Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLCollusion.com - Site for fans against the salary cap reduction. Updated ** Sign the Petition**

tke332

I am a season ticket holder for the skins, and I couldn't sleep or focus at work because I was so pissed off over the whole salary cap fiasco, so I decided to channel this energy into a website www.nflcollusion.com. There is no advertising on this site.... it is purely a forum that links many of the stories written about the skins/cowboys salary penalties and if you click on the "make your voice heard" gives you a easy way to contact the senators who are on the The Subcommittee on Antitrust on the senate judiciary committee. Also, there is a link to the department of justice, although, I think that is less likely to lead to any real action, and if it did, it could potentially hurt the nfl. Anyways... I am writing this to try to drive traffic to the site, but also hopefully to get a few people to write these congressmen emails. Please check it out. Also, any feedback to what you think is greatly appreciated. I was thinking about trying to start an online petition, but I am unfamiliar with how to do so.

P.S. - A buddy at work who is a die hard cowboys fan helped me put the site up. Never in my wildest dreams would I think we would agree on anything related to the NFL. I can tell you this though (and it might be controversial) I think I will be forced to root for the cowboys to beat the giants on opening day. This will be the first time in my 34 years on this planet that I will ever root for the cowboys to win. LOL!

HTTR

*** Update - Click here to sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nfl-collusion/

How do I change the thread title?

Go to edit your post, go advanced... then add some description about your website and the intent of the thread in the title on the top part of the screen where you title is written now.

EDIT:

And by the way, good website. If you guys keep it updated it will be a useful tool for all of us throughout this process.

cool site bro ... thanks for getting it up and running ... this issue is not going away. At the least I hope this will help put in place some checks and balances over the commissioner's office.

The whole point of the uncapped year was meant to help the owners negotiate in good faith. The uncapped condition was ruled null and void the second they brought these penalties to the Skins and Boys, which means they did not negotiate in good faith. It's COLLUSION anyway you look at it, plain and simple. They need to have the hammer brought down on them, they've gone too far this time. HAIL.

why is this a new thread?

I don't have a problem with this being a new thread and I hope the mods don't either. I haven't clicked on the Capgate thread in a quite a while. It's just people ****ing with no real news. When something really happens with it, it will be all over Twitter, so the Capgate thread is pretty much inconsequential to me at this point.

Just my opinion.

Goodness, our economy is tanking, we have a controversial healthcare bill trying to be passed, we have a government with the ability to detain and torture anyone at anytime for any reason, and you want me to write my congressman about a football team?

Feel free to write your congressman about those issues too. No one is implying you shouldn't. This is a web site about 1 team that plays the game of football. You are in the stadium where everything is about the Washington Redskins. This thread seems appropriate and appropriately placed. I am fairly sure there are rules about posts containing political issues but that is a job for the Mods. (Hint, hint, before the mods find this)

I have bookmarked the web site listed in the OP. It should help keep track of how the penalty situation is going. Thanks.

why is this a new thread?
If the mods have an issue with it, they will take care of it. Your response adds nothing to this thread or conversation, so, my question to you is, why are you posting? If you have an issue with this thread, report it.

The website looks nice. I am curious as to how many people have actually contacted the judiciary committee through the link provided or one of their congressmen or senators. I am at work, and not able to go through the process right now, but I will be addressing this with the proper people later.

For anyone concerned about the economic issues going around right now and questioning the importance of this issue when it comes to governmental concern, remember that the NFL is a billion dollar corporation that employees tens of thousands of people across the country, and besides bringing in all of that tax revenue, there is a major revenue stream brought in by apparel and merchandise marketing, legal gambling, fantasy football, video games, and all other licensed products of the NFL. We are talking billions of tax dollars outside of the net income of the league by itself. This is an issue that, if things were not held in check, could have major ramifications on an already devastated economy.

If the mods have an issue with it, they will take care of it. Your response adds nothing to this thread or conversation, so, my question to you is, why are you posting? If you have an issue with this thread, report it.

Maybe because we were specifically told to try and avoid new threads when a thread on the topic already exists? And your irony regarding "why did you post" is quite thick.

Thanks for your opinion, cataloged where it belongs

I tried to go to it, but it was blocked by my firewall at work.

It might have been blocked because of language in comments (there are a few expletives). We are pretty much just approving what people write unless they are a giants fans and trying to talk trash on our cause. Check it out when you get home. It contains links to the stories supporting the redskins case. It also has links so that people can directly write a letter to the main congressmen who are on the committee that oversees this type of thing. We are trying to get the skins (and cowboys) fans to organize a grassroots effort.

I think our true endgame is a cease and desist letter from the nfl. LOL!

Maybe because we were specifically told to try and avoid new threads when a thread on the topic already exists? And your irony regarding "why did you post" is quite thick.

The thread is fine, doesn't violate any rule with the title edit, or any warnings, and is a good addition.

Good work OP on the site, and everyone here should avail themselves of the chance to use the links to contact their representatives. Good work on editing the title and listening to your fellows who were also doing good in advising you on that edit.;)

For anyone concerned about the economic issues going around right now and questioning the importance of this issue when it comes to governmental concern, remember that the NFL is a billion dollar corporation that employees tens of thousands of people across the country, and besides bringing in all of that tax revenue, there is a major revenue stream brought in by apparel and merchandise marketing, legal gambling, fantasy football, video games, and all other licensed products of the NFL. We are talking billions of tax dollars outside of the net income of the league by itself. This is an issue that, if things were not held in check, could have major ramifications on an already devastated economy.

You know, I had never really put much thought at all into the overall economic effect of the NFL so I must give a big thumbs up to this post. All great points that I had never really considered because I have always just been focused on "football".

There is a specific rule to not comment in a thread unless you are adding to the conversation/debate. It is quite different to let someone know that they MAY be in violation of a rule, than to act like a wanna-be mod Nazi and break a rule in the process. Now look up the actual definitions of irony, ironic, and ironical since you don't quite seem to understand how to use them. Put that in your catalog along with a post by a mod about this thread:
The thread is fine, doesn't violate any rule with the title edit, or any warnings, and is a good addition.

Good work OP on the site, and everyone here should avail themselves of the chance to use the links to contact their representatives. Good work on editing the title and listening to your fellows who were also doing good in advising you on that edit.;)

Thank you, Jumbo. I think this thread and the site it links us to may come in very handy over the next few weeks.

There is a specific rule to not comment in a thread unless you are adding to the conversation/debate. It is quite different to let someone know that they MAY be in violation of a rule, than to act like a wanna-be mod Nazi and break a rule in the process. Now look up the actual definitions of irony, ironic, and ironical since you don't quite seem to understand how to use them. Put that in your catalog along with a post by a mod about this thread:

Thank you, Jumbo. I think this thread and the site it links us to may come in very handy over the next few weeks.

For the record, I actually really like his site. That wasnt why I asked about the new thread

again, we were asked to self police, I simply asked why this was a thread (meaning when another one already existed). Also, bear in mind, I posted before the thread title was changed. If the mods are cool with it, of course I am too. It's not playing "wannabe mod" by asking why it is in a separate thread knowing the history of requests to avoid doing so, especially when its a new poster. Apologies that it isnt up to your standards

Thanks for your opinion yet again, you are super.

Archived