen will just have to deal with it. ;)

or to inform griffin that he will be second on the depth chart behind last seasons best "playmaker," Rex Grossman

you dont sit your best playmakers...

What?! How could you forget about people who've never played a down for us?!?! :)

LOL, i know right. If it is legal i'd hope Kyle would bring a speedster or two along just to get RG used to our guys...whoever they may be.

I woulda suggested taking Paulsen along but not sure RG is ready to respect his speed just yet.

:silly:

I think this is smart.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/07/redskins-plan-multiple-meetings-with-luck-too/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Redskins plan multiple meetings with Luck, too

Posted by Mike Florio on April 7, 2012, 3:27 PM EDT

It’s now known that the Redskins plan multiple weekly on-campus meetings with Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III between now and the draft. PFT also has confirmed that the Redskins plan to do the same thing with Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

more at link

"No different than any of the previous years -- we send our coaches to college campus for player evaluations," Allen said in an email to NFL Network. "In the coming weeks, we will be visiting some other colleges."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82823ebf/article/redskins-gm-allen-multiple-visits-to-griffin-par-for-the-course

So PFT interpets that as we are going to visit with Luck also??

It’s now known that the Redskins plan multiple weekly on-campus meetings with Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III between now and the draft. PFT also has confirmed that the Redskins plan to do the same thing with Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck.

Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen hinted at this reality in recent comments to Albert Breer of NFL Network. “In the coming weeks, we will be visiting some other colleges,” Allen said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/07/redskins-plan-multiple-meetings-with-luck-too/

Sounds like Kyle is going to have plenty of frequent flier miles.

But I really think PFT is stretching for a story.

"No different than any of the previous years -- we send our coaches to college campus for player evaluations," Allen said in an email to NFL Network. "In the coming weeks, we will be visiting some other colleges."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82823ebf/article/redskins-gm-allen-multiple-visits-to-griffin-par-for-the-course

So PFT interpets that as we are going to visit with Luck also??

Redskins G.M. Bruce Allen hinted at this reality in recent comments to Albert Breer of NFL Network. “In the coming weeks, we will be visiting some other colleges,” Allen said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/07/redskins-plan-multiple-meetings-with-luck-too/

Sounds like Kyle is going to have plenty of frequent flier miles.

But I really think PFT is stretching for a story.

Pardon me if i've glossed over something.. but where is the "confirmation" that we will be visiting Luck?

So at this point would it be outrageously out of the question to have both franchises (Skins & Colts) actually communicate to one another what their decision is going to be? I mean maybe I'm just crazy, but competition and due diligence aside, why on earth wouldn't they just sort this out, even if its behind closed doors, in order to save each side outrageous amounts of trouble and efforts? I mean I could see if it were a team like the Giants, Cowboys or Eagles that were competing with the Skins with regard to these picks, because at least you could see a reason for any of those teams to eff with the Skins through this process. I mean this is really ridiculous, if you think about it.

Why would the Colts feel any compulsion to let the Redskins know their plans? Why should they give a **** how much trouble we are going through?

We've seen how owners feel about Snyder in the past couple weeks. Don't expect many favors any time soon.

Why would the Colts feel any compulsion to let the Redskins know their plans? Why should they give a **** how much trouble we are going through?

We've seen how owners feel about Snyder in the past couple weeks. Don't expect many favors any time soon.

I'm saying it would be equally beneficial to BOTH teams, so as neither will have to waste the time or energy visiting the other guy that they aren't going to be drafting. But again that makes too much sense, so I'll leave it alone. Forget it. I'll stop being intelligent, my apologies guys.

---------- Post added April-7th-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

Thanks! I actually photoshopped that myself on the night of the trade, was so jacked up about the news. Took a couple hours to get it right, but I"m pretty proud of it :)

I'm saying it would be equally beneficial to BOTH teams, so as neither will have to waste the time or energy visiting the other guy that they aren't going to be drafting. But again that makes too much sense, so I'll leave it alone. Forget it. I'll stop being intelligent, my apologies guys.

---------- Post added April-7th-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

Thanks! I actually photoshopped that myself on the night of the trade, was so jacked up about the news. Took a couple hours to get it right, but I"m pretty proud of it :)

RG3 looks alot better in that sig than Luck would.:)

Yes, but the Colts could still surprise everyone and draft RG3.

But as others have said, Luck would be one hell of a consolation prize. I think either quarterback would do well with the Redskins, so it's a win-win for the Colts and Redskins

It appears that PFT is reaching here and attempting to connect-the-dots. I'm sure that Shanny/Bruce have done their homework on Luck in the event Irsay decides to get cute and select RG3. But at the end of the day, I believe Luck will hear his name called before RG3's at the draft. ;)

Nonetheless, due diligence is required. And I'm sure that Shanny and Bruce will visit several colleges to look at potential picks. However, they won't be all about Luck. As far as the Colts and Redskins colluding (see what I did there? :evilg:) on who each will take, there really is no need given that there is a rookie scale now in place. It simply adds to the intrigue for the fans on draft day. :D

I believe RG III would be more shocked than anyone if he hears his named called first, considering he's not doing any visits with the Colts. Although I don't think surprises will be on the table. Doesn't everyone think a contract will already be installed with the first pick by the time the draft is here? Usually it happens

Archived