Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR!!! via Kevin and Rock Facebook Page: John Beck Could Start (False)

GOSKINS_08

I'm actually glad to hear it. I know some of the folks feel that winning and trying not to establish a losing mindset for the younger guys is more important than getting a high draft pick...and I completely disagree...

what is that saying that people have been using lately about bad teams winning meaningless games.... "When RG3 leads his team to multiple superbowls in the next 5-6 years (not the Redskins because they fell in the draft after finishins 6-10 instead of 5-11), does a Redskins win this Sunday against Philly really mean that much?"

As much as I hate to see the skins to lose, i completely agree with those kind of statements. One of the top guys might still be there if we finish 5-11 and pick 7th, and we woulnd't have to trade away picks to get our man...

I think it is a smart move if handled correctly. (1) it preserves a draft pick around 6; and (2) it allows Beck one more chance to see if he deserves a roster spot next year; and (3) it shows Grossman we may not need him (although we do especially as a #2) and allows us to negotiate a better deal as he left the season a non-starter.

i LOVE grossman talking about interceptions. he seriously doesn't seem to grasp the idea that they're strategically a bad thing. he is always like "yeah interceptions are bad because they seem to take the fans out of the game a little, which can shift momentum to the other team..."

Pretty much. The fumbles are what get me though.

You cannot have your QB committing two turnovers a game and expect to win

What needs to be seen, really?

Beck will be gone after this season and quite possibly after this game.

What hints are T.K. throwing out there?

Well, apparently there's still some fans who aren't convinced he stinks, and need one last chance to evaluate him.

these are the same people who taste the dog poop on their shoe to make sure of what it is.

~Bang

is it possible that kyle doesnt call plays that beck has a chance to run more effectively than grossman (such as bootlegs) because rex is his guy and beck is mikes guy? i'm reminded of the buffalo game where many of us were screaming for roll outs when beck was getting killed (some of which were clearly his fault, as was discussed in this forum). they did run a couple later in the game.

i dont know why else we wouldnt take advantage of becks mobility. not saying beck is the answer, btw, just trying to make sense of this season.

Here's what I think;

With Barkley dropping out, you now must consider that there exists a chance that Rex is your starting QB for at least game 1 next season. Lets be honest, if we pick up a 2nd round or later QB and maybe bring in someone like Flynn, Rex knows the system best and would probably win the job at least to start the season.

If theres a chance Rex is our starting QB next year, snubbing him here and sending him to the bench and not giving him a chance to redeem his previous performance which you benched him for is probably not the best idea.

Starting Beck here really has no purpose. Even if Beck had a crazy good game, it would occur in a meaningless game with nothing at stake and he would still have no trade value based on that one game. I can't see them keeping Beck, because he obviously stinks and on top of that you would be annoying Rex who is at least our back up next year. We can't afford to get rid of him with our very limited QB options for next season.

Well, apparently there's still some fans who aren't convinced he stinks, and need one last chance to evaluate him.

these are the same people who taste the dog poop on their shoe to make sure of what it is.

~Bang

I've stepped on a giant Hershey Kiss before.

John beck had no running game during his time starting and now that the running game is going, the shanahans feel that the offense can be fully opened up and maybe just maybe beck could look different.

I really wouldn't mind seeing beck start. We already saw what Grossman can do against the eagles defense and it wasnt pretty. Belief may be that now that the running game is going that if we can eliminate the turnovers and work the short game that we could beat the eagles.

Realistically though if rumors become true it's more likely that shanny reales that if we win this weekend we effectively have almost zero chance of getting a top qb even if we had a trade partner. The higher the picks we obtain the less in picks it will cost us to trade up.

Extremeskins Extremeskins Staff

RUMOR!!! via Kevin and Rock Facebook Page: John Beck Could Start: They posted this on their Facebook page about ... redsk.in/sBiblk

dcsportsbog Dan Steinberg

So @kevinandrock just posted this on Facebook "Rumor mill is ...that John Beck could start against philly this week!" via @Extremeskins

kevinandrock @dcsportsbog @Extremeskins we did? Oh hell. Let me ask Kevin if he posted that.

405504_2789721624860_1312942946_2928669_313476879_n.jpg

Somebody did.......

I've stepped on a giant Hershey Kiss before.

John beck had no running game during his time starting and now that the running game is going, the shanahans feel that the offense can be fully opened up and maybe just maybe beck could look different.

I really wouldn't mind seeing beck start. We already saw what Grossman can do against the eagles defense and it wasnt pretty. Belief may be that now that the running game is going that if we can eliminate the turnovers and work the short game that we could beat the eagles.

Realistically though if rumors become true it's more likely that shanny reales that if we win this weekend we effectively have almost zero chance of getting a top qb even if we had a trade partner. The higher the picks we obtain the less in picks it will cost us to trade up.

Beck refuses to throw the ball. He gets sacked on three step quick drops that are designed specifically to back the defense off and open things up when you don't have a running game.

But.. and here's the tricky part... you have to actually throw the ball.

On time.

Beck pats it. He double clutches it. He's afraid to let it go.

Beck showed the Dolphins he can't, he showed the Ravens he can't, and now he's shown us he can't.

we need to see it again?

~Bang

Here's what I think;

With Barkley dropping out, you now must consider that there exists a chance that Rex is your starting QB for at least game 1 next season. Lets be honest, if we pick up a 2nd round or later QB and maybe bring in someone like Flynn, Rex knows the system best and would probably win the job at least to start the season.

If theres a chance Rex is our starting QB next year, snubbing him here and sending him to the bench and not giving him a chance to redeem his previous performance which you benched him for is probably not the best idea.

Starting Beck here really has no purpose. Even if Beck had a crazy good game, it would occur in a meaningless game with nothing at stake and he would still have no trade value based on that one game. I can't see them keeping Beck, because he obviously stinks and on top of that you would be annoying Rex who is at least our back up next year. We can't afford to get rid of him with our very limited QB options for next season.

This makes the most sense. Also, there is a strong chance RG III stays at Baylor next season, so now you have two of the top three QBs not entering the draft this season. If this happens, the Redskins might would either consider someone like Tannehill, or just use this year's draft to build the secondary and add depth to the offensive line.

WE don't need to see it again... I'll put it to you in simple terms...

Beck + Our First rounder = Rams First Rounder

Here let me put that into much simpler terms

:rotflmao:

If we CUT beck this offseason, the only chance he has of even being on a roster next year iss to compete for the clipboard.

My bet - he's out of the NFL.

~Bang

The thought of John Beck ever taking another snap for the Redskins makes my head hurt . He is not an NFL quarterback, and honestly, I'm not sure he could make it in the CFL. He turns it over just as much as Grossman, but is half as effective and one tenth as entertaining.

Only in an Oldfan-run football league where the winner is decided by who executes the most bootlegs, would John Beck be a useful QB. And even then he would only be a backup.

kevinandrockKevin & Rock Radio

Kev reported on the @KevinandRock Radio Facebook page that Beck is starting this week. Confirmed from a source. I got his back.

What about the following tweet:

kevinandrock Kevin & Rock Radio

If Kev's source is wrong and Beck doesn't start it wont be the first time someone's wrong about inside info. on the Skins.

Archived