Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Other than Quarterback, what position do you feel needs to be addressed the most this offseason?

Redskins Life

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Picked CB. With WR I sort of wonder who's going to be throwing to them. Little point in stacking our WR corp if every other throw gets picked off or flies north by a few miles. Oline is important, but it's more than one position that we have a problem with. That and the fact that again, beefing up the Oline will only do so much in terms of wins without the QB.

Meanwhile, if we can get this whole safety debacle under control, we're one solid CB from being a top 10 defense. Our front 7 is pretty solid, but our CB corp needs one more top guy in addition to Hall. Preferably someone who can actually run with the Bryants of the league.

I think we get more wins from adding an elite CB than from adding any other single player in any other single position.

Did you see Hank's coming out game? He caught 10+ passes and everything thrown to him, behind him, over him.....an elite WR can make a mediocre QB look good. I think we'll address OG, WR, and CB and perhaps S in FA. If we can do all that i wouldn't have a problem with trading up for RG3.

Well, we might have the worst wide receivers in football. So, there's that.

---------- Post added February-23rd-2012 at 10:57 PM ----------

Did you see Hank's coming out game? He caught 10+ passes and everything thrown to him, behind him, over him......

I saw that game. I thought to myself, "He is a future Hall of Famer like Albert Connell."

Did you see Hank's coming out game? He caught 10+ passes and everything thrown to him, behind him, over him.....an elite WR can make a mediocre QB look good. I think we'll address OG, WR, and CB and perhaps S in FA. If we can do all that i wouldn't have a problem with trading up for RG3.

I think there's limits to what receivers can do on their own. Receivers who are monsters at YAC could improve the team, certainly, but there's going to be limitations on them so long as our passers are sub-par.

I'd say WR is just barely below CB, if only because I think a good CB adds more wins, but just barely. We certainly would have gotten those two Dallas games back, and probably another one somewhere along the lines.

If we had a tandem back there like Hall and maybe someone like Brandon Carr (or Mo Claiborne), we'd probably have been 7-9 or 8-8.

Thanks for the responses. This is the first time I started a thread, and I was hoping that it would garner some responses and discussion.

With all the talk and questioning on our quarterback situation, it is refreshing to get some perspective on the other positions of needs in the fans' eyes. It appears that most people think that wide receiver and corner back are the biggest areas of need. I tend to agree, though I'm hoping that a healthy Hankerson will make a world of difference. I do think the OL needs to be addressed, starting with Shanahan putting his foot in Trent's behind and making sure that a suspension will never happen again. It sure is shaping up to be an interesting March and April!

Do you think that our expectations might be a smidge high for a second year player with 13 career receptions and a major injury? Just a little bit? Just a whisper?

Jump in, the waters nice. We're redskins fans, when have you ever known there to be water moccasins?

Do you think that our expectations might be a smidge high for a second year player with 13 career receptions and a major injury? Just a little bit? Just a whisper?

I'm not saying that Hankerson is going to come back and be the next Jerry Rice this season, but I'm hoping he is going to develop into our future number 1 wide receiver and stay at that caliber for years to come. With that being said, I still think that we need to update our wide-outs, but looking for future, starting caliber secondary might be higher on my list due to Hankerson.

I'm not saying that Hankerson is going to come back and be the next Jerry Rice this season, but I'm hoping he is going to develop into our future number 1 wide receiver and stay at that caliber for years to come. With that being said, I still think that we need to update our wide-outs, but looking for future, starting caliber secondary might be higher on my list due to Hankerson.

Has any 3rd round pick with 13 receptions and a major injury in his rookie year ever been declared a future #1 receiver before?

This seems like something historical. Like we should commemorate or something. I'm putting in a call to the editor of High Expectations Monthly and see what he can do to help us.

I've said it before: what would happen if the Redskins ever drafted someone like Victor Cruz? Would we have to rename the site ExtremeCruz? Could we as a fanbase handle it? I don't think we could. I think people would die.

It's probably good that we suck. It's safer.

I've said it before: what would happen if the Redskins ever drafted someone like Victor Cruz? Would we have to rename the site ExtremeCruz? Could we as a fanbase handle it? I don't think we could. I think people would die.

\

This is a good point, and something I've often wondered about. The Redskins haven't had a bonafide NFL star since John Riggins- and they haven't had the best player in the league since Sammy Baugh.

Think about the worship guys like Laron Landry get. Can you imagine if we drafted a Calvin Johnson or Tom Brady? I think guys would be throwing their underwear on the field.

Tough. But, as far as I know, RT is VERY up in the air. Jammal Brown might not be back and, even if he is, how much can we count on him? Polmus and other options are fine as depth, but I'd feel a lot better with a solid right tackle.

I really want a beastly offensive line. We can either get a stud QB and two stud WRs and have them play below their potential behind a mediocre OL or we can stock on the O-line and let guys like Hankerson and Helu play over their heads.

Pretty much. I just remember Helu running to the right and having to make a cut 3 yards behind the line cause the right side got beat.

I think my order goes RT then Corner then WR. LG would be nice, where we'd have Kory and Monty battle it out for the starting Center gig. But I think we're a good corner away from allowing our front 7 to become game changers.

Rt, cb, wr

So far only you have the same order of need that I do.

Has any 3rd round pick with 13 receptions and a major injury in his rookie year ever been declared a future #1 receiver before?

This seems like something historical. Like we should commemorate or something. I'm putting in a call to the editor of High Expectations Monthly and see what he can do to help us.

I never said that Hankerson is or would be our number one, but you act as if Hankerson being a third round pick means he has no chance to become our number one, despite that he is built like a number one wide out and has all the physical tools needed to be a successful number one receiver in the NFL. His receptions were limited because he was injured. It is not having unrealistic expectations, maybe high, but not unrealistic to think he could develop into our number one receiver. And, why shouldn't we have high expectations for our players? Should we just expect them to suck if they weren't drafted in the first round? Do you feel this way because Cerrato screwed the pooch with two second round wide receiver picks? Because, using the example you gave in your post, Victor Cruz wasn't even drafted, the Giants shouldn't have expected anything but failure from him, or to be a fourth or fifth wide out at best? It sounds as if you would prefer this site to be called ExtremePessimism. I know it has been a long time, but have some hope that things are getting turned around. We have real football people in charge now.

I never said that Hankerson is or would be our number one, but you act as if Hankerson being a third round pick means he has no chance to become our number one, despite that he is built like a number one wide out and has all the physical tools needed to be a successful number one receiver in the NFL. His receptions were limited because he was injured. It is not having unrealistic expectations, maybe high, but not unrealistic to think he could develop into our number one receiver.

I would like to believe that every player we draft could be a star. But I don't believe in protecting anyone.

Skins' fans get weirdly protective. I say, "We need a legit threat at WR. We should make a big run at Bowe" and five people say, "Hankerson could be a #1 guy some day."

I say, "Great. When he turns into that guy, we roll out Hankerson and Bowe and suddenly we are the Packers." But there is this perception that we should just give spots to dudes. And that's why we suck.

Do you think Belichik or Tomlin or Coughlin or any of the successful coaches think anyone on their teams deserve protection? If Ryan Mallett turns into Aaron Rodgers in the next two years, Belichik will dropkick Tom Brady to someone in the NFC for a #1 pick. You know he will. But - for whatever reason - we need to protect Hankerson.

I don't get why we get sentimental about players on a bad team. I would cut the entire roster and bring in 53 free agents tomorrow if it could work under the cap and guarantee a playoff spot. I have no affection for any of these ****ers outside of maybe Kerrigan - because "Hey...big white dude!"

I'd be interested in the FO picking up free agent Mario Henderson before free agency starts. Id like to see what he could do at RT, to shore up even more cap space with releasing of J. Brown. Henderson is sort of a forgotten man after his firearm charge but he's a big body at 6'7 300 and was slated to be the starting LT for Oakland this past season. He's relatively young (27) and may be able to get new life here in Washington... couldn't hurt right? Gotta see if his head is still in the game, but might be at least a viable option for backup RT, considering we normally are left without depth and lose out on the season when one Olineman goes down

I don't get why we get sentimental about players on a bad team. I would cut the entire roster and bring in 53 free agents tomorrow if it could work under the cap and guarantee a playoff spot. I have no affection for any of these ****ers outside of maybe Kerrigan - because "Hey...big white dude!"

Dude. We can't cut Orakpo. He's a beast.

Archived