Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Please just say no to Peyton Manning

themurf

Which Option Do You Prefer (Check post for guidelines)  

685 members have voted

1. 1. Which Option Do You Prefer (Check post for guidelines)

• RG3; Give up at least our first and second in 2012
    • Manning: Keeping the picks

Absolutely hilarious. That was the very first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the photo.

Ah, come on guys. It's not like Peyton Manning has a lot of time to work out, you know, what with having FOUR NECK SURGERIES IN 18 MONTHS! Who could work out in those conditions?

Ah, come on guys. It's not like Peyton Manning has a lot of time to work out, you know, what with having FOUR NECK SURGERIES IN 18 MONTHS! Who could work out in those conditions?

But, but, he's perfect, and he's going to play for 4 more years and carry the Skins to at least one SB and he'll only cost 3 mil a year because he loves us and Kyle and him are going to be bestest friends, and we're going to get a QB to sit behind him and that QB is guaranteed to work out perfectly and we're going to have super QB play for the next 15 years because of it!

He just can't have a beer gut, he just can't!

Id love to see the arguments from Manning-to-Skins enthusiasts now...
He's the greatest QB of all time! How can we not consider our options?

We should also sign Joe Namath to our team as well, and get him to predict a Superbowl win for us next season. It's fool-proof, I tell ya!!!!!!!!! :beavisnbutthead:

Id love to see the arguments from Manning-to-Skins enthusiasts now...

Going after Peyton is/was always conditional on his health. If he is not healthy - and you do your due diligence for sure - you pass no question.

However anyone taking all the swirling reports leaked from Colts HQ at face value at a time they are preparing their fan base for the release and replacement of the face of the franchise and NFL is being very naive.

...So now he's a 36 year old quarterback coming off FOUR neck surgeries in 18 months... HOW IS PEYTON STILL AN OPTION!

He could need a fifth as well.

League sources also told Sports Illustrated that Manning has potentially developed bone spurs in his neck from the fusion surgery that took place in September. The Colts are under the belief that it is almost inevitable Manning will require further surgery at some point, possibly another fusion procedure, according to the report.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d826fe777/article/mannings-latest-neck-procedure-reportedly-was-his-fourth?module=HP11_headline_stack

Hypothetical question:

Say we miss out on RG. Who would be in favor of Tannehill at #6? If Blackmon is there, is that our chance to get a call for a trade and perhaps have the chance to take him later in the 1st? We run the risk of Seattle taking him at #11.Tannehill's almost assuredly not going to last until pick #39.

Do you take him at #6 as a sure thing or risk losing him to Seattle?

Hypothetical question:

Say we miss out on RG. Who would be in favor of Tannehill at #6? If Blackmon is there, is that our chance to get a call for a trade and perhaps have the chance to take him later in the 1st? We run the risk of Seattle taking him at #11.Tannehill's almost assuredly not going to last until pick #39.

He's not going to go in the first. He's a second rounder all the way. #6? Pass.

Hypothetical question:

6 is way too high for Tannehill IMO. If RGIII is gone and Blackmon is still there at 6 I would take Blackmon.

The scenario you paint though is why we need to address QB in free agency before the draft whatever we plan to do in terms of trying to trade up for RGIII - it gives you far more flexibility and covers your risk that despite best efforts its not a sure thing we come out of the 1st round with a QB and certainly not one who can start day 1.

He's not going to go in the first. He's a second rounder all the way. #6? Pass.

There's little chance of that. I believe he's the #3 rated QB on practically 99.9% of the boards. Griffin's going in the top 5. I don't see any scenario where RT drops that far unless injury, extremely bad Pro Day etc...

---------- Post added February-16th-2012 at 07:51 AM ----------

6 is way too high for Tannehill IMO. If RGIII is gone and Blackmon is still there at 6 I would take Blackmon.

The scenario you paint though is why we need to address QB in free agency before the draft whatever we plan to do in terms of trying to trade up for RGIII - it gives you far more flexibility and covers your risk that despite best efforts its not a sure thing we come out of the 1st round with a QB and certainly not one who can start day 1.

I agree it's too high. You would stick with Blackmon then Martin?

Okay.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/aggies-ryan-tannehill-making-most-of-senior-season

Ryan Tannehill (6-2, 222), senior, QB, Texas A&M

Tannehill’s NFL potential finally took off after winning the starting job during the 2010 season. So far this year, he hasn't disappointed.

Tannehill has displayed much better pocket sense. Combined with his foot quickness and athleticism, he moves efficiently to avoid pressure and can re-set, either in the pocket or outside, with accurate throws. He does an excellent job of reading defenses. When he finds open receivers, Tannehill gets rid of the ball quickly and is usually on target. He is more poised than before, and doesn't panic as plays breakdown. Also, he doesn't throw the ball up for grabs to avoid sacks.

Tannehill has good arm strength and does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play. For a player who was viewed as a likely fourth-round pick entering the 2011 season, we have heard scouts talk about him being a high second-round pick now.

PROJECTED: Second round.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/aggies-ryan-tannehill-making-most-of-senior-season

Ryan Tannehill (6-2, 222), senior, QB, Texas A&M

Tannehill’s NFL potential finally took off after winning the starting job during the 2010 season. So far this year, he hasn't disappointed.

Tannehill has displayed much better pocket sense. Combined with his foot quickness and athleticism, he moves efficiently to avoid pressure and can re-set, either in the pocket or outside, with accurate throws. He does an excellent job of reading defenses. When he finds open receivers, Tannehill gets rid of the ball quickly and is usually on target. He is more poised than before, and doesn't panic as plays breakdown. Also, he doesn't throw the ball up for grabs to avoid sacks.

Tannehill has good arm strength and does a good job of throwing the ball where only the receiver can make a play. For a player who was viewed as a likely fourth-round pick entering the 2011 season, we have heard scouts talk about him being a high second-round pick now.

PROJECTED: Second round.

Poly - dude. I'm aware of the projection and that's just one. Most others have him going in the 1st. He does have the skillset and after Griffin, there's a steep drop in QB talent. He's very, very likely going in the 1st round.

That doesn't mean much. With him being the third best QB on a lot of people's boards, he's likely to be off the board much faster to a QB needy team. However, six is entirely too high.

He could end up going in the 4th. I say that ordinarily he'd be a late first rounder. This year, there is a log-jam at qb. All that changes if someone falls in love with him, though. Even then, no way #6.

He could end up going in the 4th. I say that ordinarily he'd be a late first rounder. This year, there is a log-jam at qb. All that changes if someone falls in love with him, though. Even then, no way #6.

I HIGHLY doubt he goes in the fourth.

Can he go in the top 10? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not.

Where will be probably go? In the 11-25 range.

Where should he go? In the second round.

I agree it's too high. You would stick with Blackmon then Martin?

Okay.

I dont think its very likely Blackmon lasts until the 6th pick - both the Rams and Browns need help at receiver and I cant see him getting past both of these. If RGIII was off the board and Blackmon was still there I think he would be a great pick for both value and need at that spot.

I HIGHLY doubt he goes in the fourth.

Can he go in the top 10? Yes. Is it likely? Absolutely not.

Where will be probably go? In the 11-25 range.

Where should he go? In the second round.

The kid has started 19 games at qb. He is too much of a work in progress for the first round. Tannehill is coming off an injury and will be limited at the combine. He will not be picked in the first - period.

I dont think its very likely Blackmon lasts until the 6th pick - both the Rams and Browns need help at receiver and I cant see him getting past both of these. If RGIII was off the board and Blackmon was still there I think he would be a great pick for both value and need at that spot.

Yeah, I have to admit I would like to see Hankerson and Blackmon on the field together.

Perhaps the Browns are thinking Blackmon at #4 and Tannehill at #22?

Perhaps the Browns are thinking Blackmon at #4 and Tannehill at #22?

I actually think they are going to stick with Colt McCoy who was far from the problem with the Browns offense last year. If we jump up to #2 and take RGIII I think the Browns woiuld take Blackmon at #4 and either a running back or offensive lineman at #22 depending who is on the board at that point.

The kid has started 19 games at qb. He is too much of a work in progress for the first round. Tannehill is coming off an injury and will be limited at the combine. He will not be picked in the first - period.

You don't have the authority or the knowledge to say he won't be picked in the first. He's the third best QB in this draft. If Barkley/Jones/Wilson came out, I'd probably agree with you. But even as a project, he has better skills than most of the other quarterbacks that will be available.

You're fooling yourself if you think he's available that late, but it's entirely possible he falls. But to declare anything with any kind of certainty, such as "he will not be picked in the first - period" is off.

I actually think they are going to stick with Colt McCoy who was far from the problem with the Browns offense last year. If we jump up to #2 and take RGIII I think the Browns woiuld take Blackmon at #4 and either a running back or offensive lineman at #22 depending who is on the board at that point.

Martin - what do you think of the recent reports coming out about Peyton?

Archived