Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Barkley Annoucment at 1pm,(4PM EST)

Missin Meast

:ols:

I don't think I could root for another losing season. Whatever happens will happen. I actually hope Barkley stays in school another year. USC will be sick next year if he does.

And that's an underlying issue with any Suck for Luck mentality...what do you root for the following year if you weren't able to secure the pick you wanted? Do you just throw in the towel since you believed the only path to success was drafting a specific person? Do you root for another horrible season in the hopes of drafting next year's best QB?

Personally, however it turns out, I just hope we get someone on the roster we can groom and that we improve as a team. I don't think that Shanahan is on any hot seat, so if things don't come together in year 3, it's not the end of the world...progress is what's important.

I know. People still think we can return to the Hogs days, where our oline were freaks of nature that could dominate. You will never see that again, unless we somehow are on the cutting edge of 400 lbs linemen who also have extremely high motors and power lol. We must get a QB. Sorry, we don't have a time machine to go back to the 80's. It's a different league now.

I get what you're saying, and pretty much agree, but look at a team like San Fran. They are enjoying success with Alex Smith and great running game - and he's certainly not what people would call a franchise quarterback.

D. Our fanbase/media outlets are ridiculous and impatient with every QB and Coach that steps foot in DC? Also, how many years did Barkley not declaring set our team back?
I know man that would be a nightmare. I will laylow till Mike and Kyle is fired.

See, D.

Well, when I thought the press conference was scheduled for 1:00 eastern time, it set us back about 3 years. Now that the punk is using pacific time, 5-6 years.

lol, you're right, I shouldn't jump the gun. But all indications are he is going back to school.

MattBarkley Matthew Barkley

Tune in at 1p.m. PST to hear my decision.. Go to usctrojans.com/allaccess/?med… to watch it live

less than a minute ago

MattBarkley Matthew Barkley

Tune in at 1p.m. PST to hear my decision.. Go to usctrojans.com/allaccess/?med… to watch it live

less than a minute ago

http://www.usctrojans.com/allaccess/?media=289618

I get what you're saying, and pretty much agree, but look at a team like San Fran. They are enjoying success with Alex Smith and great running game - and he's certainly not what people would call a franchise quarterback.

The 49ers are a one and done team in the playoffs imo. Things could easily fall apart for them if Gore got hurt. The 49ers also play in a garbage division. The 49ers is not the model I want to follow. That said, the 49ers would be extremely scary and probably Super Bowl favorites if they had an elite QB.

Cousins is trash. Weak arm and more of a game manager than a QB.

I have only watched him once. In an interview Shanhan was talking about him and said he liked him a lot. Dolnt know if if was bluster or not, but he though highly of him

Regardless of who we pick I want someone who can throw a good deep ball, we got 2 weak armed QB's now. I was not that high on Barkley because he does not throw a good deep ball.

The 49ers are a one and done team in the playoffs imo. Things could easily fall apart for them if Gore got hurt. The 49ers also play in a garbage division. The 49ers is not the model I want to follow. That said, the 49ers would be extremely scary and probably Super Bowl favorites if they had an elite QB.

The 49ers went 3-1 against our division.

I thought Barkley was coming out for sure after listening to one of his radio interviews a few weeks ago. He was really ripping on some of the USC rival teams. He was saying the kinds of things that a lot of coaches wouldn't be too happy about. I thought there was no way he was coming back and was just having some fun since he was going pro. I was trying to look it up just now but I see that he has a history of running his mouth. So, now I'm not so sure.

He submitted his paperwork to the the NFL Draft Advisory Committee three weeks ago and it only takes a couple weeks to get results. So, it makes sense to have a decision today. It's going to be interesting either way.

The Far Side Gallery

You are a man after my own heart, Jumbo.

As for the discussion. This is how I would like to see the Skins handle this years draft.

I would love to get Barkley or RG 3 but if neither of them declare I don't want us overreaching on a less talented QB just because the talent pool isn't as strong. If they declare and they don't fall to us I'm cool if we trade up a couple picks to get one of those two guys (something where we don't trade a whole lot).

I don't want to trade the house for Luck. First and second round picks are as close to sure shots as they get, and with what I've seen from Shanahan (finding solid talent all the way up to the 4th round) I want those at his disposal.

At the end of the day it is all about the QB that Shanahan wants. He is the 2x Super Bowl winning coach. If he doesn't like anybody on the board enough to pick at that spot I'm fine with him Gabberting to find more talent (yes, I did just try to coin a phrase). If Shanahan sees a QB he likes in the 2nd round or later, I want him to go for it. Why trade for Matt Flynn when we can find our own, it'll cost us less.

To me football is a team sport. You need a complete team. Shanahan has shown me that he knows how to put one together. He finds the guys who have talent AND the intangibles, that fit into his scheme. He's smart about his moves.

To me the draft is similar to getting presents on Christmas. I love it every year, but I've never looked forward to a draft more than this one.

I guess that's what happens when you notice a significant increase in the number of quality presents you receive... and you don't lose interest in them after a few months.

No more REX!!!! For the love of God, please no more REX!!! A "game manager" like Cousins would a HUGE upgrade over the turnover machine and get us past the 9-7,10-6 bar that's being set. I really can't believe what I'm reading here. Trading back to a mid-round pick and "reaching" for a QB not named Rex will set this team Ahead

No more REX!!!! For the love of God, please no more REX!!! A "game manager" like Cousins would a HUGE upgrade over the turnover machine and get us past the 9-7,10-6 bar that's being set. I really can't believe what I'm reading here. Trading back to a mid-round pick and "reaching" for a QB not named Rex will set this team Ahead

He is adverage "game manager". I rather have Rex for one more year than having Cousins for 2 years of 17 pts a game if that. It will be a horror movie if he was our QB. We don't even have a dominate WR.

F me this hurts us.

Granted I am not the biggest Barkley guy, but was hoping for a deep market.

:doh:

Can any LA area ES'rs figure out a way to kill his eligibilty for next year?

I wouldnt worry too much... he's stepping on his own toes by going back IMO.... He will be lucky to be a top pick next year and I guarantee he won't be number 1

Archived