Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Release of the Jordan Concords (I need to vent)

CrypticVillain

air-jordan-11-og-concords.jpg

^^^ Those are the shoes that people have been going crazy for today. I am not saying they are ugly, I had me two pairs back when they first came out. But that is not the point of this thread......

The point of this thread is the chaos that ensues when shoes like these come out. You would think that nobody wouldn't trip over a pair of shoes, but time after time, fight after fight, death after death, people still go crazy over some shoes.

Look at this video that was first posted on Worldstarhiphop.com (this site is the worst :2cents: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipe-5tFVP4c

Come on man, these are shoes. Bammas shouldn't hand out beat down over a pair of shoes. I just don't know what is wrong with the minds of people today.

In my neighborhood on the 4th of July it was a big fight over a pair of stolen "icy blue' Nike Foamposites

I guess I started this thread to see if anybody else feels the way I feel when stuff likes this happens.

( Don't even get me started on the $180 price tag :doh: )

This is what happens when things assume more importance than living breathing human beings. We are to acquire things, it shows everyone how important we are when we have certain things. And all of this is artificially created by propoganda or as it's known in modern times "marketing."

Personally, this Christmas I got actual presents for my granddaughter only. I'm making our mom's famous pumpkin pies to take to my brother's house for Christmas day. I gave my daughter and son-in-law checks so they could get what they need or pay some bills, whatever they determine their need is. I made my Christmas cards this year. From now on, I refuse to buy into this ridiculousness. I will celebrate loved ones birthdays and do things for them throughout the year. But the obscenity that has become Christmas, no more will I participate.

Please tell me this was fake. Actual human beings are incapable of acting that way, right?

I wish it was. Unfourtunately cases are worst than that. Shoe hasn't even been out for 12 Hours yet:

http://thecrashcity.com/lifestyle/18-yr-old-killed-over-pair-jordan-concords-r-i-p/

In the late hours of December 22, 2011, Tyreek Amir Jacobs of Washington D.C was stabbed over the new Jordan Concord shoes that were set to release in the early hours of Dec. 23. R.I.P to this young man. Pray for him and his family. Details haven’t been released as to exactly what happened but this is really sad. Over a shoe? Is it really that serious?

http://www.eyeonannapolis.net/2011/12/23/concord-shoes-cause-serious-crowd-problem-at-westfield-annapolis-and-arundel-mills/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=concord-shoes-cause-serious-crowd-problem-at-westfield-annapolis-and-arundel-mills

On December 23, 2011, at approximately 0430 hours, security personnel at the Westfield Annapolis Mall requested police assistance in reference to a large crowd. Officers from Southern District arrived and learned several retailers had planned a pre-sale of Air Jordan shoes later in the day. A large crowd of patrons assembled to await the sale, and Mall security requested these customers remain in their vehicles until the stores officially opened at 0600 hours. The original crowd of approximately 200 refused to cooperate with directions, and the crowd size grew to approximately 500 persons by 0530 hours.

Numerous Anne Arundel County officers and several Annapolis City Police officers responded to provide crown control. Westfield Annapolis Management consulted with the stores selling the shoes and the pre-sale was cancelled. The crowd was disbanded without incident and patrons were told to return during regular business hours.

As of this writing, Anne Arundel County police officers remain on-site at the Westfield Mall for as stores open to assist with crowd control. No further information is available at this time.

This is what happens when things assume more importance than living breathing human beings. We are to acquire things, it shows everyone how important we are when we have certain things. And all of this is artificially created by propoganda or as it's known in modern times "marketing."

Personally, this Christmas I got actual presents for my granddaughter only. I'm making our mom's famous pumpkin pies to take to my brother's house for Christmas day. I gave my daughter and son-in-law checks so they could get what they need or pay some bills, whatever they determine their need is. I made my Christmas cards this year. From now on, I refuse to buy into this ridiculousness. I will celebrate loved ones birthdays and do things for them throughout the year. But the obscenity that has become Christmas, no more will I participate.

This is beyond Christmas, this is year round. I remember in the 90's when people used to rob people for their Eddie Bauer Coats. Then in the 2000's it was North Faces. Now recently more and more people are getting killed for shoes. Shoes that are honestly worth about $20 that get sold for $200.

I wear a size 18 shoe, so I have to buy my shoes online. Honestly, I was going to treat myself and buy a pair of these off of Eastbay because they are one of my favorite shoes, but after reading all these articles about stabbings, shootings, fighting, robbing, I refuse to get involved with it.

Wow...crazy... at least it was a fair fight, and AggroMan didn't curb stomp him or anything. I'm confused though...was the victim the alleged thief or was he the one getting mugged. IF the the other guy DID steal the shoes,. then he got what was coming to him.

As a young black dude myself, I have to say...this is so embarrassing. We are in a recession...tens of thousands of people are losing their homes, and kids are going to bed hungry. But tens of thousands of black people all over the country, standing in line for 12+ hours for an overpriced sneaker, stampedeing into shoe stores.

I have seen several different videos from DC, Atlanta, Ind this morning...of people getting trampled as the stores open and people swarm in.

I'm a shoe head myself, I've got a ton of foamposites, flightposites, nike boots, etc...I'm your typical DC shoe collector. But never in my life have I been a part of the midnight mayhem...how ****ing embarrassing. How often do us black people set ourselves back with this kind of ignorance?

Seriously...think about it. Imagine if Martin Luther King could see the kind of stuff that goes on today in the black community....imagine if that many young black people would line up to vote next year....god i'm pissed right now LOL.

Wow...crazy... at least it was a fair fight, and AggroMan didn't curb stomp him or anything. I'm confused though...was the victim the alleged thief or was he the one getting mugged. IF the the other guy DID steal the shoes,. then he got what was coming to him.

From what I understand from the description and a few of the comments, the guy in the gray shirt thought the other guy was wearing a pair of shoes that were stolen from him. He beat down the other guy and took the shoes, but apparently they weren't actually the ones stolen from him.

edit : One of the comments on the video says the dude that took the beating, his parents have the receipt from the shoes for him, no idea if it's true. (Also, there are some real classy comments on youtube...geez)

As a young black dude myself, I have to say...this is so embarrassing. We are in a recession...tens of thousands of people are losing their homes, and kids are going to bed hungry. But tens of thousands of black people all over the country, standing in line for 12+ hours for an overpriced sneaker, stampedeing into shoe stores.

I have seen several different videos from DC, Atlanta, Ind this morning...of people getting trampled as the stores open and people swarm in.

I'm a shoe head myself, I've got a ton of foamposites, flightposites, nike boots, etc...I'm your typical DC shoe collector. But never in my life have I been a part of the midnight mayhem...how ****ing embarrassing. How often do us black people set ourselves back with this kind of ignorance?

Seriously...think about it. Imagine if Martin Luther King could see the kind of stuff that goes on today in the black community....imagine if that many young black people would line up to vote next year....god i'm pissed right now LOL.

I don't think it should be a negative on race at all. This is a negative solely on the individuals who are acting so crazy and messed up.

I don't think it should be a negative on race at all. This is a negative solely on the individuals who are acting so crazy and messed up.

I was trying not to bring the race up, but is unfortunately it is a lot of young African-Americans. That is why it hurts me so much. I really can't explain it without stirring some things up, so I just tired to avoid it all together.

Exactly. While I respect what '82 is saying, stupidity knows no boundaries -- racial or otherwise.

Honestly, all they are is just reissued shoes from 1995. I am pretty sure they are the same because I have some reissued Jordan XIII and they feel the same way.

I know there was a time I was into sneakers. I still have a pair of the Arenas shoes in Redskins colors that I dig. But I feel so old when I look at those and thing "Ok, they don't look like much"

I was trying not to bring the race up, but is unfortunately it is a lot of young African-Americans. That is why it hurts me so much. I really can't explain it without stirring some things up, so I just tired to avoid it all together.

I hear you, and you're probably right. I shouldn't make it a race thing, and forgive me if I'm out of line. The last thing I want to do is offend anybody or break any ES posting rules...

There are stupid people of all shapes, sizes, and skin tones...but in this case, I see mostly african-americans participating in this foolery, and it's embarrassing.

In mixing bowl cities like DC, the American population deals with all kinds or races on a regular basis, so people might not sterotype all blacks as being idiots because they know better.

But where I live in Denver where the black population is less than 10%, a good portion of white people who live here do not interact with black people at all on a daily basis...and i think to myself...is this all they see of black people to form their opinions? A bunch of black dudes on the news in Atlanta, running over a little girl so they can be the first to buy some Nike Air Jordans??? And I wonder when those people see me at the mall with my wife, do they look at us like that? Does what i said even make sense?

lol

I agree with the others about it not really being about race, but I do know exactly what sf82 was saying.

In my middle school, a lot of kids were on the free lunch program, yet they would come to school wearing Tommy Hilfiger shirts and the latest Jordans. They'd also bring an Eastbay catalog and talk about which ones they were getting next. It was ridiculous.

It's shoes. But hey, when the music a lot of them (not black youth, youth period) listen to tells them that''s what half of life is about (shoes), what do you expect? It's ridiculous. The kid who got beat up at Dean College, that just cannot happen.

Now this is something I didn't want to get into because I really don't listen to secular rap anymore, but I feel that rap music nowadays has a huge impact on the way that young Americans act today

Archived