Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLCollusion.com - Site for fans against the salary cap reduction. Updated ** Sign the Petition**

tke332

Thanks for creating the site. I find this whole thing infuriating. The NFL acting like fascists and Mara with questionable motives. Was Mara making sure we would not get Peyton? The timing sure seems to point to that.

It appears to me that Mara was trying to insure that we weren't able to get much of anything. He definitely was trying to keep us from getting weapons to put around our first round pick. It would be very difficult to argue otherwise.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

For the record, I actually really like his site. That wasnt why I asked about the new thread

again, we were asked to self police, I simply asked why this was a thread (meaning when another one already existed). Also, bear in mind, I posted before the thread title was changed. If the mods are cool with it, of course I am too. It's not playing "wannabe mod" by asking why it is in a separate thread knowing the history of requests to avoid doing so, especially when its a new poster. Apologies that it isnt up to your standards

Thanks for your opinion yet again, you are super.

I'm not the one you need to apologize to. You could have told the OP that there is already a thread similar to the overall topic, and given them a head's up that this might get merged or closed, but you decided to be a jerk about it.

It appears to me that Mara was trying to insure that we weren't able to get much of anything. He definitely was trying to keep us from getting weapons to put around our first round pick. It would be very difficult to argue otherwise.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

I'm not the one you need to apologize to. You could have told the OP that there is already a thread similar to the overall topic, and given them a head's up that this might get merged or closed, but you decided to be a jerk about it.

In part, you are right, I should have posted more detail about why I asked, I was in a bit of a rush and cut corners.

The part you are wrong about is that I "was a jerk about it". It may have been read that way, but that wasnt the intent.

Lets stop this personal derail and take it to PM please. No reason for everyone to have to hear us crabbin at each other

Thank you SS. You anticipated me. For the record, prior to the title edit just as I indicated, there would have an issue over a rule 8 violation but not one of duplication of existing topic (just so people understand there are several rules new threads must adhere to, not just one).

Now this is over, and if anyone misses this post before they go and make another comment on this matter, go back and edit it out and get this back on topic.:)

Great site! What a smart idea. An embedded or linked-to online petition would be good, too. Once you get enough signatures, you should email the local DC and Dallas sports media (Washington Post Skins bloggers, etc.) and try and drum up some buzz. Imagine what good press could come of this: "Redskins and Cowboys fans have formed an unusual partnership, and have teamed up to take their protest against the NFL's salary cap penalties..." etc. That's the LAST thing the NFL wants. :)

Thank you SS. You anticipated me. For the record, prior to the title edit just as I indicated, there would have an issue over a rule 8 violation but not one of duplication of existing topic (just so people understand there are several rules new threads must adhere to, not just one).

Now this is over, and if you miss this post before you go and make another comment on this matter, go back and edit it out and get this back on topic.:)

LOL, No need for an edit, I assumed that the bickering went too far.

Great site! What a smart idea. An embedded or linked-to online petition would be good, too. Once you get enough signatures, you should email the local DC and Dallas sports media (Washington Post Skins bloggers, etc.) and try and drum up some buzz. Imagine what good press could come of this: "Redskins and Cowboys fans have formed an unusual partnership, and have teamed up to take their protest against the NFL's salary cap penalties..." etc. That's the LAST thing the NFL wants. :)

I am going to see if I can figure out a way to get an online petition going.... that might take a few days though, because unfortunately I do have a day job.

I am going to see if I can figure out a way to get an online petition going.... that might take a few days though, because unfortunately I do have a day job.

I'm not the biggest fan of their site politically, but I think it might have been change.org that had one up already and maybe could be used to create a new one too.

I also found this one that also free.

http://www.ipetitions.com/

Ok, first off, if there is an anti-trust investigation in to this by the NFL, then it will affect the Redskins like the other 31 NFL teams.

Second, I like the salary cap because I don't the NFL to turn in to MLB. Especially without a minor league system and the simplistic contracts the NFL has.

I'm not the biggest fan of their site politically, but I think it might have been change.org that had one up already and maybe could be used to create a new one too.

I also found this one that also free.

http://www.ipetitions.com/

OK.... the petition is up. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nfl-collusion/ Let's see if we can make some noise! LOL! We need someone that has connections with Llavar and Dukes or the WaPost to publicize this!

It was ridiculously easy. Writing the content is the hard part. If anyone thinks of something to add or edit to the petition language, let me know.

awesome. hey, sorry about the question on the thread earlier. came across as more negative than intended.

also, I tweeted the petition and shared it on FB, I think all who sign should do the same to help spread the word

awesome. hey, sorry about the question on the thread earlier. came across as more negative than intended.

also, I tweeted the petition and shared it on FB, I think all who sign should do the same to help spread the word

It's all good. I just hope we can make a little noise.

Nice site. Thanks for putting it up. I signed. Will it show how many people signed the petition?

If you click on the signatures tab, it will show the people who signed. Right now it shows 30 total. You can make it show your name as anonymous. As the admin, I do receive the info, but I will not be using it.

Ok, first off, if there is an anti-trust investigation in to this by the NFL, then it will affect the Redskins like the other 31 NFL teams.

Second, I like the salary cap because I don't the NFL to turn in to MLB. Especially without a minor league system and the simplistic contracts the NFL has.

Yes it would affect the NFL, remember that it was the NFL itself that opened the door to this thing.

Blatantly flaunting their "power" over the few teams that failed to play by unwritten rules might well be the demise of the old school way of doing business.

It's all well and good to promote parity so all organizations can put out competitive teams.

The "spirit" of the cap, both the upper and lower limits, is to give each a fighting chance.

Sharing of the revenues is also part of this "spirit" in promoting the balance of competition.

A comment I read elsewhere hit home with me in relation to this sharing of revenues.

Also, revenue sharing, who's spirit was also at play during the uncapped year, was meant for clubs to have equal amounts to SPEND ON PLAYERS!

Not put it in their ****ing pocket.

Their violating the "spirit" of the rules is EXACTLY what we're accused of.

So, you punish everyone, or no one. You don't single out division rivals.

The nutshell.

Archived