Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any word On The Health Of Jarvis Jenkins ?

RawRebel

I cant confirm with a link or anything but i thought i read on twitter if the season started a few weeks ago he would be ready to go.

I remember seeing the samething.. A few weeks ago it was said that if a game where that day (I think it was some time in early February) that he would be ready to play...

I don't have a link but on my drive home yesterday the guys on SiriusXM - NFL channel interviewed Bruce Allen at the Owner's Meetings. They asked him about Jenkins and I believe he said that Jenkins has been rehabbing and will be ready to go.

I hope so, that dude was a monster at Clemson and will make a big difference on our D-Line. In some ways, I think the injury is kind of a blessing for him. He got a year to sit back and absorb the scheme without beating up his body. I think (hope) he'll be a smarter player because of it.

UPDATE: This thread --> http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?363955-Bruce-Allen-interview-on-Sirius-quot-Moving-the-Chains-quot-3-27

In some ways, I think the injury is kind of a blessing for him. He got a year to sit back and absorb the scheme without beating up his body. I think (hope) he'll be a smarter player because of it.

He looked ready to play to me so I would think a year of experience would be more valuable than a year rehabbing. Either way its good to be getting him back.

I went to a "state of the franchise" thing with Bruce Allen a month or two ago, and he said that Jenkins was way ahead of schedule, and might have even been ready to play at the end of last season. Clearly, that wasn't going to happen with him on IR, but all signs pointed to him being full strength.

You can search for my thread (I'm in India on vacation and interwebs are SLOW) for the exact quotes.

I can't find the link but I read an article during the season that stated he was hitting rehab very hard and was going to be stronger upon return and he was doing a lot of film study on top of the rehab. I wish I could find the article it was an amazing read and got me very excited about his potential this year!

I went to a "state of the franchise" thing with Bruce Allen a month or two ago, and he said that Jenkins was way ahead of schedule, and might have even been ready to play at the end of last season. Clearly, that wasn't going to happen with him on IR, but all signs pointed to him being full strength.

You can search for my thread (I'm in India on vacation and interwebs are SLOW) for the exact quotes.

Impressed your able to post and not constantly sat over a toilet somewhere man, but I digrerss ..... yeah, I remember you posting that at the time and a few questions as to why we IR'd him from some. :doh:

Hail.

For young, in-shape athletes, it takes less than a full year at this point to recover from an ACL injury. The one benefit of losing Jenkins in pre-season, especially early in the pre-season, is that he's had extra time to recover compared to a guy like Mendenhall, who got injured in January. He had the surgery and had the whole season to rehab and strength train with the staff, which is a huge plus going into next year.

Having Jenkins Cofield Bowen as the starting DL will be awesome.

I think with his 2nd year in the 3-4 Cofield will only get better.

Bowen had a career year last year, and with an off-season I think he will be better as well.

Jenkins will come in and just make the whole line better.

Carriker is good depth, and hopefully we have a Rookie or one of our DE shows up big.

Having Jenkins Cofield Bowen as the starting DL will be awesome.

I think with his 2nd year in the 3-4 Cofield will only get better.

Carriker is good depth, and hopefully we have a Rookie or one of our DE shows up big.

Cofield was good last year, without the time to put on the weight/mass that a NT really needs. Now that he has time to bulk up, he should only get better.

I'm pretty sure Carriker and Bowen go into the year as the starters. Jenkins will more than likely take the spot later in the season, but he'll start as depth.

‏ @Rich_Campbell Shanahan said he's at full speed and will be ready for start of offseason program RT @DCRezz: @rich_campbell: Any updates on Jarvis Jenkins?

---------- Post added March-28th-2012 at 01:58 PM ----------

Cofield was good last year, without the time to put on the weight/mass that a NT really needs. Now that he has time to bulk up, he should only get better.

I'm pretty sure Carriker and Bowen go into the year as the starters. Jenkins will more than likely take the spot later in the season, but he'll start as depth.

I can also see us drafting a DE this year, assuming that Golston isn't coming back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jenkins being our go to DE right from the start on the left side. Carriker will still get plenty of snaps in the rotation but when we need our best guys out there it will be Jenkins/Cofield/Bowen imo.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes against Trent 1 on 1 now he is a year stronger. With Cofield a year in and the addition of Jenkins our DL is going to be up there with the best.

• 1 month later...
“My bench press is higher than it’s ever been,” Jenkins said. “Coaches can tell that I got stronger. Coming out of the combine I did 19 [repetitions] at 225 pounds. Now I can do 225 pounds like 32 times. It was a real blessing just to focus on getting my upper body strong.”

More at http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/21/jenkins-is-like-a-new-gift-for-redskins-to-unwrap/

Jenkins 2.0 - now with man strength.

Our D line was very solid for a bunch of first year in a 3-4 guys who never played together before. If they can remain that solid and improve a bit, while Jenkins can come in and add a disruptive aspect that wasn't there last year, it'll be a real force and really free up our OLBs to get more pressure too.

Our defense is really going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Yeah I saw that. Very excited. He's wearing a knee brace right now and says he needs to adjust it a lot. So I doubt he enters the season as a starter. But he's still fantastic depth. I'm pretty excited.

Archived