Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lent 2012

AsburySkinsFan

FAST from describing anything done by yourself or anyone else today as a failure or mistake.

PRAY that you might always experience failures as learning opportunities rather than as judgements on yourself.

GIVE time to doing something you’re not confident you’ll succeed at.

Great line of thoughts. I am going to make sure I share this.

Not Catholic, but my wife is, which means I pretty much get to abide by the church dietary rules during Lent. So....can someone explain to me why eggs arent meat but chicken is? I have (grudgingly) accepted that fish is not meat. But seriously, a chicken and a chicken egg are classified differently? :whoknows:

Not Catholic, but my wife is, which means I pretty much get to abide by the church dietary rules during Lent. So....can someone explain to me why eggs arent meat but chicken is? I have (grudgingly) accepted that fish is not meat. But seriously, a chicken and a chicken egg are classified differently? :whoknows:

I think most of those kinda answers go back to it's cause The Pope said kinda deal.

Gym? What's a gym? ~Homer Simpson

FAST from unhealthy habits today.

PRAY for the health of friends and family today who are ill or may not be in the best shape.

GIVE friends and family an example of positive health today by eating well and doing healthy activities with them.

For this weekend, and for Monday, I have given up moving (unnecessarily; things like housefires/inclement weather,bathroom trips, trips to the refrigerator /pantry are perfectly fine), and sensible,healthy eating.After working very hard these last three months, I just wanted to let loose, physically and emotionally, and eat damn good while doing it, and man have I done it. It'll probably take me about a week and a half to recover and reset my digestive system, but I'm good, and I exercise a lot, so no problem there either.

No shame, no shame at all. I am 100% guilt free.

I firmly believe that our salvation depends on the poor. — Dorothy Day

FAST from one store-bought meal or snack today.

PRAY for God to open your heart to the needs of the poor in your community.

GIVE the money you would have spent on that snack or meal (at least $5) to a charity that serves the poor, or to a poor person asking for money.

Don’t become too narrow. Live fully. Meet all kinds of people. You’ll learn something from everyone. Follow what you feel in your heart. — Yuri Kochiyama

FAST from your normal routine — walk or drive home a different way, buy groceries at a different market, go to mass at a different parish, etc.

PRAY that God puts new people in your path so that you might share the good news with them.

GIVE time to meeting new people today and opening up your social circle.

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself. — Alan Alda

FAST from a comfort in your life today (e.g. a TV show, food or beverage, music, etc.) that might be serving as a distraction from you being able to knowing yourself a little bit better.

PRAY a prayer form that is not part of your typical routine.

GIVE time to an activity today that will help someone in need, but that you typically find uncomfortable to do.

Good words do not last long unless they amount to something. — Chief Joseph

FAST from saying empty words today and truly share how you are feeling and what you are thinking.

PRAY for people who suffer because of broken promises.

GIVE away any extra books in your home to a tutoring program or the church or local library.

Beautiful is the moment in which we understand that we are no more than an instrument of God; we live only as long as God wants us to live; we can only do as much as God makes us able to do; we are only as intelligent as God would have us be. — Archbishop Oscar Romero

FAST from violence today. Don’t watch any violent TV or movies, and don’t say or do anything violent to others.

PRAY a prayer of thanksgiving to God for making you His instrument and ask to know what He wants you to do.

GIVE by utilizing one of your many gifts from God to give something to a friend or coworker in need.

I have struggled with this call to vocation all my life. I can understand why people have doubts, because who understands God? I don’t. When you are dealing with something at this level, you are dealing with mystery. — Sister Dolores Hart

FAST from trying to impose your will ahead of God’s will.

PRAY for discernment of your calling in life.

GIVE $5 to a missionary family who are at home raising support to go abroad.

Archived