Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THEONION: Mike Shanahan Trails Off During Speech About Turning Franchise Around

Son of Gadsden

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/mike-shanahan-trails-off-during-speech-about-turni,18649/

NIB-Redskins-Coach-R_jpg_635x345_crop-smart_upscale_q85.jpg

WASHINGTON—Head coach Mike Shanahan attempted but failed to address his players regarding the Redskins' future Monday, repeatedly trailing off during what he evidently had planned as an encouraging talk about the future of the franchise. "As shaky as we've looked this season, we've got a lot to, you know… We just have to, eh, ahem," said Shanahan, who started and stopped his speech several times and at one point actually stood up as if to leave before seeming to notice his players arranged around him listening. "What I'm trying to say is, we're just a few games from turning. From turning this thing over, I mean. No, around. Turning it back? Well, anyway, I'm gonna go." Shanahan then told his players that his door was always open before retiring to his office and shutting the door.terminator.gif

After the Locklear situation, this just got 10 times more hilarious. :ols:

what the hell, 3 posts that aren't amused and 2 telling the op to change his title

this is funny as hell, come on, it's the onion, people. You'd laugh if it was about any other team, lighten up :/

It has nothing to do with how humorous the article was (it was ok, not one of the Onion's better efforts).

I was giving him a friendly warning, which he didn't heed.

Too late now. He got NNT'ed.

These threads are MUCH better when the Onion isn't indicated in the thread title. Hopefully he didn't get NNT'd for that.

This isn't great Onion work though. Maybe should have written an article about Grossman giving an end of season speech but turning it over to other people during important points.

These threads are MUCH better when the Onion isn't indicated in the thread title. Hopefully he didn't get NNT'd for that.

This isn't great Onion work though. Maybe should have written an article about Grossman giving an end of season speech but turning it over to other people during important points.

Would be ridiculous if he got NNT'd. I love waiting for the 5 minute paragraph of why Shanny needs to be fired immediately after an embarrassing speech like that.

Yeah, I thought i put (onion) at the end of the title, but i might have forgotten. I thought it would be funnier if people didn't initially read that it was a joke. Plus this is maybe my 3rd NT, and my first article. I knew the rules, so i posted the link and credited the author, but i guess i got the format wrong. Hoping I didn't get NNT'd, but if I did, okay. I can understand that all the bad posts I see can ruin it for everyone as far as mod tolerance. If not, i'll make sure i get the title right next time. so i support it either way.

Anyway, I thought it was funny, but with Onion, you either get it or you don't. I think being able to laugh at yourself (especially in these times of folly for our team) is important.

The humor i found in it was thinking about Shanny's state of mind after seeing some of these blocked field goals and such. Just some of the stupid **** that happened this season, you've got to think that he's just thinking "Yeah, in a few games...eh...uh...I'm just going to go to my office. What did i get myself into..." (for the record I think Shanahan is our guy until he decides to retire, and I love the direction the team is going) Wasn't meant to be the funniest joke in the world, but seeing as the regular season is over and we aren't in the playoffs, and I'm tired of reading the same old repetitive "Shanahan isn't the guy" or "Rex sucks!" or "We need a QB!" i tried to post something different. Not like there is anything better to talk about.

If the onion doesn't have at least one article that makes you laugh, you have no soul. I liked the new one, can't remember where I saw it about Jacksonville burning down their stadium to collect the insurance ACV. xD

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/peyton-manning-shows-his-backup-proper-way-to-hold,2262/

This has always been my favorite for some reason... haha

Archived