Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Release of the Jordan Concords (I need to vent)

CrypticVillain

Jesus, how tall are you??

6'6" :D

The thing is the shoes aren't the best looking shoes. They do look good, but I will never rob nobody for them. :doh:

My little brother went with his other brothers last night to get the shoes. Had I known stuff like this was going to happen, I wouldn't even let him go.

To the ones saying make the shoes available online only, it isn't happening. Jordan and Nike knows that they can sell those shoes at those prices at will. No matter how many people get robbed, shot, killed, they will never mess up that cashflow.

Q-Rich

and PLENTY of college athletes and other NBA dudes wear Retros on the court...not the most comfortable shoes for hooping in, but whatever...

I should have realized some idiot would intentionally wear poor quality gear to look cool. Then again they might be better than the new Lebron 9 shoe. :ols:

Wow...crazy... at least it was a fair fight, and AggroMan didn't curb stomp him or anything. I'm confused though...was the victim the alleged thief or was he the one getting mugged. IF the the other guy DID steal the shoes,. then he got what was coming to him.
Really? Really?

You realize you just said "At least the mugger didn't kill the victim. Maybe he had it coming."

Don't make excuses for animals. It doesn't do anybody any good.

Really? Really?

You realize you just said "At least the mugger didn't kill the victim. Maybe he had it coming."

Don't make excuses for animals. It doesn't do anybody any good.

Um yeah... that's why I said "IF" and asked about the situation. For the second time today, I can tell you're a force to be reckoned with.

Your little hit n run in the college bowl thread.

Wow, it's like being in a Miller Lite commercial with you.

I guess I could have went all heart on my sleeve about a video but since I'm 2000 miles away, I won't.

What are you talking about "Hit and Run"?

Are you just typing random words in your posts? If you meant what you said in this thread, try to realize your attitude is what perpetuates both the awful behavior in the video and the other links, and the stereotypes people develop FROM videos and links like this thread.

Damn look at that video....it's absolutely sickening. Until we get tougher on crime these types will continue to act this way. When I say "types" I mean those people that feel it's okay to resort to "Black Friday" mob violence. Lay down the law.

After watching some video on youtube, why was this not better organized? When the iphone comes out they set up line control stuff like 24 hours before the actual release. When video games come out they assign people numbers to even go into the store. How is it so difficult to do these same things when a popular shoe is coming out? It's just as embarrassing for the malls/stores as it is for the individual shoppers.

After watching some video on youtube, why was this not better organized? When the iphone comes out they set up line control stuff like 24 hours before the actual release. When video games come out they assign people numbers to even go into the store. How is it so difficult to do these same things when a popular shoe is coming out? It's just as embarrassing for the malls/stores as it is for the individual shoppers.

Do you remember the controversy surrounding the iPad 2 in NYC? There was a whole operation set up outside of the store on 5th avenue which completely benefited Asian resellers. People were complaining left and right. For the most part, Apple does a good job with their releases....iPad 2 (in some instances) was a bit hectic. Supply didn't meet the demand.

JB releases are getting worse and worse. I LOVE shoes...however, I'll never subject myself to waiting in line with a bunch of herbs just to walk away short handed or CHEATED. I'll almost guarantee that for the next big release, there will be a fatality. Folks are putting a $180 shoe above common sense and regard for others. Honestly, If I can't find what I need online, I don't bother (as far as Jordans).

This "new" generation of sneakerheads have sucked the fun out of collecting. It's an awful cycle that will continue as the years go on.

• 11 months later...

Bump...

Must be that time of year.

I just tried to order my little brother the "Bred" Jordan XI for Christmas. I had the site up all night, as soon as the shoes go on sell, I am kicked out because the servers are full.

That pissed me off.

Yesterday around 11pm, I was at a shopping center, and I saw these idiots in line waiting for the stores to open. It was cold and raining, but these idiots would wait in that weather for these shows.

That pissed me off.

Then I started thinking about NIKE/Jordan. If they would just release the shoes to accommodate the supply and demand, I wouldn't have to break my neck to buy my brother some shoes, or these idiots wouldn't have to stand in line for their shoes. We can all get them.

But NIKE/Jordan have built up the brand to the point where they toy with these people and know that they can get away with releasing shoes once every couple of years and have the masses clamor for them. If they made vast quantities of the popular shoes, they know that they won't be able to keep the hype machine going.

So people will continue to stand in line and sit in front of a computer to get a chance to buy a pair of shoes for 200 bucks that cost about 20 bucks to make. They get us every time...

That pisses me off. :doh:

yeah i don't get the limited thing MLS...i get that it sices the hype...but dawg, wouldn't Nike make tens of millions more if they just made enough for everybody?

And that way bammas wouldn't be camping outside the store and folks wouldn't get shot over a pair of shoes.

yeah i don't get the limited thing MLS...i get that it sices the hype...but dawg, wouldn't Nike make tens of millions more if they just made enough for everybody?

And that way bammas wouldn't be camping outside the store and folks wouldn't get shot over a pair of shoes.

I know man. I just baffles me that they don't make enough pairs of shoes.

I've fallen for the expensive shoes things twice. Once with tennis shoes and once with boots. Both times the durability was only slightly superior to the something from Payless. Though they were more comfortable. :rolleyes: I haven't ever really "gotten it" with these things.

Finish Line held an online draft for the Bred's and I was lucky enough to win a spot to get them. Walked into the store today, picked em up and took em home. No muss, no fuss and certainly no violence. I have never understood committing a felony for a pair of kicks. People are crazy.

Archived