Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet Pierre Garçon

Dan T.

appended edit:

And as a silly side note, if you want to type his name out correctly, instead of typing "c", press down on the alt button, type out 135 on your number pad to the right, and then lift up on the alt button.

- ES Staff (serving you since 2000)

Too much damn work. I'll just stick with the regular "c" since he was born in the US.

How many Skins fans would have lost it on here if we had seriously reached in the 2008 draft and picked these 2 WR's instead of Thomas/Kelly? 4 rounds later and they've both done several times more than either of our 2nd round WR's.

Go Vinny!!! Good Job on those Picks N Stuff. This really was a playoff roster. :ols:

Like others have said and from what I've read, Garcon would have gotten that money somewhere else if not for us. The Robinson deal is ridiculous, definitely overpaid on that one.

If you look at what the options were/are for the Jags at WR, you'd think they underpaid Robinson.

---------- Post added March-15th-2012 at 11:52 AM ----------

Watching the 2 sets of highlight films, there is one area of concern. 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties. I like players that are excited, but he's on the edge with some of his celebrations. Again, I love the enthusiasm, but he needs to think before he does something that would cause us to get a flag.

Like others have said and from what I've read, Garcon would have gotten that money somewhere else if not for us. The Robinson deal is ridiculous, definitely overpaid on that one.

Yeah, I think the Colts offered him something like 35/5, so ours is an extra 1.5M a year. Nothing too terribly huge, considering he was probably going to get similar money in SD, if reports are right.

appended edit:

And as a silly side note, if you want to type his name out correctly, instead of typing "c", press down on the alt button, type out 135 on your number pad to the right, and then lift up on the alt button.

- ES Staff (serving you since 2000)

It transforms a c into a ç with a soul patch!

I don't like how this guy ran around the field after the Superbowl waving the flag of his native country. Being a citizen of American enabled him to become wealth beyond his wildest dreams. I think he should have ran around the field with both flags.

It wa during the earthquake year, so I think he was representing them... But yeah America did give him this oppertunity

For those who are worried that we overpaid Pierre, you should read this:link

His real guaranteed money just 13.25 million according to this source.

It goes on to say that his two year guaranteed total is 19 million, but is only guaranteed by injury. And we all already knew that a large part of the non-guaranteed money is backloaded. As is usual with this regime, they signed a smart deal.

BTW: I like Garcon's new number 15.

Chris Russell ‏ @Russellmania980 @PierreGarcon15 tells @ESPNRadio980 that Kyle Shanahan called him at 4:01 last Tuesday to recruit him. #Redskins

Chris Russell ‏ @Russellmania980 @PierreGarcon15 says about Robert Griffin III on @ESPNRadio980 "He a true athlete. Runs fast, wins games" #Redskins

Chris Russell ‏ @Russellmania980 @PierreGarcon15 says about the #Redskins "they have a very good defense" & on #Peyton - had no clue where he was going.

Chris Russell ‏ @Russellmania980 @PierreGarcon15 doesn't remember @DHall23 chirping a lot in coverage when they played #Redskins. He beat Landry 4 TD

Anybody besides me feel even better (I already felt good about it) imagining what Garcon (& Morgan) might be doing for us after watching RG3 do this thing again today? :)

It was better than sugar plums dancing in my head. :)

Anybody besides me feel even better (I already felt good about it) imagining what Garcon (& Morgan) might be doing for us after watching RG3 do this thing again today? :)

I tweeted our receivers...

Jon Bohannan ‏ @Hitman36ST

@HankTime85 @PierreGarcon15 @MrArmstrong13 @EIGHTTODANINE @thecooleyzone @JabarGaffney @Niles_Paul What did you all think of RG3's Pro Day?

@HankTime85 @PierreGarcon15 @MrArmstrong13 @EIGHTTODANINE @thecooleyzone @JabarGaffney @Niles_Paul What did you all think of RG3's Pro Day?

Odds on which ones will make the opening day roster?

Please repost any replies if/when they do! Curious to hear what they have to say..

Seeing RG3 throw that deep ball.....effortless

Odds on which ones will make the opening day roster?

I think we can start the season with 6 WRs ; there are 10 listed on the Roster right now, well 11 if you counted David Anderson, but he is certainly not coming back.

in no particular order:

Garcon

Hankerson

Moss

Gaffney

Morgan

Paul

(but really he is going to be heavily utilized in ST and that's about it, he needs more experience to start regularly playing WR)... could then possibly keep a 7th and

my money would be for Armstrong even though he is 28 and Austin is 23.

My feeling is Armstrong and Austin, and definitely Banks are going to be cut or traded at some point, probably right around start of camp or maybe a week or so in to it

perhaps Robinson is kept on the practice squad or something to see if he can live up to what they saw in him last year

Archived