Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Manning could make sense for the Redskins (new post at end of thread)

Lavarleap56

The more you guys talk about it the more I think this could work. I want to ask you though, who would you like them to draft and (maybe) more importantly where should they draft him?

I ask you because more often than not your opinions seem to coincide with my own and I don't like to be wrong :ols:

I like to believe that if we pick up Manning then we could trade back in the first picking up another second. This would give our FO way too much to play with and honestly could put the team in better shape than trading up for RG3 or Luck.

If they went that route, I'd hope either Wilson drops to the low second/ third round; or that the massive potential over inexperience is still on the board in Tannehill in the 3rd or 4th. But I'd go the other way from trading out of that top pick, unless it was down a few slots in the first for extra picks, and be looking at one of the top linemen, like say one of Stanford's. (Maybe even Kalil if we dropped REAL lucky and the Browns and Vikes went playmakers to help out their young QB's.). Or if the values not there, a shut down corner. I'd be tempted to trade down from the second round on, but not moving out of the first.

Hail.

Peyton Manning has three to four years of good football left. If the neck is good what is on top of it can pick apart a defense like only about 5 others guys playing right now.

You mean five other guys who ever played. Peyton has a ridiculous ability to study teams and decode what they're trying to do. I think that says a lot for his work ethic. He's the anti-McNabb.

But then we'd be ignoring the QB situation... AGAIN!! And delaying our rebuild another year. Years before I was ok pushing the QB problem back a year because there weren't too many options. This year is as good as any to draft and sign a QB

As much as I want to draft RGIII, this isnt the QB draft class it was at the beginning of the year. with Landry jones falling out of favor and going back to school along with matt barkley, there arent really any top tier talents outside griffin and luck. not saying i dont hope we draft a qb this year, but i can see why they could try to get an extra first round pick in 2013 and grab one then (ugh)

As much as I want to draft RGIII, this isnt the QB draft class it was at the beginning of the year. with Landry jones falling out of favor and going back to school along with matt barkley, there arent really any top tier talents outside griffin and luck. not saying i dont hope we draft a qb this year, but i can see why they could try to get an extra first round pick in 2013 and grab one then (ugh)

Those two, particularly Barkley the year he was having have thrown a MASSIVE spanner into the works; and made our task all the tougher come April 26.

Hail.

only extremeskins will tear apart and devalue Peyton Manning.

He's an awesome QB but:

• He is almost 36 and doesn't have many years left in the league
  • Unclear how he would fit into our system since he is used to operating more independantly
  • We don't even know how at-risk his neck is to future injury

I don't see him as the answer to our QB problems.

He's an awesome QB but:

• He is almost 36 and doesn't have many years left in the league
  • Unclear how he would fit into our system since he is used to operating more independantly
  • We don't even know how at-risk his neck is to future injury

I don't see him as the answer to our QB problems.

thats a good realistic point of view to have. Im talking about the people who are questioning his intelligence and work ethic ect.

Those two, particularly Barkley the year he was having have thrown a MASSIVE spanner into the works; and made our task all the tougher come April 26.

Hail.

Yeah I dont buy signing Peyton as being "the plan". If it happens, and thats a massive *if*, it will be because Shanny doesnt think we have the trade ammo to go for Luck or RGIII with certainty - so its either another season or two of Rex while we train a second rounder, or we go for Peyton on a cash deal.

Of course...but they wouldn't grab Manning in the hopes of going 8-8. I think we could all agree that choosing Manning instead of Griffin with the expectation of similar results would be idiotic. However, if they choose Manning over Griffin believing that they can win 11+ games per season over the next 3 seasons while they believe Griffin would struggle for 2 seasons, then it is a sound decision. You might not agree with their beliefs, but the decision is sound based on what they believe.

Obviously the Shanahans wouldn't expect to go 8-8 with Manning. I was saying that it's more risky going with Manning because if you don't get the results immediately and there is no future QB on the roster, Shanahan and the front office are going to have a huge crap storm come their way. At least with RG3, the fanbase will be much more patient and Shanahan can continue to build the team without losing the fanbase. If we sign Manning, don't draft a QB of the future, and end up having another bad year, Shanahan is gone IMO. If Shanahan drafts RG3 and we have a season like the Panthers did with Cam Newton, Mike will not be on the hot seat.

thats a good realistic point of view to have. Im talking about the people who are questioning his intelligence and work ethic ect.

At the risk of offending anyone's ego that MORE than deserve to be offended, ANYONE that straight faced talks that way knows less about anything on this game than my Nan, God rest her soul. And my Nan never saw a football game in her life.

Hail.

you old fashion folks can pm me if you like :). I have come to enjoy twitter and for me its basically another message board with very informed people and good convos.

Thank you, Lavar. I might just take you up on that offer. As I've stated before, I don't utilize the internet much and would find it hard to incorporate Twitter into my daily life. I appreciate you and other informers for what you do, and can't tell you how helpful that is. I don't expect paramount information, but I do think that some information is relevant. I guess us older (notice I did not say old) folks are hard pressed to adjust to the new, modern age. Hell, I don't even consider myself old. Just old-fashioned in the sense that I'm a country boy (do not draw conclusions that I'm affiliated with Dallass) who is used to paper and pencil. Lol!

I don't think anyone is questioning Peyton's intelligence and work ethic. Besides the obvious concerns, his age and neck injury, I really don't want to do what the Vikings did with Brett Favre. Yeah, they had one great year with Favre and almost caught lightening in a bottle. But then the next season they stunk and continue to still stink.

Yes, much easier. That is why I posted about it. Its a simple page that allows you to get thoughts from people you care to get thoughts from. Rather than see everyones thoughts on a message board. You can also follow just conversations if you would like, without following everyone in the conversation. It is a very cool tool for Skins news. It is also easier to use from cell phones.

I do see you have a lot on your place and am happy to see the hard work and family values you have. But if you do get the time to check twitter out, you will be able to understand why (IMO) it is better than ES.

Thank you much, AKM. I might give it a whirl. Perhaps I can stay tuned in more to Skins news. I'm looking forward to a trip me and my son are planning to take to Washington DC to see a live Redskins game at Fed Ex amongst the Redskins faithful. We watch you tube games and get excited about being there and meeting fellow Skins fans even though we reside in Mississippi. We are catching a Redskins game this upcoming season at the Superdome against the Saints and cannot wait. By the way, due to the fact we have little knowledge of the area, can you suggest any areas that would be suitable to stay at for a home game and what seats are good for watching the game there?

I think what many fail to remember is that there are still a couple months before the draft. We've seen guys climb and fall all over the board and in the end it's all Shanny's decision. With that being said if Shannahan knows he can get his guy in the second round why not go after a Peyton Manning? Potentially trade down in the first and get an offense weapon like a Michael Floyd? Build some O-line and Defensive back depth in the later rounds? Groom your quarterback of the future under Manning, put a respectable record up next season and continue building from there? Next year begin filling defensive holes, Fletcher will be gone soon, more cornerback help. I don't see where it would hurt, but Shanny will get the guy he feels is best for the team, and for the long haul. These next couple months might reveal who that guy really is

I would definitely like the signing if Peyton is healthy. The man is smart and can read defenses, that part of his game does not diminish with taking the year off. And reading a defense whether playing in Washington or Indianapolis is the same. Yes, there are small differences in the offense, but I am sure he can pick that up. Also, if you pick up Peyton Manning that does not mean you cannot draft a QB. Best scenario would be we sign Peyton and draft RGIII since the Colts are not letting Luck fall below pick number 1. But the great thing about picking up Peyton is...if RGIII does not fall to us, or we don't have enough ammunition to move up to 2 to draft him, is we will still be okay next season.

I would also pick up Brandon Weeden in the later rounds.

Thank you, Lavar. I might just take you up on that offer. As I've stated before, I don't utilize the internet much and would find it hard to incorporate Twitter into my daily life. I appreciate you and other informers for what you do, and can't tell you how helpful that is. I don't expect paramount information, but I do think that some information is relevant. I guess us older (notice I did not say old) folks are hard pressed to adjust to the new, modern age. Hell, I don't even consider myself old. Just old-fashioned in the sense that I'm a country boy (do not draw conclusions that I'm affiliated with Dallass) who is used to paper and pencil. Lol!

Don't feel bad man. I'm 37 and wouldn't know how to get onto Twitter without researching it first.

Personal anecdote, just because:

Always amuses me when your in staples or wherever, looking at say a camera, laptop or some piece of technological kit; and the dude goes into his speal looking directly at me, only to hear "Hey man, she's the techno whiz, not me. Your explaining to the wrong one"; as he looks dejected and pissed that he's got to deal with a gal' who knows more than him and not me who doesn't.

Hail.

Im a censored face on Es now

This is complete bull. You & I had a conversation about this earlier this morning. This is also in violation of Rule #18, Paragraph 2.

EDIT Specially:

ExtremeSkins allows a wide range of discussion. We will never remove content from our community based on our personal views of the validity of that opinion. The team will not prevent any communication that is harsh or critical of the team. Refrain from unfounded charges of censorship regarding any moderator action taken against a member on the grounds an ExtremeSkins Staffer (or team official) simply didn’t like the content of the opinion. As a member, if you receive a moderating action and happen to have expressed a viewpoint in opposition to that of an ES Staff member, the action is due to an actual rule violation and not due to the content of the differing viewpoint. ES Staff members have opinions and may express them with all the rights of any member. Any Staff member's viewpoints that may be contrary to those of any other member are never the grounds for any action against that member. Unfounded charges of bias are not tolerated.

I would also pick up Brandon Weeden in the later rounds.

See, I could see the logic in that if they took him late as a back-up after taking one of the top two to start.

But surely in this scenario, if you went the Manning route you'd be looking at a younger guy to sit and develop; not one who'll be in his 30's when Peyton hangs it up?

Hail.

Those individuals are just idiots.

I don't like the Manning route because my patience in waiting for our next franchise QB is gone. If we get Peyton and end up with RGIII I'd be all for it, but if we go forward with just Peyton and a "project" QB I'd be upset. What do you honestly think will happen, if you had to guess? Or should that be asked on Twitter (sorry if so)?

Peyton won't mentor anybody. See Painter' date=' Curtis.[/quote']

That's why we employ a QB coach - the savy vet who helps the young up an coming player is largely a myth. What a young QB would learn from a guy like Peyton is how much work he needs to put in and how to prepare.

Don't feel bad man. I'm 37 and wouldn't know how to get onto Twitter without researching it first.

Personal anecdote, just because:

Always amuses me when your in staples or wherever, looking at say a camera, laptop or some piece of technological kit; and the dude goes into his speal looking directly at me, only to hear "Hey man, she's the techno whiz, not me. Your explaining to the wrong one"; as he looks dejected and pissed that he's got to deal with a gal' who knows more than him and not me who doesn't.

Hail.

I did laugh hard at this. And I appreciate the support. The internet baffles me like a bad sudoku puzzle (albeit, I like attempting them every chance I get). I just learned a different way of doing things and have learned it through different methods. I just recently acquired my AA in Criminal Justice and am attempting to acquire my Bachelors in the same filed. I had a couple of computer classes within that first two years and found it extremely difficult. Howver, I'm happy to say I finished with a 4.0 and was named highest honors in my class. Otherwise, I have found it useless in law enforcement other than standard operating procedures. But, I have to admit, it's nice to know that I'm not alone, Gibbs.

< edited >

When I closed several threads recently, including the other Manning thread, I made a post at the end of one of them the included the following directive:

Don't start new threads on the same topics as those you see closed unless they are centered around new and meaningful news items or equally valid information that hasn't been already been covered. :)

Note there is currently a thread active on Manning in ATN that met these criteria, and I posted as such in it after members warned the OP in well-intentioned fashion of potential problems.

This is from LavarLeap56 (with his permission)

Due to the recent issues i think there has been a huge misunderstanding between myself and the es staff and I appoligize. I can see how the "censored" sig came across and required action from the mods as well since it is against the rules and clearly noted. Im basically exhausted and dont enjoy posting anything on the board anymore and decided it was time for a change if i was even going to continue using this board at all. The change was to censor myself in a sense on here and post nothing of real relevance but my "opinions and thoughts" and keep everything else in a avenue where they can ask me in pm about it. I felt going about it this way would stop getting baited in random post by random posters that normally i ignore but usually end up repeating the same thing i have said 50 times before. I Felt by changing my sig it would be self explanatory and when a poster said " sounds vague" to a post i then explained my intentions and my process moving forward.

I regret that sometimes its hard for tone to translate via a twitter dm or es pm as well. I pmd the link to the espn article as well originally and my comprehension at the time reading the response was a 0 lol couple drinks and it happens i guess. I wouldn't post something intentionally that i thought would be out of bounds or cause a issue.At the end of day what started as a simple question avalanched into a huge misunderstanding that hopefully is cleared up now so everyone can move forward.

I will add that all matters between LL56 and staff re: moderating/rule issues were cooperatively resolved, and LL56's ban is therefore lifted early just as is often the case with similar occurrences involving any member. We are always happy to resolve such matters with respectful communication, trying to work out valid issues in adult fashion, and much prefer that type of outcome. Please see above edited post of mine for a related matter.

Archived